Hello Guys!

A few days ago I got my BP 32GB after a discount for �250. My aim was to browse web and read some docuemtns to get some certifications on my profession, while travelling etc.

Today I uploaded all the docs that I'm gonna study, opened up one by one and realized that the some parts of the pages are blank or not shown correctly. Especially half of the first 2 pages of the chapters seem to be blank. The Adobe Reader just doesn't work as it does on Android, or Win XP. Anyone else encountered this problem ?

I found this problem on bb site. KB26882-Adobe Acrobat Reader on the BlackBerry PlayBook does not display contents of some PDF files

Did you happen to try the Adobe Reader app on OS2 ? Is this problem fixed ? I'd appreciate any help on this. I liked this device, but if it can't properly show pdf files, I have to pay �200 more and get the ipad2...
    01-31-12 03:28 AM
    Hang in there for the OS2.0 release around the corner. Maybe there will be better apps for a pdf reader.

I use my PB to read pdfs all the time (part of my job), I have never encountered such a problem, but I reckon it is a possibility. You can also try and open the pdf files using the Adobe acrobat professional on a computer and convert it into a different version of the pdf (high, low resolution, or reduce its file size, save in a different compatibility mode)--- then port it back onto the PB and give the files a shot, might help.
    01-31-12 08:45 AM
    Hang in there for the OS2.0 release around the corner. Maybe there will be better apps for a pdf reader.

I use my PB to read pdfs all the time (part of my job), I have never encountered such a problem, but I reckon it is a possibility. You can also try and open the pdf files using the Adobe acrobat professional on a computer and convert it into a different version of the pdf (high, low resolution, or reduce its file size, save in a different compatibility mode)--- then port it back onto the PB and give the files a shot, might help.
    Those are great suggestions, I tried opening mine in my book reader app that I bought for 99 cents and was able to read it fine. I had a folder of pdf's so just put them in my ebook folder. I know we expect it to happen, out of the box, but didn't know I had moved them there.
    01-31-12 08:52 AM
    I was curious. Boy, the Adobe Professional is not a cheap product.
    01-31-12 08:57 AM
    I was curious. Boy, the Adobe Professional is not a cheap product.
    It is indeed not cheap at all, one of the most expensive ones. I get it free because of my job, don't think I would have bought it if I were in a different profession
    01-31-12 08:58 AM
    i too am having problems:

In my case i loaded some files with pdfs of a magazine. They worked perfectly for a while, then a month later I now get error messages when I try to open them.

Says the file path is invalid. I can see them in my Downloads folder.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by InnoD; 01-31-12 at 10:49 PM.
    01-31-12 11:11 AM
    The only PDF files I can't open, so far, are forms.
    01-31-12 05:44 PM
    I have had a similar problem. Some files work, others come up blank. I upload mine to Google docs and then open them (but don't download them) in Google docs using the Files and Folders app on PB. Works perfectly, plus you have your pdfs on Google docs if you need to access them from a different device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-31-12 06:13 PM

Thanks guys! This really worked. I just tried to save using another pdf converter and it converted the file in a correct format that Playbook can show. No problems except that the Adobe Reader sucks on Playbook in terms of usability...

Thanks again!
    02-01-12 03:42 AM
    Without saying what software you used to convert and what format you saved this is kind of a useless post.
    Can you give us a bit more information?
    02-01-12 05:02 AM
    Without saying what software you used to convert and what format you saved this is kind of a useless post.
    Can you give us a bit more information?
    You are right. It is PDFCreator. Just install it and then try to print your PDFs using PDFCreator, the output will be again a PDF file and they show fine at PLaybook Adobe Reader.

Hope it helps
    02-01-12 05:10 AM
    Those are great suggestions, I tried opening mine in my book reader app that I bought for 99 cents and was able to read it fine. I had a folder of pdf's so just put them in my ebook folder. I know we expect it to happen, out of the box, but didn't know I had moved them there.
    Which book reader app reads PDFs?
    02-01-12 07:03 AM
    mine wouldn't read pdf files until i went into the security /permission section and clicked on the adobe reader and found that it was not permitting.... changed the setting to allow and works great !......very simple fix
    02-01-12 07:07 AM
    No problems except that the Adobe Reader sucks on Playbook in terms of usability...
    A fact we have known about since the April 2011 release of the BlackBerry PlayBook. Adobe, premier partner with Research In Motion, my shiny posterior, as Bender would say. Adobe deliberately crippled their Adobe Reader for this tablet giving us an early 1990s PDF reader. Every other tablet seems to have a perfectly functional version of Adobe Reader but no so for the BlackBerry PlayBook. Thorsten should smack down Adobe considering the pathetic PDF reader and the absence of adobe Digital Editions for this tablet too. To read Adobe Digital Edition encumbered ebooks I have to run ADE on Microsoft Windows and then use an encryption removal utility to strip out the DRM just to be able to read a purchased ebook that is only available in a format "protected" by ADE.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-01-12 08:17 AM
    Which book reader app reads PDFs?

I will let you know as soon as I get my playbook back. I left it in Toronto for my friend to use. I also ordered another one, so if that one gets here first, I will just d'ld my purchased apps to it and tell you. It has an icon with some books and a cup of coffee.
    JWiggle likes this.
    02-01-12 08:32 AM
    You are right. It is PDFCreator. Just install it and then try to print your PDFs using PDFCreator, the output will be again a PDF file and they show fine at PLaybook Adobe Reader.

Hope it helps
    Thanks. Bullzip or CuteFTP should do the same thing.
    In my case, with PDF forms, it would turn them into regular PDF documents without the form capability.
    02-01-12 04:07 PM
    Man, this pdf reader is so frustrating. *Sigh* Wish we could get a SOLID NATIVE PDF APPLICATION
    04-07-12 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD