A new version of the popular leebo theme...

leeboUltraDock: Focus on what matters.

This theme is the product of years of absolute reliance upon (and, well, let's face it, addiction to) BlackBerry. The home screen presents crucial data at a glance, while showcasing your dazzling wallpaper.

How many of us rely on our BlackBerry as our handiest timepiece? The clock is large and easily visible, yet unobtrusively placed. Date is conveniently provided beside the time in the form of the dynamic calendar icon of OS6 and takes up a minimum of screen real estate.

The meter system is equally efficient and focused on providing users key information when needed, but staying out of the way otherwise. The battery meter is a large green dot at 100% and gradually decreases in size as the battery depletes. It is smallest at the 50% mark when it chages to yellow in color. As the battery level further decreases, the dot will again increase in size, now red, quickly alerting you to the current status (and need to find a charger to keep your chat sessions going). WiFi and cell signals are blue and white dots, respectively, which also decrease in size according to signal level.

Banners have been carefully designed to be consistent throughout the theme, so as to blend into the OS and feel completely natural.

Four hotspots are available on the homescreen: the Profiles icon (which can also be toggled using +/-); the time (clicking launches Clock); the meter area (clicking launches Manage Connections); and leebo's usual off-screen button, which allows users to completely remove icon highlights from the homescreen (clicking the offscreen button launches the first application in the app list). Navigation between these hotspots is left-right on the trackpad.

A weather icon sits under the time and can be toggled on and off with # and * hotkeys.

Unlike previous versions of leebo, this version uses hotkey shortcuts sparingly:

$ - SMS/MMS
    0 - Profiles (useful if you choose to hide the home screen icon)
    +/- Toggles for Profiles
    #/* Toggles for Weather (uses icon in 12th position on app list)

There is also a dock of 12 mini-icons that slides up with a downward-swipe of the trackpad, and tucks away again with an up-swipe. Considerable time and planning went into this dock and the swipe response is fluid with no worries of "overshooting" (users of themes with lots of hotspots know what that means).

The theme features OS7 icons throughout - and this is the only OS6 theme to also offer the OS7 homescreen folders.

Again using meticulous (ok, ok, obsessive) coding efficiencies, this theme weighs in at less than 340 kb, which means fast response times and no lag.

Please note, the screenshots below feature custom wallpapers not included in the theme itself.

Available on MobiHand and AppWorld. The 24-hour clock version (no am/pm) is available here.

***I am also working on an OS5 version of this theme.
    Last edited by wu-wei; 02-14-12 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Updated available versions
    ench18, andyahs, haovh_85 and 2 others like this.
    01-20-12 11:23 PM
    This theme is a "MUST HAVE"!
    01-21-12 12:46 AM

wu-wei and gamechino like this.
    01-21-12 01:00 AM
    I forgot to mention, with the release of this theme ALL of my premium themes are on sale for $2.99 until the end of February.

A reminder to those in, um, one of my BBM Groups: there IS NO February 30th.
    andyahs likes this.
    01-21-12 06:21 AM
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-21-12 06:33 AM

Fantastic theme! You have a wonderful talent and always give us so much with each theme. Thank you!!!
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-21-12 03:24 PM
    Click to view quoted image

Fantastic theme! You have a wonderful talent and always give us so much with each theme. Thank you!!!
    Thanks for the kind words jaydee. As I said in my write-up, I've gotten quite comfortable (or is it dependent?) on my BlackBerry. I know what I want/need and what can be tucked away without much consequence. One of the beauties of the BlackBerry platform is that users can customize so many different aspects of it. I certainly don't intend to force my usage habits on anyone, but it seems lots of folks like the same things I do.
    01-21-12 04:07 PM
    jaydee5799 and wu-wei like this.
    01-21-12 05:13 PM
    01-22-12 07:48 AM
    How do you get the signal meters off the bottom of the screen? I missed that.
    01-22-12 07:51 AM
    How do you get the signal meters off the bottom of the screen? I missed that.
    I don't have those Jaydee. They must be carrier specific.....
    01-22-12 09:06 AM
    I don't have those Jaydee. They must be carrier specific.....
    Oh ok. Thanks Andy! Was wondering why all you guys posting don't have them but I do???

Maybe a carrier thing then. Thanks!
    01-22-12 09:07 AM
    Oh ok. Thanks Andy! Was wondering why all you guys posting don't have them but I do???

Maybe a carrier thing then. Thanks!
    Sorry Jaydee those are GPS icons. Turn GPS off.

jaydee5799 and wu-wei like this.
    01-22-12 09:26 AM
    Wow Andy! Thanks I never realized what those were! I don't need GPS as I don't use any navigating software. Thanks!!!
    andyahs likes this.
    01-22-12 09:32 AM
    Wow Andy! Thanks I never realized what those were! I don't need GPS as I don't use any navigating software. Thanks!!!
    Now it's bugging me because I have GPS on and never have those icons even with location on and picking up satellites.
    01-22-12 09:42 AM
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-22-12 09:57 AM

I turned off GPS. I still have a symbol there...weird.
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-22-12 10:02 AM

I turned off GPS. I still have a symbol there...weird.
    Maybe a 9650 and or Verizon thing....
    01-22-12 10:09 AM
    yup. Oh well could be that I have E911 on? that's only other choice besides Device GPS.
    01-22-12 10:12 AM
    The GPS icon always showing is a CDMA thing. The GPS icon never showing is a GSM thing. At least that's my understanding. Quite difficult at times, especially as a theme builder.

Jaydee, do you like how the bottom icons slide up with the dock? I've only seen the Profiles icon slide (since I'm on a GSM carrier and see no GPS).
    01-22-12 12:12 PM
    The GPS icon always showing is a CDMA thing. The GPS icon never showing is a GSM thing. At least that's my understanding. Quite difficult at times, especially as a theme builder.
    So it is a Verizon thing....
    01-22-12 12:19 PM
    So it is a Verizon thing....
    As far as I know, yes. I could very well be wrong though. Happens a lot.
    01-22-12 12:45 PM

Jaydee, do you like how the bottom icons slide up with the dock? I've only seen the Profiles icon slide (since I'm on a GSM carrier and see no GPS).
    Thanks for the GPS CDMA thing. Dang VZW!!!

wu-wei: I LOVE the dock! I really enjoying using a dock from the hs and having this one slide up is great! very easy and smooth to slide it up and down. Well done!!
    01-22-12 12:48 PM
    Thanks for the GPS CDMA thing. Dang VZW!!!

wu-wei: I LOVE the dock! I really enjoying using a dock from the hs and having this one slide up is great! very easy and smooth to slide it up and down. Well done!!
    Glad it's working for you. I've done docks in the past with hotkeys, but I wanted the convenience of swiping. And with other hotspots on the home screen, it's a challenge because sometimes you can trigger a hotspot you don't mean to. So I did some extra things in this theme to help counteract that problem.

I'm particularly proud of the fact that I kept the file size down so low. I see way too many themes that are over 1 MB these days. A theme that size can really choke some devices.
    andyahs likes this.
    01-22-12 12:54 PM
    Yes! Too many themes at 1.2, 1.4 etc. You can only have so many installed at one time and the larger they are, the more they seem to choke the device memory.

I always liked docks with a swipe or a one button push. The combos of alt and whatever are so tedious that I never use them. This one is very easy and useful!
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-22-12 12:56 PM
107 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD