When I preordered Star Wars - The Old Republic, Bioware advertised that a security key app would be available for BlackBerry. There is now a version for iOS and Android, but no mention of BlackBerry. Even worse, requests for the BlackBerry app are ignored in the official forum or support e-mail, which makes me believe that they have abandoned all intent to offer it.

This is troubling to me because using security keys is a valuable method of securing a MMO account, and Bioware has turned its back on BlackBerry users. Since I can't be the only member of CrackBerry Nation who is currently enjoying SWTOR, I decided to start a thread to get other CrackBerry members to encourage Bioware to release an app for us.

I have created this thread on the SWTOR official forum. Please post a comment in there, as well as sending a request directly to customer support. If we get enough people to join in then we can't be ignored!
    01-29-12 10:13 AM
    Im with you, hate having to resurrect my crappy iPod touch just to use a security app each time I want to log in. Have started a thread myself some time agao but it seems to have been lost in the ether. I message customer cupport but no response. Doesnt look good! Wont dissuade me from using BB in future though.

03-07-12 03:34 AM
    Probably they have been busy with Mass Effect 3's release (after a poor DA2, they would be trying their best to make ME3 a success)
    03-07-12 03:49 AM
    I've side-loaded the android authenticator app onto my PlayBook, it works fine. Hopefully, I'll be able to do the same when I get my BBOS10 phone.
    04-02-12 04:55 PM
    If they're smart SWTOR in general is already in maintenance mode only anyways...

There's no end game content, huge server imbalances and the user base has been dropping like flies.
    04-02-12 05:11 PM
    Now that SWTOR has gone free to play the user base is coming back! Where is our Blackberry security app for our SWTOR accounts!? This is something they have really overlooked. I have sent in a request to support as recommended.
    01-25-13 04:38 AM
    Or you could not be cheap and get the physical key fob and it works better?
    02-23-13 10:42 PM
    for some of not living in the continental 50 states, physicals key are quite expensive due to high shipping and customs costs.
    06-21-13 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD