I've recently received a new Blackberry Bold 9900 and although most things seem to be working - I've been unable to setup synchronise with gmail. Although I can send and receive mail when I click the Synchronise button I get the error "Your device encountered a problem with this application's server. Select OK and repeat the action to try again".

I have tried various things including reboot, registering on the network again and resending service books. Please can you advise what else I can try???

01-27-12 12:16 PM
    Even though I don't use gmail, I had the same problem from day 1 with T-Mobile's contact syncing, 'My Account' app and e-mail setup. As soon as I upgraded the OS from TMO's "official" 7.250 to 7.590 and beyond, solve my issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-12 12:29 PM
    If your using the app for Google Sync, remove it from your phone. Go to your email settings and you will find sync settings for your Gmail. I would also recommend removing the Gmail account from the phone, adding the account back into the phone, and setting the proper sync settings when you set up the Gmail account.
    01-27-12 12:40 PM
    Even though I don't use gmail, I had the same problem from day 1 with T-Mobile's contact syncing, 'My Account' app and e-mail setup. As soon as I upgraded the OS from TMO's "official" 7.250 to 7.590 and beyond, solve my issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Now when I click on forgot password and enter the user account information I get "your device encountered a problem with this application's server"

03-04-12 06:26 PM
    I was able to get past the error by de-selecting the items I wanted to have synchronized. I then saved the modification and re-selected and saved them. I am not sure if it is synchronizing, but the error has gone away.
    05-24-12 08:11 AM
    did you enabled pop3 or imap access in your gmail account. see gmail account settings
    05-24-12 09:37 AM
    I have a problem with my mobile

My mobile is Black Berry Curve 9220

I am unable to configure my mail id in my mobile.

Kindly suggest
    02-02-14 03:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD