Anyone on there Bold 9900/9930 have a issue of a spring clicking sound? It is not like the normal keybutton press.

I can replicate it with pressing the "r" key on an angle. Sounds like more of a spring for the key going bad.

My bold was one of the first batches when launched as I picked it up on day 1. To be honest I love this phone and it hasn't disappointed!

But as I am coming to the 1 year mark in June(I think June), I wanted to get any issues taken care of before the warranty goes.

Anyone else encounter some not standard type of spring like click sound?
    01-29-12 03:52 PM
    Does it do it everytime or only when you press from a certain angle? Some of my keys make slightly different pitched sounds depending on precidely where I hit them (and if I'm typing fast with 2 hand or slow with one), I had one key which IIRC was 'n' which made an odd sound a couple times but not what you describe. If you've had no problems with the phone other than this and it's something you could live with I'm not sure I'd risk getting a replacement just incase that had worse issues.
    01-29-12 06:11 PM
    Does it do it everytime or only when you press from a certain angle? Some of my keys make slightly different pitched sounds depending on precidely where I hit them (and if I'm typing fast with 2 hand or slow with one), I had one key which IIRC was 'n' which made an odd sound a couple times but not what you describe. If you've had no problems with the phone other than this and it's something you could live with I'm not sure I'd risk getting a replacement just incase that had worse issues.
    All the time.

But exactly what you mentioned, wouldn't want to try to replace it and get more headaches. The phone *knock on wood* works fine otherwise and is probably the best phone I've ever had...
    01-29-12 08:52 PM
    I just started having some keys start making a higher pitch sound when getting pressed than the usual solid click. Mine is mainly the S key but also happens on the W. It doesn't affect the performance but it is annoying.

I can push the keys in different ways and either get the normal sound or the irregular sound.
    01-30-12 10:25 AM
    my "r" and "e" keys also give off different pitched sound when pressed. They sound more springy....

TBH, whenever you have moving parts on a device, there will always be some variation in the build.

I've noticed this keyboard issue since day 1. I also got mine on the first day of release. Build is Mexico 4. This issue doesn't bother me becuase it's really minor and really, it's probably within allowable manufacturing variance based on the design specs.

what bothers me MORE on my device is that the bezel and rubber back piece isn't flush on the back, by the volume rockers. that's definitely NOT within acceptable manufacturing variance.......but in the end, i don't care. it's just a phone i'll have until the next bold.
    01-30-12 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD