Upgraded my whatsapp to the latest version and it just hangs on the screen where you enter phone Number if I restart the phone and click on whatapp again it hangs the phone
    01-30-12 01:57 AM
    NO issue here, I also installed the latest version of the app. Try to remove and reinstall!
    Make sure to to a battery pull!!

Good luck.
    01-30-12 05:07 PM
    Must have re-installed and done battery pulls like 30 times and always the same issue. When I get to the screen to put in phone Number it just stays there showing connecting to network and then at times some whatsapp messages come in. but I cant get into the main window and once i restart it wont open again when i click on it it just hangs the phone
    01-31-12 01:31 AM
    Must have re-installed and done battery pulls like 30 times and always the same issue. When I get to the screen to put in phone Number it just stays there showing connecting to network and then at times some whatsapp messages come in. but I cant get into the main window and once i restart it wont open again when i click on it it just hangs the phone
    01-31-12 06:02 AM
    Try uninstalling, rebooting, and maybe installing the beta from the whatsapp website.

WhatsApp for BlackBerry
    01-31-12 10:09 AM
    I'm having the same problem. The app downloads etc and then gets hung up with Awaiting Network displaying on the screen. I've tried removing and downloading more times then I can count and have tried both the beta and regular download pages. Any more ideas?

02-02-12 03:34 PM
    I have also had this problem ever since i swapped my 9900 for another one, tried rebooting at least 50 times by doing a full battery pull, and installing through the app store and occasionally get error message saying "there was a problem with appstore and must close" i have also tried installing it through the whatsapp website with no luck, it just gets up to the initialization page after the 3 ticks it doesnt go past there stuck on the 4th stage updating for hours, Sometimes after the reinstall it gets stuck on the screen where you enter the phone number but the phone just freezes, also occasionally get whatsapp messages but in my messages folder but not in the whatsapp folder. Does anyone have a solution? This is so frustrating.

Regards

untamd
    02-07-12 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD