Hey guys!

On RIM's Dev Blog, the Playbook shown seems to have a new UI for App World (similar to BB Phones?)

Take a look. It's the app on the right. What do you all think?

intoToday.tk
    Thunderbuck and CODEGEASS like this.
    02-03-12 06:13 PM
    Nice find!

Could you post more pictures that are zoomed in, thx
    02-03-12 06:58 PM
    I sure hope so because the way it's setup now feels so unnatural/slow compared to everything else. I wouldn't mind at all if they went to the style of the App World on BlackBerry phones compared to what we have now.
    02-03-12 07:29 PM
    It wouldn't surprise me if it is written natively......There is no way RIM could keep it as it currently is.....
    02-03-12 08:16 PM
    What is different?
    Can't see pic too good, but OP describes it "similar to BB Phones".
    Mine looks the same, doesn't yours?

Thing's that make you go "hmmmm"....
    02-03-12 08:28 PM
    I would call it BlackBerry World (make it the entire store front), all your purchases are linked to your BB id so it creates brand loyalty.

Within the 'World' I would have categories for different store fronts, and be able to sort in more ways.

Top Games - By Volume, By Rating, etc.
    Top Apps - By Volume, By Rating, etc.
    Top E-Books - By Volume, By Rating, etc.
    Top Themes - By Volume, By Rating, etc.
    Top Ringtones - By Volume, By Rating, etc.
    Top Music - By Volume, By Rating, By Top 40 etc. (merge 7Digital Store into BB World)
    Top Videos - By Volume, By Rating, etc. (new to BB10/PB OS 2.0)

I would also make changes to;
    - Sections / Lists can be expanded, open 20 for speed but with the option of expanding to the next 20. Newest section in particular.

- Update All, Updates all apps.

- Reinstall All, after a security wipe all apps / music / ringtones / etc can be installed at once. (All from the "World")

- Delete a Deleted App, I want to have the option of the app to not show up in the Uninstalled Section.

- Integrate BlackBerry Protect into the BlackBerry World, backing up to the 'BlackBerry World' Cloud service.

- Ability to log into your 'BlackBerry World' via your PC to make changes, Calendar Entries, Add Music, Purchase Apps, etc. All from your PC. Upon saving it updates your phone, all via the "BlackBerry World".

Cheers,
    Last edited by Rgainsmi; 02-03-12 at 09:57 PM.
    02-03-12 08:34 PM
    That does look similar, looking forward to the new UI.
    02-03-12 10:19 PM
    I hope this is true. App World is horrendous... I have given up trying to buy apps. This isn't good for anyone! A fix would be greatly appreciated.
    02-03-12 10:37 PM
    Yeah, I don't like the current UI either. The AIR based UI is too laggy and not very fluid. Hopefully they have developed a UI that is based on Cascades...though I'm not that hopeful...
    02-03-12 11:00 PM
    I would call it BlackBerry World (make it the entire store front), all your purchases are linked to your BB id so it creates brand loyalty.

Within the 'World' I would have categories for different store fronts, and be able to sort in more ways.

Top Games - By Volume, By Rating, etc.
    Top Apps - By Volume, By Rating, etc.
    Top E-Books - By Volume, By Rating, etc.
    Top Themes - By Volume, By Rating, etc.
    Top Ringtones - By Volume, By Rating, etc.
    Top Music - By Volume, By Rating, By Top 40 etc. (merge 7Digital Store into BB World)
    Top Videos - By Volume, By Rating, etc. (new to BB10/PB OS 2.0)

I would also make changes to;
    - Sections / Lists can be expanded, open 20 for speed but with the option of expanding to the next 20. Newest section in particular.

- Update All, Updates all apps.

- Reinstall All, after a security wipe all apps / music / ringtones / etc can be installed at once. (All from the "World")

- Delete a Deleted App, I want to have the option of the app to not show up in the Uninstalled Section.

- Integrate BlackBerry Protect into the BlackBerry World, backing up to the 'BlackBerry World' Cloud service.

- Ability to log into your 'BlackBerry World' via your PC to make changes, Calendar Entries, Add Music, Purchase Apps, etc. All from your PC. Upon saving it updates your phone, all via the "BlackBerry World".

Cheers,
    There are many good ideas in your post.
    Specialy, I like the delete for ever and install all functions.
    Combining apps with music and video is a nice touch as well (although there have to be separate apps for playing music and videos also ).

Anyway, I think you have to send your suggestions to RIM.

Sent from my Playbook
    corny888 likes this.
    02-03-12 11:17 PM
    Combining apps with music and video is a nice touch as well (although there have to be separate apps for playing music and videos also ).

Sent from my Playbook

I agree - send your suggestions to RIM but also get TEAM CRACKBERRY involved and they may have a contest or have a write up article so more attention will be on how Blackberry can importance their app world on the PB
    02-03-12 11:46 PM

Sent from my Playbook
    BlackBerry World is where you go to purchase and control the cloud content you own, music app and video app are still separate. Consistent branding over multiple mediums to create a simple, effective, one username, one password access to your purchased content. Your BlackBerry, Your World. BlackBerry World!

Being able to update, edit, etc via a web interface on your PC then distribute over several devices (think corporate situlations). A lot of these things RIM is already doing but it's all fragmented through inconsistent separate products. BlackBerry World is on EVERY BlackBerry from the start.
    02-04-12 12:17 AM
    nice find!
    02-04-12 12:28 AM
    I won't be surprised the final UI of OS2 native apps looks slightly different than the current, even the beta's one ...
    Would it be one of the "surprises" we'll get on release time ... yummy!
    02-04-12 06:56 AM
    Nice find!

Could you post more pictures that are zoomed in, thx
    Only one I could find, RIM Official on RIM DevBlog.

Seems cool to me - the current appworld interface is a little boring.

CAN'T WAIT FOR OS2!!!

intoToday
    02-04-12 11:36 AM
    Intriguing pic... Yes, it totally looks like the current phone App World. This looks legit.

There will be a need to filter out the cheapie e-books dumped in App World currently.
    02-04-12 02:31 PM
    I *really* hope they do some tweaks in appworld in OS2.0... One thing that worries me is all these new apps will be hard to find. They only have the 25 newest, so it's quite likely we'll be looking through subsections to find the new ones. It would be great if they had some sort of list either on blackberry.com or somewhere special in Appworld to really show off the new apps... I hope they're thinking of ways to make sure cool apps don't slip through the cracks!!! It would also be a pain from a developer standpoint if they didn't get their 'fifteen minutes of fame' on the 'Newest' section...
    02-06-12 02:50 PM
    This is a good news! Not productive with the current one. and I don't understand why most of the screenshot preview looks so blur or not in the right aspect ratio.
    02-06-12 10:23 PM
    This is a good news! Not productive with the current one. and I don't understand why most of the screenshot preview looks so blur or not in the right aspect ratio.
    It wasn't meant to serve as a preview. It was just a generic PlayBook image to accompany a post on the BlackBerry developers blog this week. Sharp-eyed observers noticed the mockup of App World, and the date (Feb 16)
    02-06-12 10:31 PM
    Cross referencing a similar discussion:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ements-691591/
    02-07-12 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD