Good morning,

I purchased a playbook 64 gig last night. I am wondering what they use their playbook for..
    01-27-12 09:39 AM
    Good to know you got the 64gb too.

I use mine mostly for reviewing my documents and presentations, checking the CrackBerry Blog, taking notes at meetings, posting here at CrackBerry Forum, sorting out my appointments and emails via bridge, checking the CrackBerry forum for people in need of help, etc. Oh and did I mention using it to check CrackBerry.com?

If ever I get some spare time, I watch movies I haven't seen but have stored on it. I also use it to take photos, very nice ones I should say.

I don't often play games on it, although I bought some good ones on Appworld.

All in all, it's mainly a productivity tool for me.
    hasib123 likes this.
    01-27-12 10:04 AM
    I have the 32gig one. I use it for lots of things. I play some games when I need to kill some time, I use it to take notes in meetings, I use it for document review during meetings, basically any way I can keep from bringing a stack of paper to those meetings, I also use the organizer/calendar via bridge, I take pictures with it on occasion, web browsing, Facebook, Twitter, all that stuff.

edit - Oh yea, I also use it to watch movies when we go camping.
    Last edited by TerribleTim68; 01-27-12 at 10:16 AM.
    hasib123 likes this.
    01-27-12 10:13 AM
    However and whatever I want to.
    01-27-12 10:18 AM
    movies, games, browser, monitoring/managing my desktop's downloads via splashtop app when not home.
    01-27-12 10:22 AM
    I read tarot cards and so I found a flexible lamp base and built my own camera stand for the playbook using some heavy duty electrical wiring to make a nest for the playbook. With this I can suspend the playbook over the card reading area and I can control the video camera from above the table to video tape the reading. It is pretty slick.

That is one of the coolest things I do with mine.
    01-27-12 10:23 AM
    Read Books, Game, Bible Study, Surf, Email, Preach, Teach, Music, Movies, Music Videos (Vevo), Download files, Type Business Documents (with apple wireless keyboard soon to be redundant with remote and predictive), News, Tasks, Calendar, Notes (GrooveyNotes), thats about it really
    Thunderbuck and hasib123 like this.
    01-27-12 10:51 AM
    I read tarot cards and so I found a flexible lamp base and built my own camera stand for the playbook using some heavy duty electrical wiring to make a nest for the playbook. With this I can suspend the playbook over the card reading area and I can control the video camera from above the table to video tape the reading. It is pretty slick.

That is one of the coolest things I do with mine.
    That has to be one of the more unique uses that anyone has posted!
    01-27-12 12:07 PM
    Every morning I have a dump and start an argument on Twitter using my PB. These valuable minutes used to get wasted, not any more.
    01-27-12 12:11 PM
    email. reading. movies/tv. music. web browsing. pictures. video. games. umm EVERYTHING.
    hasib123 and xXBLACKBERRYXx5 like this.
    01-27-12 12:45 PM
    All around usage.
    It's an awesome device.
    Most things I use it for have been mentioned already, email, BBM, CB, movies, reading, scoremobile, etc.
    hasib123 likes this.
    01-27-12 01:39 PM
    Every morning I have a dump...using my PB.
    Is the Department of Health and Human Services aware of this activity and its potential public health consequences?
    01-27-12 01:51 PM
    I use mine for almost everything, but my brothers use is the best. He is a builder and has two or three crews for him, and he builds steal buildings up to the size of box stores like Costco. He told me he loves his playbook as he keeps it with him in the cat and when placing steal beams he holds up his playbook and uses "Rigid Digital Level" via the camera to set the beams vertical and true. He swears the app saves tuns of time and money as he spends a lot less time rechecking and truing the beams as the concrete cures. The final check for true and plumb is done with a level, but the initial placement is way faster and takes one or two less people.

I thought he was crazy until I went to a job site and watched him put up 40 foot beams using his "Playbook". What a crazy game!
    01-27-12 02:18 PM
    Is the Department of Health and Human Services aware of this activity and its potential public health consequences?
    I thought everyone did this, but I use the camera to check my wipes have been up to scratch. Skid marks are a thing of the past in our house.
    kbz1960 and xXBLACKBERRYXx5 like this.
    01-27-12 03:04 PM
    Every morning I have a dump and start an argument on Twitter using my PB. These valuable minutes used to get wasted, not any more.
    Indeed! As I have posted before, here at Crackberry, there isn't a toilet on this planet I would sit down on without my PB. And, as I have mentioned as well, that is exactly why I own an Otterbox case for it.

01-27-12 03:55 PM
    this morning I used mine at the bank. While standing in line, I checked my balances using online banking. When I got to the teller, I was able to show her the name, address & account number I was depositing money into by handing her my PB with the info on the screen. Because of the big screen (compared to a phone screen), she commented how legible it was and she noticed how handy it was fitting in my jacket pocket.
    01-27-12 04:05 PM
    I just got mine recently and still haven't used it for anything productive. Unless you include web browsing, facebook and mindless app downloading as productive
    LuckyDad and hasib123 like this.
    01-27-12 04:10 PM
    Well I have had mine for about a month now and will admit I am supprised by the changes in my habits. I almost never read or write emails on my blackberry anymore, I gave my book reader to my daughter and now do all my reading on my playbook and I have noted I usually spend less than an hour a day on my computer, preferring to do my surfing on the playbook.

While I expected to enjoy the new playbook I did not expect to become as dependant on it as I have become. I can't wait to see what improvements OS 2 brings us.
    hasib123 likes this.
    01-27-12 07:09 PM
    The better thread topic would be:

Things the Playbook Can't Do

...and then you give prizes to people who give a valid answer
    collapsed and hasib123 like this.
    01-27-12 11:06 PM
    Went to a timeshare for a weekend and plugged into their hdtv with my playbook. Tethered up and watched the new sherlock season 2 series from BBC with the family. It would have been super neat if the new phone remote was out then I could have really shown off
    hasib123 likes this.
    01-28-12 01:46 AM
    same as using my computer but no skype and built it diary if have then it would be a grat companion around
    01-28-12 02:03 AM
    The better thread topic would be:

Things the Playbook Can't Do

...and then you give prizes to people who give a valid answer
    Things you cant do

gps navigation
    google maps
    3g data
    widgets
    multiple screens
    traffic info
    on board maps

and thats just for starters. worst tablet i have ever owned. Browser closes for no reason, very few apps for blackberry phones are also compatable with the playbook, unlike other o/s platforms. At times it is sooooooooooooooooo slow, infact due to the issue with the browser closing for no reason this is the second attempt to post this reply, for just that issue. blackberry are doombed how many delayed releases to the new update are we at now?????? Mine is now up for sale, and as for the keyboard, well that is something else.
    01-28-12 02:40 AM
    And the only reason I would take it to the toilet, is to use it instead of paper. I am just glad I never paid the original price for it. Yes I read reviews on here, but one leason I have learnt, is never listen or take notice of people who live breath and xxxx blackberry.

On paper it looks a good device, but blackberry have taken a reasonably good hardware spec, and loaded on software that has no function or logic, in most things it does. no one wants to develop software for it, apps that are available are normally on average twice the price they are on other platforms,

This device could have been so good, but rim have taken a good design and hardware, then stuck on outdated, under performing, slow, buggy, software, then teased their customers with what to expect to come, but keep changing their mind as to when it will arrive.

Blackberry are getting left so far behind the competition, at the rate they are going, it will take them decades to catch up, and as their sales are dropping like a lead ballon, they wont have the finances to catch up let alone the expertise.
    01-28-12 02:53 AM
    Things you cant do

gps navigation ---- internet
    google maps ---- Do you 'need' this, other things can be used
    3g data ----- bridge = one less bill
    widgets ----- internet bookmarks
    multiple screens ----- not sure what this means, but you can do TRUE multitasking
    traffic info ----- internet
    on board maps ---- internet

and thats just for starters. worst tablet i have ever owned. Browser closes for no reason, very few apps for blackberry phones are also compatable with the playbook, unlike other o/s platforms. At times it is sooooooooooooooooo slow, infact due to the issue with the browser closing for no reason this is the second attempt to post this reply, for just that issue. blackberry are doombed how many delayed releases to the new update are we at now?????? Mine is now up for sale, and as for the keyboard, well that is something else.
    So... yea...

as for your browser closing... mine doesnt so check your settings or update the OS
    01-28-12 03:09 AM
    Nothing is more enjoyable than seeing a bunch of people who clearly don't meet the minimum requirements to use a playbook.
    The playbook promotes the use of browser( Which is the best browser period ) over all the apps the other platforms (iCrap) offer. If you want a vibrator/redtube app then you clearly got the wrong device.
    I always amaze my friends who have iPads with the speed and capabilities of my playbook. I can go on facebook/crackberry while playing something then go back to browser with just one swipe.
    01-28-12 03:20 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD