I only get around 255kbps which is the same as EDGE for me. (It says 3G in the upper right-hand corner).

What speeds are you getting on Simple Mobile with your BB?

I use the speedtest app for BB.
    01-20-12 03:54 PM
    I switched over a couple of months ago and the fastest that I can ever get with 5 bars of 3g is 119kbs. After doing some searching on the web, most users of simple mobile have reported low 3g speeds to which simple mobile responds that they provide "up to 3g speeds" to cover there butts with these slow speeds. I'm using a 9780, so I don't know how there 4g speeds are with the new torch or bold.
    stardomains likes this.
    01-21-12 02:42 PM
    Virgin Mobile in the U.S. uses the 8530.
    01-26-12 08:22 AM
    I only get around 255kbps which is the same as EDGE for me. (It says 3G in the upper right-hand corner).

What speeds are you getting on Simple Mobile with your BB?

I use the speedtest app for BB.
    i have the 9700 on simple mobile and yes its extremely slow. its has to be edge. it takes over 30 seconds to send sms/mms msgs and they fail alot and i have to resend. even with wifi enabled the browsing is extra slow. it can not compare to the uma wifi browsing speeds that kick in on t-mobile. i'm thinking about jumping back to tmobile on that walmart/t-mobile monthly 4g $30 100 minute unlimited data plan. the down side is that bis isnt available and they block tethering. i also have a galaxy tablet and i need mobile hotspot. it seems like i am being forced to android.
    Last edited by nastyboy2; 02-07-12 at 10:19 PM.
    02-07-12 10:15 PM
    i have the 9700 on simple mobile and yes its extremely slow. its has to be edge. it takes over 30 seconds to send sms/mms msgs and they fail alot and i have to resend. even with wifi enabled the browsing is extra slow. it can not compare to the uma wifi browsing speeds that kick in on t-mobile. i'm thinking about jumping back to tmobile on that walmart/t-mobile monthly 4g $30 100 minute unlimited data plan. the down side is that bis isnt available and they block tethering. i also have a galaxy tablet and i need mobile hotspot. it seems like i am being forced to android.
    *Update* although t-mobile's literature states that the $10 bis add-on is only available with the $50 and $70 monthly 4g plans, that is untrue. i have the $30 100 minute/unlimited data plan and it allowed me to add the bis plan at activation. as soon as i find a phone that has wireless tethering i will test it to see if mobile hotspot works with this plan.
    Last edited by nastyboy2; 02-13-12 at 01:22 PM.
    02-13-12 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD