Hi i don't know if anyone has brought this up, but what about using your PB to answer calls. Right now we can only use it to silence calls and see who is calling which is okay, but being able to answer calls and using PB as a speaker Bluetooth would be amazing. I can see people ditching their current phones and getting BB combos (BB&PB) just to have the ability to answer calls on their couch while playing cut rope and not running around looking for their left their phone. Everyone loves PB speakers, they are hands down the best on any tablet on the market, so why not give them more to do. I really hope RIM has plans to do this in the near future and by near i mean April it would be a great way to celebrate PB Bday .
    01-20-12 10:51 AM
    Rumors say you'll get a 3g Playbook in April...

7-inch BlackBerry PlayBook 3G and 10-inch model coming this year
    01-20-12 12:33 PM
    I believe there was suppose to be a similar feature on the HP TouchPad with a Pre3 but I'm not entirely sure.
    01-20-12 12:41 PM
    would be great as i have the windscreen holder for the car so would make it a hands free too
    01-20-12 01:11 PM
    Does this topic really matter??

In order for you to SEE the call coming in the PB must be bridged to a BB phone which is close-by. So, answer the phone.

Regarding the comment about a network PB, even if a network-PB is available:

(1) you already likely have an existing PB and will not get another solely for purposes of network.
    (2) your BB's data plan is all you need to get internet, email and phone access and not have to pay for another plan too.
    Last edited by mandony; 01-20-12 at 01:58 PM.
    byul, saudadeii and rjedge54 like this.
    01-20-12 01:55 PM
    Isabelle any s'il phone apps or tweak that we can install or code on the phone?

Thanks

Cyberic
    01-20-12 02:47 PM

In order for you to SEE the call coming in the PB must be bridged to a BB phone which is close-by. So, answer the phone.
    [I].
    Why it matters is because i like the playbook and i want it to be successful and to do that it should do something that others dont, and people want. it seems like an easy feature to create since we have bridge. Also my bridge works in 30 feet radius so i often have my phone on the second floor while i m on the first
    black hole and bmw328i like this.
    01-20-12 11:59 PM

Regarding the comment about a network PB, even if a network-PB is available:

(1) you already likely have an existing PB and will not get another solely for purposes of network.
    (2) your BB's data plan is all you need to get internet, email and phone access and not have to pay for another plan too.
    It does matter. I normally use my playbook at home in one room while my phone sits in another. I could get up to answer the phone, but by your logic why would I want to use bridge email? Why not just deal with it on my phone? BT handsfree would be an awesome addition to the PB when paired with ANY phone since it's a simple, standardized BT protocol.
    angel_esq and eugadude like this.
    01-21-12 12:19 AM
    Would having a rooted playbook give you ability to create this feature?
    01-21-12 01:48 PM
    Would having a rooted playbook give you ability to create this feature?
    Unlikely. Rooting hasn't changed the requirement for the OS to be signed by RIM, so a low level change like that is unlikely to work. It's not something an app can just do.
    01-21-12 02:01 PM

I get lousy cell coverage in my basement office. I tend to leave the phone lying on a table upstairs where it can get the signal. When it rings, I either need to notice it via the Bridge notification, or hear it ringing which I can only if I remembered to put it on "Loud".

I'd be more than happy to have the ability to answer the call on my PlayBook which is, of course, sitting down here right next to me.
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    01-21-12 02:13 PM
    that would be definitely a plus! work on it quick RIM!
    01-21-12 03:26 PM
    that would be definitely a plus! work on it quick RIM!
    That is pretty funny - addressed to quick acting RIM! OS4 coming soon to a pb in 2015!
    01-21-12 04:48 PM
    That is pretty funny - addressed to quick acting RIM! OS4 coming soon to a pb in 2015!
    ROFL
    but
    unfortunately true
    01-21-12 06:15 PM
    I love the fact that when I'm on my PB it will not ring ! Doc Neutron
    01-22-12 09:46 AM
    That would be sweet to be able to answer a phone call on my PB.
    I am not a tech guy but since the playbook already has bluetooth and speakers would making this happen really be that difficult for RIM or maybe a dev could make an app for it.
    We already have apps like Comwave ephone to make phone calls from the PB over wifi so I am sure it is possible.
    Yes my BB is already close by but if I had the choice to answer a phone call on the PB I would prefer it. If this was done I would definitely get a car mount for the PB and use it as my bluetooth handsfree.
    I know this has been discussed on the forums before but is the gps is on the PB good enough to use i the car? If it was then that feature plus being able to answer phone calls on the PB would be awesome and actually open up a whole new market for potential tablets buyers. Why buy a independent gps or separate blue tooth device to answer phone calls hands free when you can do it all on the tablet.
    01-22-12 10:32 AM
    I know this has been discussed on the forums before but is the gps is on the PB good enough to use i the car? If it was then that feature plus being able to answer phone calls on the PB would be awesome and actually open up a whole new market for potential tablets buyers. Why buy a independent gps or separate blue tooth device to answer phone calls hands free when you can do it all on the tablet.
    The GPS is perfectly good for use in a car, and I use it there often.

Devs couldn't yet make any app to do the phone call thing though... that has to come from RIM, either built-in or with new features to let devs do it.
    craigs likes this.
    01-22-12 10:40 AM
    Seems clear to me RIM is moving in this direction, why else would they even have that pop up? Is A2DP needed for that and at last devcon the QNX Car exhibiter said the same audio ability was going to be part of OS 2.0 and they did have a call being routed through a PlayBook and into the car audio system. Man this update could be killer.
    02-05-12 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD