Is was wondering, since I can't seem to find the answer anywhere else, does 7111 improve compatibility with android apps? At the moment I have a rooted beta 6149 on my playbook. But I would give it up if 7111 clearly brings more compatibility.
    01-27-12 04:47 AM
    7111 is the worst beta and of the lot.

Never experienced so many cashes of apps, browser, android, and more. Issues with AppWorld and BlackBerry Id.
    01-27-12 05:00 AM
    I would have to say that 7111 moves backwards in terms of compatibility. Most of the programs I've converted run fine, but Sudoku 10'000 and Sudoku 10'000 Free don't run at all anymore. (They're pretty much the best Android sudoku programs.)

I haven't found anything I've re-tested with 7111 that suddenly works.

I think what we're looking at is RIM's increasing lockdown of the player. With disabling Accounts & Sync I suspect there may be some app compatibility fallout. At this point unless there's a fairly drastic change in the architecture of the Android player, I think this feature may end up being usable but highly disappointing. Still, the two things I most need/want (KeePass and a full-featured RDP client) still work. That changes the PB from a web browser slab I don't need into a usable tool.
    timekeeper likes this.
    01-28-12 08:59 AM
    I found camara is now accessible...
    02-01-12 11:36 AM
    Thank you all very much for your feedback. Guess I'll wait for a next beta or release.
    02-03-12 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD