When backing up my BB 9810, it gets hung up at this point - Backing Up Smart Card Options 1 of 1 Record

Anyone else have/had this problem? Anyone have a solution to this problem?

The problem started about 2 weeks ago. Up until then, I had no problem backing up my phone.

I deleted the DM I was using, went to the BB website and downloaded the latest DM. I am using Windows 7
    02-03-12 10:57 PM
    i got the same problem too! so annoying!
    02-14-12 10:24 PM
    this has been solved already. there's a thread for it but i dont have the link handy

anyways, the solution is to use custom backup and uncheck 'social feeds'. it seems to be a major bug because it has affected almost a BB models and yes it started within the last few week
    02-14-12 11:31 PM
    Had the problem a few months ago and got rid of it. Don't remember how, but it definitely involved a custom backup. Not sure if it was social feeds or not. I'd suggest only selecting vital settings and emails, etc...and do incrementally more if you wish to identify which one is causing the corrupted backup file.
    02-15-12 12:20 AM
    Thanks. Will give it a try.
    02-15-12 02:20 AM
    Blackberry/Rim told me I should delete the offending database. my question for you guys is, if I do this will it regenerate itself? Has anyone else done this and not had an adverse affect?
    02-24-12 05:21 PM
    I unchecked social feeds and was able to complete the backup. DM shows there is an update for my operating system. It gets hung up doing the backup prior to updating my operating system...yes, you guessed it..."smart card options"
    02-24-12 05:40 PM
    I know that this has been answered but, using universal search, go to application mangagement, and delete social feeds app ... a breeze from then on!

You can selectively backup as well and uncheck it ... but I find the social feeds app useless anyways.
    03-23-12 05:18 PM
    this has been solved already. there's a thread for it but i dont have the link handy
    03-24-12 03:07 PM
    blackberry is a dumb phone
    03-23-13 10:41 PM
    This has been an ongoing issue for over a year. The custom backup--"uncheck Social Feeds", is the work-around fix for it. BB has never fixed the bug internally and its been there since early last year. Do as directed above and you will have no more issues with it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: EKO LIEM--actually, Blackberry is a smart phone, not a dumb phone-LOL
    We're only looking for helpful comments on these forums and negative comments can't help anyone! Please do not reply if your only intent is to be rude to someone looking for actual help from one of us on here. Unlike a lot of forums out there, most everyone on here really cares and wants to be of help. The first time you need help with something Blackberry, you will see the amount of people that come to your aid. Thanks!
    Graheem likes this.
    03-28-13 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD