I have 9900.

It says only 3G on the home but if i try to seleect manual network I find my ISP connection either 2G H or 3G H

What is the H for? and why doesn't it say H+ on the home screen?

Is there a way to determine if I am on 3G or H+? where can I test and what are the numbers I should expect?

Thanks you
    01-27-12 08:45 AM
    it will say h+
    01-27-12 08:57 AM
    it will say h+
    Ah it only says 3G and when I search for the network manually it says 3G H
    01-27-12 08:59 AM
    it will say h+
    That's not accurate. Whether or not you get H+ instead of 3G depends on your carrier (or the carrier the phone was intended for). Displaying 3G versus H+ is purely a marketing decision.

If your carrier has an HSPA+ network you will be on it regardless of what branding is displayed.

What's your carrier?
    01-27-12 09:08 AM
    That's not accurate. Whether or not you get H+ instead of 3G depends on your carrier (or the carrier the phone was intended for). Displaying 3G versus H+ is purely a marketing decision.

If your carrier has an HSPA+ network you will be on it regardless of what branding is displayed.

What's your carrier?
    Vodafone Spain

I just ran a download speed test and I got a speed of 213.33 kbps

Is that 3G or H+?

Wifi was off during the test
    Last edited by Ettasek; 01-27-12 at 09:36 AM.
    01-27-12 09:20 AM
    Well sometime it happen to me two time my blackberry 9900 lost his connection and it appears SOS instead of the H+ for a long time like 5minutes and always happen in the night is that normal experienced that two time I know it the connection but just want to be sure if it's not my phone I am with fido sim card and i buy my blackberry on rogers
    01-27-12 09:21 AM
    Vodafone Spain

I just ran a download speed test and I got a speed of 213.33 kbps

Is that 3G or H+?

Wifi was off during the text
    Speed tests are not accurate on Blackberry's as all data is run through and compressed by RIM's servers.

Vodafone does have an H+ plus network. So as long as you're 99xx contains the correct bands you should be all set (regardless of what's displayed on screen).

FYI: you can see you bands on the about screen just under the OS version number.
    01-27-12 09:32 AM
    Based on this thread it would seem that it's normal for your Vodafone 9900 to only display 2G and 3G.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nished-671266/

The H+ branding seems to be more of a North American thing...
    01-27-12 09:37 AM
    Based on this thread it would seem that it's normal for your Vodafone 9900 to only display 2G and 3G.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nished-671266/

The H+ branding seems to be more of a North American thing...
    ahh ok, now I get it

thanks a lot I thought I was missing something :P
    01-27-12 09:43 AM
    No problem. And not to worry, you definitely weren't the only one with this concern.
    01-27-12 09:59 AM

What's your carrier?
    You are correct "H+" is just a marketing scheme by the operators. In Korea its false advertisement to advertise H+ as 4G since its not Wimax nor LTE.

You get "4"G speeds with HSPA but SKT berries only display 3G which is precise.
    01-27-12 10:23 AM
    It says only 3G on the home but if i try to seleect manual network I find my ISP connection either 2G H or 3G H
    Just to confirm, the 'H' on the Manual Network screen just indicates those particular 2G and 3G networks as being your 'Home' Networks (ie Vodafone ES)
    01-27-12 10:57 AM
    Just to confirm, the 'H' on the Manual Network screen just indicates those particular 2G and 3G networks as being your 'Home' Networks (ie Vodafone ES)
    Ahhh thanks! that explains it!
    01-27-12 11:12 AM
    I have a Bold 9900 white unlock and unbrand running on At&t network. I can only see 3G or 2G option. My device info only show 3G Bands of 1,2,5,6. What does a 4G/H+ show?
    01-29-12 09:06 PM
    I have a Bold 9900 white unlock and unbrand running on At&t network. I can only see 3G or 2G option. My device info only show 3G Bands of 1,2,5,6. What does a 4G/H+ show?
    An AT&T phone also has 3G bands 1, 2, 5 & 6, but only they will show 4G. Yours will only ever show 3G.
    01-29-12 09:40 PM
    An AT&T phone also has 3G bands 1, 2, 5 & 6, but only they will show 4G. Yours will only ever show 3G.
    It was similiar to my unlocked Telus 9900 which only showed H+ when connected to the AT&T network, but not 4G.
    01-30-12 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD