Is there a way to save apps to memory card on the 9930? I'm already getting low on space.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-05-12 10:39 AM
    Apps must be in device memory to run. Some apps like Aerize do allow for archiving of apps on the memory card but not to run.
    02-05-12 10:41 AM
    Your phone will only store music, movies and pictures on the SD card (and some settings like BeBuzz) not applications, you could store copies of them on there using a PC but your phone wouldn't access them as it does from the application memory. It's an obvious thing to say but if you need space look at which apps you rarely/never use and delete.
    02-05-12 10:44 AM
    What have you got on your device that takes up that much space. How about a list of the apps.
    02-05-12 11:09 AM
    Yeah, I'd like to see that list too. :O
    02-05-12 11:19 AM
    Like others said the answer is no. It is not possible to run apps off the Media Card.

You can delete apps to free up space. If the Apps were downloaded from App World you can re-download the purchase apps from App World.

Most apps have a cloud component that saves your info into a account and syncs the data.

I do believe This really should be fixed like using the internal storage on the phone but that is also for media. I thought the Bold 9900 had 786 MB but no its still 512 MB which shows up on My World.
    02-05-12 03:03 PM
    The very first thing I do when I get a new Blackberry device is load up the desktop manager, and I get rid of things I know I won't ever use. For example, I've deleted social feeds. MSN messenger, google talk(migh need that one soon lol) and things like that.
    02-05-12 04:13 PM
    No, only available on android, wp7, palm OS/webOS or possibly symbian. Sorry to pop the bubble.
    02-05-12 04:54 PM
    What about shrinking your OS instead for example huh?
    02-05-12 05:07 PM
    I have deleted all social feeds i will never use, also games which i have no time for and other applications, but when i find something in app world i am always low on space and all my pics (over 400) are saved to the memory. So I am lost as to what the hell to do now.
    05-25-13 05:51 PM
    I have deleted all social feeds i will never use, also games which i have no time for and other applications, but when i find something in app world i am always low on space and all my pics (over 400) are saved to the memory. So I am lost as to what the hell to do now.
    Download filescout/lite from blackberry world and use that to move all of the photos/other media you saved to the memory card. It's as simple as that. Or use Rock File Manager, also in blackberry world. Both are free. Then ensure you set it to ALWAYS save to the memory card from now on.
    05-25-13 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD