i threw my bold 9780 really hard on the ground out of anger and a piece from the back flew off. now the cover doesnt stay on tight when i try to turn it on it doesnt work (the LED light shines red for a while then goes out, the screen does not respond at all) i put the phone to charge, and a black screen with a red x over a battery is in the middle of the screen. i heard its because the phone doesnt recognize the battery so ill try putting some tape around the phone to make the back fit tight again.

so is there any way to fix this even just for a bit until i can get a new phone? i have some important notepad notes on there that i need to write down somewhere else if the phone is irrepairable. if so, is there any way of extracting the notepad documents?

thanks a lot for your time guys have a good one
    01-30-12 08:23 AM
    The battery is not being recognised, probably because of internal damage. If you are lucky a different (fully charged) battery will fix this. Also check the battery terminals are clean and the spring contacts are not damaged. Otherwise the damage is probably to the main circuit board, and the phone is toast.
    01-30-12 09:19 AM
    if by spring contacts and terminals you mean the stuff on the sides of the battery then it looks fine on the top (where the memory card goes) it fits nice at the top where these things that look like golden teeth match on the battery and on the phone which i presume is what makes it fit tightly. the bottom is a little messed up but i dont see anything wrong with it. its loose in the back so when i try to hold it tight sometimes the front LED button flashes red but then goes out after a few seconds.
    01-30-12 09:51 AM
    I had the same situation last moth i had my phone plugged in for 3 days nothing happened so went and bought a new battery plugged it on and came back on . try this and good luck
    01-30-12 02:56 PM
    If you can't get it to work I'll buy it off you if it's a T-Mobile variant.
    01-30-12 03:39 PM
    Hey this might seem weird and crazy at the same time but it worked for me and now my bold 9790 is working now... in my opinion your battery might be completely dead... check out this video and follow exactly what he did .. it worked for me so maybe it'll work for you
    06-27-13 11:37 AM
    maybe the phone became sad after you threw it and died.
    02-26-14 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD