Title says it all.

Is BB another Apple when it comes to building its hardware?
    02-01-12 10:02 AM
    i dont think so.. some are built in Canada and some in Mexico
    02-01-12 10:11 AM
    Title says it all.

Is BB another Apple when it comes to building its hardware?
    Canada, Mexico, or Hungary. The Playbooks are manufactured in Taiwan. Blackberry accessories are typically made in China, but some are also made in Hungary.
    02-01-12 10:12 AM
    If you search 'FoxConn Blackberry' you'll find stories indicateing that FoxConn (the controversial Apple provider) also assembles BB products. The company has plants all over the world and assembles about 40% of ALL cell phones, tablets and such.
    02-01-12 10:31 AM
    If you search 'FoxConn Blackberry' you'll find stories indicateing that FoxConn (the controversial Apple provider) also assembles BB products. The company has plants all over the world and assembles about 40% of ALL cell phones, tablets and such.
    Well, basically FoxConn is making many many of the electronic parts used on all mobile devices of all the manufactures...
    02-01-12 12:42 PM
    Here's an additional production site, in Argentina down towards Antarctica:

Argentina to start manufacturing BlackBerry smartphones October 2011 | CrackBerry.com
    20 Jul 2011

RIM has chosen Brightstar Corporation to manufacture new devices in Argentina. Based in Tierra del Fuego, Brightstar Corporation expects to begin production in October 2011 with shipments heading out later that same month. This is, of course, in addition to the other locations that already produce RIM devices.

Tierra del Fuego is no stranger to cell phone production. Samsung, Nokia, LG, Motorola, Sony Ericsson, Alcatel, and ZTE all have cell phone production facilities here, and Hewlett-Packard recently announced they will be manufacturing laptops there as well. Over 5 million cell phones were manufactured in Tierra del Fuego in 2010 and government forecasts suggest 8 million will be assembled and shipped this year.
    02-01-12 02:37 PM
    I searched and didn't find any articles stating that Foxconn builds BlackBerry handsets. I found one picture caption that said that eluded that they may build them at some point in the future, but no articles stating that they actually build the handsets. I found articles that said that Foxconn and RIM are looking to build manufacturing facilities in Argentina, but not as a joint venture. RIM to build their own facility, Foxconn to build their own...

Mine was born in Mexico, as was my Tour before it, and I've never had a problem with those...
    02-01-12 02:57 PM
    i thought they were made by pixies out of starlight and dreams..
    02-01-12 06:07 PM
    Mine was made in Huntington Beach by a guy named Louie. Just sayin...
    02-01-12 06:47 PM
    I saw an article showing BBs being built in Malaysia.
    02-01-12 06:50 PM
    I think they should all come with tags like the salmon you get in some upscale dining establishments... you know - "Built with Love by Frank Andrews in downtown Calgary"" - or a barcode that gives you this vital information.
    02-01-12 06:56 PM
    i dont think so.. some are built in Canada and some in Mexico
    ...and Hungary. Units from Asia are from Hungary.

Can someone confirm whether a facility is planned/online in Malaysia?
    02-01-12 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD