Official VZW link
    Due to the email issues using Desktop to install, I would strongly advise all 9650 owners use the download links below instead.

Alternative downloads for non-VZW 9650 users:
    (Sorry for all the download link issues, hopefully I've got it all sorted out permanently.)

9650_512cmpttAMEA_PBr6.0.0_rel3084_PL4.4.0.560_A6. 0.0.719.exe

9650_512cmpttjAllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel3084_PL4.4.0.560 _A6.0.0.719.exe

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    Vendor XML Remover V1.0

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    •64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    •32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).
    Comments - While it's the same platform as Sprint's 6.0.0.706, the sfi for Multilanguage version is 209Kb larger and a newer release.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 02-07-12 at 11:59 AM. Reason: fixed links etc
    02-03-12 07:02 AM
    Still updates ?
    02-03-12 10:21 AM
    This is a very good OS for the 9650, recommend it to all running anything older than the .706 release from Sprint.
    02-03-12 11:46 AM
    This is a very good OS for the 9650, recommend it to all running anything older than the .706 release from Sprint.
    I agree, I believe this is as good as the 9650 can get at this point...
    02-03-12 11:51 AM
    what's a noticible difference?
    02-03-12 07:32 PM
    I just dusted off my old vzw 9650 and installed the update! I'm now with tmo using a curve 9360, but I just had to keep my bold updated lol! The 9650 is my favorite out of all the BB's I've owned so let's connect to wifi and check out os .719.
    02-03-12 09:58 PM
    I'm actually noticing that my 9650 is more responsive than it has ever been on OS 6..great update all around.
    02-03-12 10:26 PM
    Official VZW link
    Due to the email issues using Desktop to install, I would strongly advise all 9650 owners use the download links below instead.

Alternative downloads for non-VZW 9650 users:
    (Sorry for all the download link issues, hopefully I've got it all sorted out permanently.)

9650_512cmpttAMEA_PBr6.0.0_rel3084_PL4.4.0.560_A6. 0.0.719.exe

9650_512cmpttjAllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel3084_PL4.4.0.560 _A6.0.0.719.exe

Comments - While it's the same platform as Sprint's 6.0.0.706, the sfi for Multilanguage version is 209Kb larger and a newer release.
    ********** I installed the verizon update via Desktop and now have no email for days... please help! ********
    02-08-12 11:59 AM
    ********** I installed the verizon update via Desktop and now have no email for days... please help! ********
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...oblems-694618/
    02-08-12 02:18 PM
    After updating to latest version, battery life worsened, Guys any idea why ?
    02-09-12 03:25 AM
    After updating to latest version, battery life worsened, Guys any idea why ?
    If that's your only issue you're in great shape. How many times have you rebooted since the update? Battery life should improve over the next couple of days. Also, make sure your PRL is up to date and that you've pulled the battery a few times. Battery life has never been better on my Bold with this OS.
    sheikhowais likes this.
    02-09-12 02:43 PM
    Foolishly accepted the update from DM before checking here. Dummy. Too late now as the install is almost complete. Keeping fingers crossed that my experience will be better.
    02-09-12 09:53 PM
    Foolishly accepted the update from DM before checking here. Dummy. Too late now as the install is almost complete. Keeping fingers crossed that my experience will be better.
    This OS is solid. I've had none of the email problems that others have mentioned.
    02-09-12 10:45 PM
    This OS is solid. I've had none of the email problems that others have mentioned. My 9650 is running great.
    02-09-12 10:47 PM
    This OS is solid. I've had none of the email problems that others have mentioned. My 9650 is running great.
    Seems to be okay. Fired right up and email started coming in straightaway.

Some strange delays with trackpad response, but may be unrelated. I also replaced the keyboard ribbon cable tonight and may have inadvertantly affected trackpad connection. I'll give things a little time to settle in and do a few battery pulls and see if it self-corrects.
    02-10-12 12:07 AM
    whats PRL?
    02-15-12 11:55 AM
    whats PRL?
    Preferred Roaming List. If you want to learn more just Google it.
    02-15-12 05:26 PM
    No email or battery problems for me.

No noticeable differences at this point... just hate having to reset all of my apps permissions or account settings.
    02-20-12 10:08 AM
    I agree, I believe this is as good as the 9650 can get at this point...
    Hello, is there a certain one a person with sprint should use?
    02-20-12 11:14 AM
    Did the update yesterday...everything seems to be fine. getting occasional screen or track pad lags. battery life seems pretty much the same. maybe a bit worse. we'll see!
    02-21-12 02:35 PM
    Has anyone noticed that when you do a battery pull or reboot the device that the wallpaper gets reset or is it just me? I'm trying to figure out if this is a common problem or if I need to wipe my phone and reinstall the OS which I really don't want to have to do.
    03-09-12 02:59 PM
    Has anyone noticed that when you do a battery pull or reboot the device that the wallpaper gets reset or is it just me? I'm trying to figure out if this is a common problem or if I need to wipe my phone and reinstall the OS which I really don't want to have to do.
    I did not experience that problem. Try wipe & reload.
    03-10-12 05:00 PM
    Updating my Bold as we speak. Dad is taking it overseas in a week. Hopefully it updates without a hitch.
    03-29-12 01:55 AM
    is it better than the .709 from sprint? anyone?
    04-19-12 12:36 AM
    I'm still running v5.0.0.975
    Are there any issues with updating to os .719 OTA with this jump?
    Also, will this knock out any apps that I have purchased for this phone?
    Tx!
    04-19-12 12:54 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD