This getting a little weird. I have never seen any brand hate before like this. People can go out and buy a car thats cost them thousands of dollars and have all kinds off problems with them and not bash on them like people are hating on blackberry.
    I dont get it Blackberry are not a bad product at all.
    There must be some Subliminal messages or brain washing out there to hate on Blackberrys maybe it built in android and ios lol .
    01-23-12 07:00 PM
    I like where this thread is headed.

Some people just like to hate on other peoples choices. Whether, the use bbos, android or ios. They take great pleasure in it actually.
    01-23-12 07:03 PM
    This getting a little weird. I have never seen any brand hate before like this. People can go out and buy a car thats cost them thousands of dollars and have all kinds off problems with them and not bash on them like people are hating on blackberry.
    I dont get it Blackberry are not a bad product at all.
    There must be some Subliminal messages or brain washing out there to hate on Blackberrys maybe it built in android and ios lol .
    You'll find lots of that hate right here in this BB fan site unfortunately.

Welcome to crack berry.com
    01-23-12 07:06 PM
    The Haters usually cite BB users who have somehow placed their heads in the sand, and defend BB just a little too hard.

Defenders usually say that non-blackberry users should be posting on their new platform's forums.

Those who run the site will usually say that while we are a community, the traffic from all haters vs defenders probably generates a lot of traffic, and that equals revenue.

Those who are stuck in the middle just have a lot more reading to do.

Did I leave anything out?
    01-23-12 07:11 PM
    I find it strange that people can wish so much ill of RIM. Making comments like "just die already" wtf?? Heard mentality.
    01-23-12 07:12 PM
    The Haters usually cite BB users who have somehow placed their heads in the sand, and defend BB just a little too hard.

Defenders usually say that non-blackberry users should be posting on their new platform's forums.

Those who run the site will usually say that while we are a community, the traffic from all haters vs defenders probably generates a lot of traffic, and that equals revenue.

Nope. Think you nailed it.
    01-23-12 07:18 PM
    lol it's an app on IOS and Android called Angry Battery where they try
    to get battery life back from Blackberrys.
    and Yeah its like some guy can just come into into this thread
    and post "Blackberry FTL iPhone FTW"
    and he will feel good and think to himself huh there I showed them.
    01-23-12 07:19 PM

That sums it up prett good, actually. Usually, I just read the threads for entertainment value because they don't really serve any other purpose but on days like today when a big announcement is made the threads tend to get especially vicious and I'm sure its hard for the mods to keep up. I'll jump in with a comment on these days but keep it civil.
    If you're looking for great bb info you HAVE come to the right place just stay out of the general talk and news forums and try the ones specific to each model of phone or software. There's a ton of people willing to help.
    Then come back here, grab some popcorn and enjoy the show!
    01-23-12 07:23 PM
    They and many others all through human history have hated for only 1 reason. FEAR! Sad but forever true. and it will continue till the end of time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-12 07:41 PM
    They and many others all through human history have hated for only 1 reason. FEAR! Sad but forever true. and it will continue till the end of time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Lets be honest, I have had a blackberry, I have had and iPhone, I have every other smart phone except for a Windows phone. I wanted something differnt and I wanted a machine not a toy "that is why I have my iPod, that is a toy. I thought and I said, I am getting a blackberry. The day I got it I was gretted by the Setup screen, it was too much and it overwhelmed me. Days went by, I was very happy to replace my iPhone. I later bought blackberry's power phone the BOLD I was so happy. Until, one morning I woked up and realized my blackberry was asking for an update for the app BBMusic. Nothing strange, I clicked update I went to make my my coffee I had my homework inside my blackberry saved. I used it as my Drive for saving school related and work related data. I came back got on the car I felt a slight burn on my leg. I take out my BOLD and realized that it had not boot up. It was a good looking BRICK I went on blackberry website could not find their customer support number on their website I called AT&t, guess what. I live in Northern georgia next to Tenessee,they wanted mento drive all the way down to Atlanta to have it checked to make sure I didn't drop it in water what ever.I had my BOLD for a month and so much, I register a 0% on my project which was saved on my Blackberry, terrible customer support from my phone provider and sucky help from RIM and blackberry website. Now my BOLD isn't too bold is it? That is exactly why I am hating on RIM right now. It let me down when i truly depended on it, i was left without a phone the entire day, my next step is to busman iPhone which even with jailbreak it would not let me
    Down and a USB drive to save my assignments. I had fun with the blackberry but I think my ride in the roller coaster is done and I hope RIM can accomplish their goals and not crash the roller coaster with you'll in it, lol. Meanwhile, they've lost a customer who would brag daily about his blackberry.
    02-25-12 05:16 AM
    I posted this thread in the "off-topic" forum; the link will take you to an article that puts forum psychology into perspective.
    02-25-12 07:34 AM
    I guess disappointment brought hatred.. Love and hate is somewhat related. Only rimm can fix it.
    02-25-12 07:39 AM
    Ignore list is my friend.
    02-25-12 07:48 AM
    For me the hatred is merely a trickle down from advertising and marketing. Remember not that many years ago Apple users were regular computer users. Then the stupid marketing started and just about every commercial was VERSUS Windows. From then on it was downhill. Now they have created this church where you have to be in it 100%.

When I bought my MacBook Pro all my friends were welcoming me like it was a club and asking me when I was going to get rid of my Windows computers. They were confused and didn't know what to say when I said I wasn't Apple's marketing lit the fire all right and it's all just weird but for me, they are responsible.

This is different liking or loving a product. But there are no "Windows" fanbois. They are the first to tell you what they don't like about Windows. What they also are, like many others, are fed up of hearing the same old phrases trickling through the Apple church like how they invented everything and everybody copies them. So they react and in reacting are labelled as Windows fanboys, but a reaction to basleless snobbery is not the same as belonging to a church.

In addition, it really is in Google's, Microsoft's and Apple's interests to not see RIM flourish so again, much of the media bullcrap stems from them too. I can't believe anything I see in the general media nowadays. There are so many hidden contracts and $$$ exchanged that we aren't told about that affect what is written. Sky News in the UK obviously have a contract with Apple advertising mentioning the iPad every hour. And if I were Apple I'd make sure that any contract contains elements of exclusivity for a period of time.

All of this trickles down through society and people repeat what they hear and read. That's the source. People don't suddenly hate RIM/BlackBerry's out of thin air, it starts somewhere.

Sure RIM has those that won't criticise etc. But this is not in the same league as Apple's monster.

Finally we need to take some responsibility. ActionMaxx your BB failed and that 's a shame. But frankly if you have a document that important, you need to save it at least in two places. never, ever rely on one. Things fail, no product is immune, ever. I remember years ago when I used to work in tech support for a PC manufacturer and some guy called as his PC failed and he was saying he had all his accounts for his business on it. I asked if he backed it up and he said no... I wanted to ask, "Why not?!?!". Of course, it was easier for him to be angry at me rather than blame himself.

I certainly wish and hope that RIM kick up their marketing as is where it's at. Follow through with more great products and the all important support and they'll quickly shoot up there IMO.
    02-25-12 08:23 AM
    snip...In addition, it really is in Google's, Microsoft's and Apple's interests to not see RIM flourish so again, much of the media bullcrap stems from them too. I can't believe anything I see in the general media nowadays. There are so many hidden contracts and $$$ exchanged that we aren't told about that affect what is written. Sky News in the UK obviously have a contract with Apple advertising mentioning the iPad every hour. And if I were Apple I'd make sure that any contract contains elements of exclusivity for a period of time. ...snip
    Apple Joins Microsoft, RIM in $4.5 Billion Buy of Nortel Patents
    Google accuses Microsoft, Apple of banding together to destroy Android with patents (RIM is part of this)

ARSTechnica
    "It's not as if Google didn't bid on those same patents—Google made an opening bid on Nortel's patent portfolio at $900 million in July, only to be curb-stomped by the $4.5 billion bid made by the winning consortium of companies that includes Apple, Microsoft, and RIM. Nortel's portfolio includes patents on 3G and 4G wireless networking, optics, voice processing, semiconductors, and more, so it was certainly in all of the companies' best legal interests to acquire them as fast as possible."

It's also in RIM's interest not see Google flourish.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 02-25-12 at 08:49 AM.
    02-25-12 08:38 AM
    Certainly, I was referring more to a ganging up with your rival to push out the up and coming kid.
    02-25-12 08:40 AM
    Certainly, I was referring more to a ganging up with your rival to push out the up and coming kid.
    You can rationalize all you want. Doesn't make it a fact. RIM was part of the consortium to block Google. What goes around comes around. Can't cry new kid on the block when you are guilty of the same.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 02-25-12 at 08:53 AM.
    02-25-12 08:51 AM
    I swear I started a similar thread two days ago to have it closed within the 24hrs I was away from the Forums. A facebook status telling people not to call RIM dead ended being 44 comments long... With about 10 comments where Apple fanboys were defending lack of Flash support.

I'm absolutely exhausted with hearing RIM is a 'sinking ship' and 'dead'. Within the walls of CB and especially in real life. I don't wish Apple or Android death... because wishing death on your competition is just bad form!
    Morty2264 and DAnklaud like this.
    02-25-12 09:48 AM
    Oooh, here's my theory : its Microsoft. Here me out. Back when it was the hd dvd vs blu-ray war, Microsoft actually had alot of journalist in their back pocket and had hired people to basically search the Internet for anything that mentioned blu-ray and to bash it in the comments. Microsoft provided the underlying software to run and author hd dvd's so they had alot riding hd dvd winning. So what does that have to do with rim? Well fast forward to today, and once again, Microsoft is in a battle, this time in the mobile space. Adn they are in trouble of being irrelevant. Apple and Google are entrenched, and if RIM survives and holds on to third place, then Microsoft is in big trouble. So my theory is that Microsoft saw a weakened rim and decided to put in the same kind if campaign against rim since doing so again the other 2 would be futile at those point. If you look back for the past couple of months, not only do you see rim bashing but also several bloggers suddenly saying "gee, you know what? Windows Phone is actually pretty good, people need to give it a chance". It's all Microsoft's fault.
    02-25-12 10:54 AM
    Didn't you know? Hating on RIM is what all the cool kids do!
    02-25-12 12:21 PM
    The hatred against BB, is beyond me. People are probably just too hyped with iPhone and Android to realize that BlackBerry is actually an amazing smartphone.
    02-25-12 12:37 PM
    A great thread topic! I don't know what the big deal is about the smartphone war; and why people are hating RIM and BlackBerry. If someone dislikes a product or the company, then they have every right not to endorse it or support it; but that certainly doesn't mean that they should hope for its demise. I don't understand it: they're just phones! If they work for you and you like them, then that's great; but you shouldn't feel the need to ridicule companies and those who support them. Someone wrote a thread a few days ago about how people want RIM to fail; and how that is so rude, since thousands of people would lose their jobs if RIM were to go under. I completely agree! I don't think this should be a phone-racism thing! BlackBerry is a great product; and it's completely natural for a company or franchise's stocks to fluctuate from time to time. It doesn't mean they're going to phase out or that BlackBerry is bad - it just means that the economy is not a stable, static thing and that it will be changing according to its current health status. If someone prefers Androids (which are sexy) or iPhones (a cool and savvy phone) to a BlackBerry; then I am perfectly fine with that - it's their choice. But still, respect other's phone choices and don't hate the users or supporters.
    fernandez21 likes this.
    02-25-12 06:25 PM
    I swear I started a similar thread two days ago to have it closed within the 24hrs I was away from the Forums. A facebook status telling people not to call RIM dead ended being 44 comments long... With about 10 comments where Apple fanboys were defending lack of Flash support.

I'm absolutely exhausted with hearing RIM is a 'sinking ship' and 'dead'. Within the walls of CB and especially in real life. I don't wish Apple or Android death... because wishing death on your competition is just bad form!
    Hey! I read your thread and was definitely going to comment; but the thread had already closed. I agree with everything you said! Wishing the demise on a company is just cruel and fatalistic. If all those people lose their jobs, it would be horrible!
    02-25-12 06:31 PM
    Never seen brand hate ? One of the most famous brands that was dragged through the mud in North America for decades and still gets slammed - Ford.

For all we know cavemen hated on other cavemen for holding a different color rock. People can be stupid.
    02-25-12 06:51 PM
    Hey! I read your thread and was definitely going to comment; but the thread had already closed. I agree with everything you said! Wishing the demise on a company is just cruel and fatalistic. If all those people lose their jobs, it would be horrible!
    Especially for a company of RIM's magnitude to fail, it would mean larger economic impact on the country as a whole! A lot of tech mutual funds invest in RIM, and the effect will hurt more than just Waterloo and Ontario, it will hurt many people's CPP and RRSPs too.

From what I see so far, people who say RIM deserves to die because they haven't 1) innovated anything in years, 2) no one wants keyboard on phones, 3) don't give customers what they want. Really? First, they need to check facts before they say anything that may not be true. Second, to put into perspective, you don't wish capital punishment on anyone unless they've raped and killed. Even then, many people give them a chance to reform and rejoin society!

We're not asking people to praise BlackBerry or to denounce Apple... Don't treat RIM like a social leper. Just respect the competition, acknowledge what each can bring to the table, and accept that not everyone has the same needs/wants/tastes in technology.

LOL @Morty2264 I didn't realized it was closed till AFTER i wasted an hour trying to screenshot, put together and censor names in the whole FB feed to satisfy the nay-sayers. Maybe I should have skimmed the entire thread first.
    02-25-12 07:21 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD