RIM'S CEOS ARE OUT!
    01-22-12 08:40 PM
    Will this change anything?

RIM'S CEOS ARE OUT!
    Really? Is this confirmed?

P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-12 08:44 PM
    I hope the history will not repeat itself and we will not see another Touchpad. If the new leadership decides to significantly restructure the business, this may threaten the Playbook.

Btw, does any one know anything about Heins? What can we expect from him?
    Last edited by kennyliu; 01-22-12 at 08:49 PM.
    01-22-12 08:45 PM
    01-22-12 08:52 PM
    The new dude seems he isnt a big fan of being in the hardware bidness; fu$k!!!!
    I think this will come in stages. First, CEO change, the next steps for RIM and products. I would also expect to see a 20% - 25% increase in the stock's value this week if this article is true. Investors will see this a a move to restore confidence

They will either announce that they are supporting the PB or killing it's current iteration. If they are indeed still in talks with Goldman Sachs, then a merger/acquisition may still be on the table.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    what happened to the chick as a lock?
    01-22-12 09:00 PM
    "what happened to the chick as a lock? "

chairman or maybe woman

01-22-12 09:03 PM
    Globe Investor - The Globe and Mail

Heins likes the integrated platform when was asked if he think RIM should focus on SW. And he thinks most of the android hanset makers are struggling so he doesn't think android is the way for RIM to go.

Hopefully RIM won't drop QNX, I can totally see its potential through playbook. The billion dollar question is: how to attract brilliant app developers to this platform?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-12 09:05 PM
    Let me guess they found out 2.0 still wasn't ready,it's release is going to be furthered delayed!
    01-22-12 09:08 PM
    Looks like it's just hitting all the major sites/blogs now. I'd say it's confirmed.
    01-22-12 09:08 PM

Hopefully RIM won't drop QNX, I can totally see its potential through playbook. The billion dollar question is: how to attract brilliant app developers to this platform?
    get rid of all the legal hurdles a dev has to go thru to simply publish an app.

even friends working for rim say they are legal top heavy.
    01-22-12 09:13 PM
    nothing will change, but everything will change.

Alot of people seem to think that RIM was having technical problems and couldnt actually deploy qnx....but thier problem is and always has been a managerial one. two heads, two opinions, two different views......now that management has been altered, you will simply see a smoother execution of the same plan. They will continue with BB10 and PB, but now you'll have one man with a vision of where to take it all rather then two guys with two similar, but not exact visions.
    01-22-12 09:16 PM
    another essential and so far under reported fact is that Prem Watsa is on board as a director, and he is best described as the Canadian version of Warren Buffett, which means only good things will happen with RIM from here on
    01-22-12 09:20 PM
    lol, maybe he'll move to WP7....

Seriously, I wonder where Jim and Mike will end up? maybe create a new company of some kind? both are extremely smart dudes with tones of cash.
    mprice63 likes this.
    01-22-12 09:20 PM
    lol, maybe he'll move to WP7....

Seriously, I wonder where Jim and Mike will end up? maybe create a new company of some kind? both are extremely smart dudes with tones of cash.
    Maybe Jim will rebuff his attempt to relocate the Coyotes to Canada :P
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-22-12 09:26 PM
    IMHO, the two past co CEO still has a firm grips on RIM. They chose not to be ceo and rule RIM behind an iron curtain.

The new ceo is handpicked by them to do their errand. It is just a distraction and shadow to the shareholder.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    01-22-12 09:29 PM
    read the article. one has a new executive role in product design, the other remains on as a director. they aren't going far.
    01-22-12 09:37 PM
    See this at 6:45:

Meet Thorsten Heins the New President and CEO of Research In Motion - YouTube

Heins says OS 2.0 will be on time. Yay!
    azrin640 and Toodeurep like this.
    01-22-12 09:38 PM
    read the article. one has a new executive role in product design, the other remains on as a director. they aren't going far.
    Wake up, you go from CEO to some generic board member, don't think so...thats a way to transition the founder and a 20 year CEO out gracefully. Do you actually think they'll be board members long term?? These 2 are too proud to take that.
    01-22-12 09:49 PM
    They will be on the board and Balsillie will be a director, and Lazaridis a vice-chairman.
    01-22-12 09:53 PM
    can't see them leaving. they'll get invented executive posts like bill gates and his "chief software architect"
    01-22-12 09:56 PM
    Heins already shows he knows where the problems are:

"As part of the overhaul, Heins said he will also seek a new marketing chief for the company. Balsillie had taken over the those duties after RIM’s first marketing chief, Keith Pardy, left in March, less than two years after joining the company."

Source: RIM Replaces CEOs as it Struggles to Answer Apple - Bloomberg
    01-22-12 10:02 PM
    Well as someone who has long called for the ousting/step-down of the ineffective two ceo's; I am ecastic that someone is now in charge and I sincerely hope that this will bring about a change in the operation of RIM. I just hope that the Playbook will continue as well - if they drop it, I'll be disappointed.
    01-22-12 10:02 PM
    They (the two former co ceo) pick a nice scapegoat and a german at that. It's a win win situation.

If this guy made RIM better, they get more money. If this guy screw up, they will oust him and blame him.

At least when they oust him out in the future, they won't see him in Canada.
    01-22-12 10:04 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD