Hi folks;

I have been using my Motorola H700 Bluetooth headset for months without incident. A few days ago, it just stopped working. I can still pair it to the Blackberry, and I can hear callers and voice dial prompts, but no one can hear me, including the voice dial application. At first I assumed my headset had failed, so I borrowed an identical H700 I had purchased for my wife [who refuses to use it, but that's another story ] and it does the exact same thing.

My Blackberry is company owned, and they do push a mandatory policy to it, but nothing should have changed there, and it's been working fine up till now. I have also recently installed Yahoo Go and Google's Gmail.

If I remove it from my ear and literally scream into the mic, the voice dial application appears to hear me. Otherwise, nothing. I'll double check the headsets by trying them with my wife's phone later today, but wanted to check here for any thoughts as well.

Thanks for reading

John
    09-05-08 04:44 PM
    Both headsets did the exact same thing with my wife's Motorola Razor phone. I still find it hard to believe that 2 identical headsets would fail at essentially the same time, but that is what the evidence suggests.

Thanks for reading

John
    09-20-08 07:42 AM
    A little further searching uncovered this fix. Worked like a charm on both of my headsets. Since I cannot yet post URL's, you'll have to venture over to Fixya.com and search for something like "H700 - microphone not working" to get to the available solutions. Once there, look for the text that appears below and the corresponding pictorial link.

Many thanks to "Steyer" at Fixya.com for the excellent documentation.

John
    ================================================== ========

Ok here is the answer. There H700 have a small foam windscreen inside over the microphone that over time block the sound. The answer is to carefully open the unit and remove the obstruction and clean residue from the microphone and it will work like new. here is a link to pictures and instructions.
    09-20-08 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD