Used my BB this morning, everything worked fine then got to work and got the white screen. Sometimes all white, sometimes white with a third of the screen on the right side with purplish vertical lines. Tried battery pulls with no sucess.
    THEN.
    Did a search on the googler, found this page:
    BBB 9780 showing a white screen - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

It was this tip that worked:
    "Try locking the screen and press on bottom right corner of the screen and "p" button at the sametime. It worked for me."

I couldn't believe it. It sounded pretty silly, but a couple others found it worked so I tried it. I had tried it a few times with no luck, then out of the blue one of my tries worked. I wish I could tell you the exact combination or order that I pressed the bottom corner of the screen, 'P' button and the lock button, but I was pushing them in random orders, sometimes all at the same time as a last ditch effort. I can't figure out why or how it worked, but I can tell you that it did. What a relief.
    So good luck to anyone else with this problem.
    01-31-12 10:25 AM
    Update:
    The problem isn't gone, but I can get my screen back by pressing on the bottom right side of the screen while I unlock the phone using the button on the top left. The white screen will come back here and there and if I unlock it and it starts to get messy, I can keep presssure on the bottom right of the screen and it will clear whatever distortion is there. Kinda getting tired of fixing different issues I'm having with methods like this. Anyone know what could be causing this?
    01-31-12 11:07 AM
    If you "fix" it by pushing hard on the corners or twisting the phone, then that to me points towards a loose connection inside. OR a break in a circuit board causing the intermittent connection. Could be worth dismantling the phone and disconnecting then reconnecting the screen. When the phone is open, get a magnifying glass out and inspect any ribbon cables for tears.
    01-31-12 02:17 PM
    you NEED an LCD ..... stop beating around the bush and get one from ebay or wherever else
    02-06-12 10:30 PM
    I had my screen fail exactly the same way, "fix" will work a few times before giving up. I got my replacement screen from blackberryspares.co.uk last week - used the disassembly video on youtube to guide me through fitting it. Make sure you get the right LCD code on the back of the screen before placing your order though.
    02-09-12 09:45 AM
    this worked for me...

I had the same problem, I couldn't believe it when I read the post, I even had a little laugh to myself, tried it and the screen came back. Anyways, I'm going to send it off to get the screen replaced as I don't trust myself to do it
    02-18-12 12:51 PM
    This only works very temporarily for me. What I had to do one or twice was actually pull out the battery and squeeze very hard around the bottoms of the screen as I could see a tiny gap on one of the sides that I didn't see on the other. But as soon as I use the screen just a little bit it goes wonky again. Luckily my phone is under warranty (I've only had it 3 months) so I'm going to get it replaced. But I almost long for that first clunkly old heavy trackbally blackberry -- it was a brick!
    02-20-12 07:51 AM
    I found a post on youtube and fixed mine. I took it apart and revealed the data cable for the screen and wrapped it with a thin amount of electrical tape and put it back together, been a month now and no problems at all. Apperently they are notorious for broken connections on the data cable because it rubs against the steel mounting plate inside the phone then creates a short in the cable once its broken, creating the white screen. After I taped it I no longer had any issues
    02-24-12 11:07 AM
    Hadn't realised this was common problem. I dropped my bberry on the hard kitchen floor and after that I periodically got the completely white screen. I found the straightforward way to fix it was to plug it into a power source, it would then get the wee clock center of screen for a while (as if you've been doing remove/replace battery and switch on for updates) and then it would work fine. A second problem was calls cutting out, however in retrospect I think that is the battery. [Curve 8900]
    12-14-12 08:14 AM
    THANK YOU very much for this fix - worked perfect and I got my screen back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i pressed the bottom right corner, then p, then locked the screen
    again, THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-15-12 08:28 AM
    When I read this thread, I thought it was silly. But this worked and my phone is working fine now. Thanks for sharing.
    12-30-12 09:51 AM
    Thanks thanks thanks , hundred thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssss. it absolutely worked for me. sounded silly but worked. i'm so happy thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
    01-07-13 10:32 AM
    Hello
    I am unsure if anyone has also tried this? This worked for me without any fuss or hassle within seconds and no fiddling with pushing screens or buttons and no messing with the battery. Please get someone to call you or message you. Once the incoming call comes in all reverts to normal!
    After trying the screen pressing solution we had a screen that looked like it had gone for good with ziggy vertical lines and purplish haze. I called the phone as a last resort within 5 minutes of trying things and hey presto! Hope this helps!
    Regards
    Marlth
    01-17-13 10:49 AM
    I tried this several times but the white screen still wont go away. I have tried this before and it worked and I have been trying this for the past 30 minutes and is still not working. I think I'm doing something wrong, can you tell me exactly where on the bottom right hand corner i should press. On the screen or the side of the phone. please let me know soon. Thanks
    02-18-13 04:22 PM
    I have a similar problem. After my screen times out and fades to black, it will (more often than not) come back on with a white screen. My work-around is to lock, then unlock the screen with the button on the top left of the phone. This solves the problem, until next time.
    03-05-13 03:45 PM
    This just worked for me, am a bit amazed to be honest thankyou .
    03-16-13 01:57 PM
    There is no fix around this problem, by touching stuff you are only causing the flex cable to move somehow and get a connection. The only fix is to replace the screen. Find a cheap OEM one on eBay
    03-21-13 04:53 PM
    There is no fix around this problem, by touching stuff you are only causing the flex cable to move somehow and get a connection. The only fix is to replace the screen. Find a cheap OEM one on eBay
    I think you are mistaken... this is clearly a MagicTouch� but it only works if you really believe. All hail the Mighty RIM
    elliepurdue likes this.
    03-21-13 05:18 PM
    I think you are mistaken... this is clearly a MagicTouch™ but it only works if you really believe. All hail the Mighty RIM
    lol..magic touch, the common solution to every problem
    03-23-13 01:05 AM
    I put a different SIM card in my blackberry 9320 and it didn't work so I put my old sim back in and it come up with a plain white screen and I only got it a few months ago what do I do? HELP PLEASE!
    03-25-13 03:20 PM
    This actually works I can't believe it thank you so much
    03-25-13 03:22 PM
    Thanks a Lot. It worked for me , just pressed button "P" and right corner of the screen .
    03-27-13 06:08 AM
    This is what is happening to my screen its just lines they is still sound its just when i flip it up they is a grey and black lines! Anybody have any ideas on what i can do because its getting me pissed off. Thanks x
    04-25-13 10:47 AM
    I hv tried all that it still wont work
    05-11-13 06:20 AM
    Hate to bump an old thread but had a co-worker run into this problem today. They were about to run out and buy an iPhone, but I stumbled across this thread and suddenly, the 9780 is back to life. For how long, who knows, but saved for another day.
    05-28-13 02:35 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD