Hi all,
    I am a beginner with both the Mac and relatively new to the BB, so HELP, and help as if you're explaining it to a child.

I just got the BB 9790 v7.0.0.473 (bundle 2083), I use Macbook Pro OSX (10.7.2) and the latest Desktop Software 2.2.1. and Mac's Address Book.

After having transferred all my date from 9780 to 9790 using the Desktop SW, I tried synching the phone after a week or so with my Mac and it doubled all contacts on my BB. Now when I look on the Desktop Software (DTSW), all my groups have been doubled as well. (See scene grab). However in my Address Book, all is normal. They say a little knowledge is dangerous, so with the little I have I tried:
    1)Clearing all contacts from BB using the option in DTSW
    2)Used the Forget Device Option in DTSW
    3)Removing DTSW from Mac, rebooting, and reinstalling just in case!
    4)Rebooting BB
    5)However, when I synched it again, it went back to the double groups and double entries.

I tried to figure out how to get rid of all traces of my BB on my Mac, but could not. I was thinking that like that I could do a new synch with the Address Book.

I have 2 questions
    1) What do you guys suggest I do?
    2) How can I get rid of all traces of any BB on my Mac?

Thanks for any help.
    01-25-12 12:49 AM
    I had trouble transferring from my 9780 to the 9900 (os6 to os7) I'm on a mac as well so I just saved my contacts to my gmail account and when I set up my email I checked sync contacts and it worked really well so far. Even adding/deleting contacts on my phone or in gmail gets updated on the other . That's another option too I guess, it doesn't solve the problem though.
    Last edited by Core_Frequency; 01-27-12 at 12:16 AM.
    juglj likes this.
    01-25-12 01:58 AM
    i'm on a macbook pro and what i usually do is under advanced settings tick on the "replace all calendar / contacts / notes / tasks ... "

i noticed this solved the double entry problem.

no doubt if i have to add / amend a contact / event on my berry, its a bit cumbersome - usually i'll email the details to myself - the email in my inbox reminds me to do the necessary change - and i will only tinker around with the databases on my mac - - but syncing 1 way makes sure that the doubling is avoided.

hope this helps.
    juglj likes this.
    01-25-12 03:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD