I updated to 719 this morning and can't seem to get my email accounts working. I have done 3 or 4 battery pulls. Everything else seems to be working fine. When I try to set up an email account, I put in the correct password and when I ask it to verify it, a screen comes up and says it failed and I have to log in again.

Anyone else having trouble with this?
    02-04-12 10:45 AM
    I had to change my password it was to short. It needs to be "8-16 characters, must include a mix of lower and upper case letters and numbers".

Then it worked.
    02-04-12 12:33 PM
    I too have no access to my email...and my email passwords are at least 6 characters long...I have three accounts and cannot verify any of them..it also will NOT let me delete the existing accts & start over...And I HAVE tried changing the password...it still gives error when attempting to verify...My carrier is Verizon...Any ideas??
    Last edited by brucefan1; 02-04-12 at 12:54 PM.
    02-04-12 12:48 PM
    It was the BIS password that I changed.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    brucefan1 likes this.
    02-04-12 12:56 PM
    I have never HAD a BIS password...tried to create acct, said I couldn't do from computer...created on device, went to link above, couldn't be accessed by device, tried from computer says my password/user ID incorrect...re-tried to verify emails since acct was created on device, still no option to activate...all other IM apps are working...had to re-enter my user/passwords with all but still no email...
    02-04-12 01:34 PM
    I have never HAD a BIS password...tried to create acct, said I couldn't do from computer...created on device, went to link above, couldn't be accessed by device, tried from computer says my password/user ID incorrect...re-tried to verify emails since acct was created on device, still no option to activate...all other IM apps are working...had to re-enter my user/passwords with all but still no email...
    Same experience here. This is unacceptable IMHO.
    02-04-12 03:03 PM
    I updated to 719 this morning and can't seem to get my email accounts working. I have done 3 or 4 battery pulls. Everything else seems to be working fine. When I try to set up an email account, I put in the correct password and when I ask it to verify it, a screen comes up and says it failed and I have to log in again.

Anyone else having trouble with this?
    Go to options on your blackberry, click on device, then go to advance settings, click on that, then go to host routing tables, click on that, hit the blackberry button, then click on register now. That will bring your email accounts back.
    02-04-12 03:05 PM
    Stupid BlackBerry. Same here. Updated using DM and now I can't activate my gmail.

Doing the above didn't help.

Why can't the er ever just work?
    Last edited by chrisy520; 02-04-12 at 03:09 PM.
    02-04-12 03:07 PM
    I get some message about unable to continue your session please log in again. Also cannot delete email account.
    02-04-12 03:11 PM
    Called VZW. They were useless and told me to do a factory reset.
    02-04-12 03:53 PM
    Called VZW. They were useless and told me to do a factory reset.
    Did you call the main help line or the vzw.blackberry line? I had the same problem with my BIS when I went to .706...I tried dropping it to the official, wiping, etc. and nothing worked. Once I broke down and called the tech support number on the vzw.blackberry site they had me fixed up in 5 minutes.
    02-04-12 04:19 PM
    Go to options on your blackberry, click on device, then go to advance settings, click on that, then go to host routing tables, click on that, hit the blackberry button, then click on register now. That will bring your email accounts back.
    I have tried this. It simply does not work. I have "downgraded" my version and have spent an entire day unable to use my 9650. NOTHING has solved the problem.
    When I select to "activate email", ALL of my email addresses are listed. It prompts me to list passwords for ALL of them. NONE of them can be verified and at the bottom of the screen, the "activate" is not even an option because the accounts cannot be verified.
    I also cannot delete OR add any NEW email accounts. ALL this even after the "downgrade"to the previous software version. I am simply no longer able to receive or compose email. period. This is unacceptable.
    02-04-12 07:23 PM
    I have tried this. It simply does not work. I have "downgraded" my version and have spent an entire day unable to use my 9650. NOTHING has solved the problem.
    When I select to "activate email", ALL of my email addresses are listed. It prompts me to list passwords for ALL of them. NONE of them can be verified and at the bottom of the screen, the "activate" is not even an option because the accounts cannot be verified.
    I also cannot delete OR add any NEW email accounts. ALL this even after the "downgrade"to the previous software version. I am simply no longer able to receive or compose email. period. This is unacceptable.
    This is the exact same issue I had as well when I upgraded. Call Verizon tech support and they will be able to get your email back. The tech had to create a new blackberry ID for my cell (not the app store one) and it was fixed. The new OS seems to make your pin invisible to the BIS email server. 10 min on the phone with tech for free and your up and running again!
    02-04-12 08:08 PM
    I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks guys. Hassles.
    02-04-12 09:09 PM
    What number are you guys calling? Can you post it? VZW was super annoying and kept telling to to highltlight and delete. Grrr. Wish I could do that!
    02-04-12 09:16 PM
    I tried that, but no help. I don' feel like hanging out with Verizon tech support tonite, so I guess this needs to wait to tomorrow.
    02-04-12 10:06 PM
    I had no problem with email when I updated to 719. I just re-entered the passwords and all of my email accounts were active. Don't forget to register your device and send service books.
    02-04-12 10:53 PM
    Fubar to the rescue!

Originally Posted by fubar2578:
    I found a solution to the email on the vzw support forum that worked for me.

http://mobile.blackberry.com communicate, email. It detected my bold as a new device and moved my email. go figure

This worked for me too. Thanks, Fubar!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 02-05-12 at 10:12 AM.
    ditto1958 and brucefan1 like this.
    02-05-12 05:44 AM
    This is the exact same issue I had as well when I upgraded. Call Verizon tech support and they will be able to get your email back. The tech had to create a new blackberry ID for my cell (not the app store one) and it was fixed. The new OS seems to make your pin invisible to the BIS email server. 10 min on the phone with tech for free and your up and running again!
    What number are you calling for tech support? I cannot find one on VZW...
    I also "PIN'd" myself & that part is working just fine...
    And the BIG question: Do I really want to install the upgrade to 719 again before calling...I downgraded trying to solve the email problem...It it worth it to re-install??
    02-05-12 07:41 AM
    What number are you calling for tech support? I cannot find one on VZW...
    I also "PIN'd" myself & that part is working just fine...
    And the BIG question: Do I really want to install the upgrade to 719 again before calling...I downgraded trying to solve the email problem...It it worth it to re-install??
    I would reinstall 719. Since I got my email back it is a better version than the prior. No major changes, just a touch quicker, more responsive and stable. A bit more polished.

Obviously don't call from your BB, Verizon Tech: (800) 922-0204. Tell them your email issue and ask the tech to check to verify you pin and blackberry ID.
    02-05-12 09:04 AM
    Fubar's solution worked fabulously! Thank you!
    02-05-12 09:47 AM
    I have had/still have the same problems.

I called Verizon tech support and got some help. I had written all of my email passwords and went to the BIS site to resend the service books. My email accounts were there, but after I tried to resend the service books, it said NONE of my email accounts were verified.

I got all but one account resolved with the Verizon tech support. I called them from a different telephone; eventually, they helped re-set andverify all but one email account. The one account I could not get squared away was my gmail account. It kept rejecting the password.

I have since gone to gmail and changed my password.........several times!

I STILL can't get the gmail account verified for my blackberry. I thought that, perhaps, since I've reset my gmail password several times, that google's system hasn't processed all of the changes so it goes through to allow the blackberry verification, but that was last night...........and it still won't work.
    02-05-12 11:49 AM
    Thats weird. Cause I did that with the tech support guy on the phone and it worked perfectly.
    02-05-12 12:30 PM
    I can log onto my gmail account from my computer without any difficulty, but when I am in the email set-up for my blackberry, I get an error message that my password is incorrect and the account cannot be verified.

EDIT: It's now a little after 5:00 pm EST; I tried to add the gmail account through my bb setup. FINALLY, it recognized the password, verified and activated the gmail account.
    Last edited by pick; 02-05-12 at 04:06 PM.
    02-05-12 12:48 PM
    Fubar to the rescue!

This worked for me too. Thanks, Fubar!
    http://mobile.blackberry.com go to: communicate, email. It detected my bold as a new device and moved my email. go figure
    This link worked like a charm!!!
    All emails are up & running...had to re-enter my passwords for all but after that, verified with ease...Including my Gmail....Fubar saves the day (and my sanity!)
    1978malibu likes this.
    02-05-12 04:46 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD