Hi,

I was surfing the web to try to find the MEP-ID to unlock my phone. I found some info and was able to get into device information in the os enginnering screen, however, I was unable to find the MEP-ID. I think the instruction I have been reading might be for older bbs but I was wondering if anyone knew how to find the MEP-ID. I tried to install one of those EXE files to run and extract it via usb cable but that did not work for me either. Any help would be great.

Thanks
    PS. No I will not pay you to find the MEP-ID/Unlock my phone for me so dont ask :P
    02-05-12 02:29 PM
    02-05-12 02:40 PM
    It might not be something you can find anywhere on the device. It might have to be calculated using information located on the device.
    02-05-12 02:52 PM
    to be clear guys, from my underestanding... mep id is the thing u use (ie plug into decoder) to generate the mep code to unlock the phone. mep-id is unique to that phone.
    02-05-12 03:14 PM
    Go into Options>Status>Device and Status Information and see if it's there. Mine shows the IMEI, MEID (dec), and MEID (hex). Not sure if that has anything to do with it ...
    02-05-12 03:28 PM
    to be clear guys, from my underestanding... mep id is the thing u use (ie plug into decoder) to generate the mep code to unlock the phone. mep-id is unique to that phone.
    I did read what you wrote, but I just wanted to make sure you understood how inexpensive it can be for unlocking your BB.
    Many services offer a straight $5 fee.

This is the one I always recommend:
    www.HorizonWirelessOnline.com

PS I am completely unaffiliated with that site, in case you wondered.
    02-05-12 05:11 PM
    you can buy an unlock code for $0.99 on Ebay all day long. why bother with this?
    02-05-12 06:18 PM
    Yea ebay .99 cents works like a charm.I figured it would be easier to get it unlocked from ebay for so cheap vs. maybe an hour or so trying to get it directly from att explaining to 10 different people what it is and what i want to do.
    02-05-12 08:04 PM
    If you are trying to unlock your bb on os7 they have set mep id numbers depending on the carrier. Its not like os6 where you can go into the os engineering screen and get the mep id.
    02-05-12 09:41 PM
    you can buy an unlock code for $0.99 on Ebay all day long. why bother with this?
    why pay 0.99 someones offering to do it for free on crackberry.com ....
    02-05-12 10:42 PM
    I used the instructions provided to unlock using the OS Engineering screen provided here on this forum. It worked great in going all the way through but the last screen that says it will list MEP .... I saw a listing but MEP code was not one of them, can someone help?
    10-05-12 11:21 AM
    I believe there is no MEP-ID required for BlackBerry 7 phones =)
    10-05-12 01:11 PM
    you can calculate the MEP2 Code for unlock the gsm network
    all you need is your IMEI and PRD
    10-05-12 05:45 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0/#post4567397

It is not something you can get for free.
    You'd be surprised! I downloaded unlock software for BlackBerry and the codes work, google is your bestfriend!
    10-05-12 08:38 PM
    this is the site i use to unlock about 8 berries so far
    MyBlackberryUnlock | Unlock BlackBerry Phones for Free!

and its 1 free unlock a day
    10-06-12 01:37 AM
    I just did it for free.
    Guide for getting MEP-ID could be found here - http://www.blackberryunlock365.com/blackberry-unlock-support/how-to-find-mep-code/#.UXmAwrVTDI4

AND

Final Code using BBCalculator could be found here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DETXEAjFBTY

Enjoyyy
    04-25-13 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD