I called orange to get a bold as today was my 9th month and i was told that as i was at their top band use and my bills were high i could get a phone from them. I used to upgrade every 6 months with orange and was told 3 months ago that this had changed and was now every 9 months.

i called them today after speaking to about 5 different customer service personal at orange over the past 3 months seeing if the upgrade procedure had change, they all said no, its on the 9th month.

I called today and spoke to one of the upgrade team after waiting 30 minutes on the phone to be told that it is now on the 12 month of a 18 month contract, i then asked if i call in january will i be told that it will be on the 15th month, the guy laughed!

So i spoke to the tarriff section and have lowered my tarriff and will be telling them to poke their contract where the sun doesnt shine!! come October.

I called around different networks and spoke to Vodafone who have offered me 1500 minutes, unlimited text, email and internet for �40 a month. I was paying �20 more on orange!

So now i shall be the proud owner of a Bold come monday morning and with a network who looks after their customers and not lie.

Just thought i'd let you guys know if your considering who to go for with the Bold in the UK now that vodafone have launched it. Ive got the girls name and ext if anyone else wants a good deal on vodafone for a Bold
    09-05-08 02:17 PM
    is this on an 18 month tariff? I've been offered 900 mins, 1500 texts and BB for �37 on Orange on a 12 month contract, closest to that was 3 with 750 mins and unlimited texts....
    09-06-08 04:19 AM
    So now i shall be the proud owner of a Bold come monday morning and with a network who looks after their customers and not lie.
    Good luck mate!!!

I left Vodafone in May of this year after ten years of having 2 contracts with them as they messed me around with lies, lies, lies from their retentions department for 3 months and couldn't match what I wanted elsewhere!

The grass isn't always greener mate, in fact from my experience its pretty much the same no matter which operator you choose! IMO!
    09-06-08 05:08 AM
    Yea it is an 18 month contract, but no one else could get close to it, so that why ive gone with vodafone!
    09-06-08 05:10 AM
    Cheers nanu, but they offered me a wicked deal and im saving �20 a month on vodafone!!!
    09-06-08 05:11 AM
    i got an email asking who i spoke to at vodafone, the girl extension was 59692 first call 08080044423, my mate got a bold with 600 minutes, unlimited date and text for �35 a month. both of us got free data bundle added too!
    sorry didnt send the email back but deleted when i clicked on the link and computer crashed!
    09-28-08 01:04 PM
    Is the Blackberry Bold available on Vodafone?
    I'm not a business but I'd like to get it somewhere other than Orange.
    10-11-08 11:30 AM
    I just checked vf website and they're listed on the consumer side just remember it's an extra �5 on top of the line rental.
    10-12-08 07:31 AM
    Is the Blackberry Bold available on Vodafone?
    I'm not a business but I'd like to get it somewhere other than Orange.
    Yea it is available on Vodafone, remember when you call to say you have been offered a better deal by another service provider and vodafone will try and match it, i got 1500 minutes, unlimited data and text for �40. my mate got 600 minutes, unlimited text and data, they even threw in free insurance for him!!

It helps when you speak to them direct!!
    10-12-08 10:53 AM
    Orange staff are always hit or miss, politely ask thier name & extention before you proceed just say you always take notes for your own records, you will then get minimal bull****....
    10-12-08 06:25 PM
    can anyone help, i am having a nightmare with cs at orange, they have extended my contract date without my knowledge and refuse to allow my to upgrade the same time as my wife. also a few months ago they transfered my account to my mums account ( she was mis sold the "your group" product in a store when buying her new phone) without my knowledge and it took me 3 months to get it sorted ( don't get me wrong i didn't mind her paying my bills but as i am 30 i think i can do it myself)
    they are now refusing to allow me to upgrade or even talk to me about the account transfer.

what is the best course of action
    12-07-08 09:29 AM
    I must echo the comments about Orange here - i topped up a PAYG sim yesterday, "so i can use it with my BB" i told the fella on the other end of the phone.

Today, after a day of trying to get it to connect to the net, i'm told by Orange CS that BBs don't work with Orange PAYG sims. Anyone want an Orange sim with �10.26 credit on it, going cheap.....
    12-08-08 10:06 PM
    Don't know if this number is already around but this is the number for orange executive office! They are the only people that seem to be able to deal with anything. 0870 870 0862. Just to mention they really don't like being called direct instead of the normal cs team

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 04:42 AM
    Just an update I called the above number and within an hour they called back and offered me a free upgrade to the 8900 which will be out on the 15th of this month!

12-09-08 05:49 AM
    Wow this thread was helpful! I think when I head to London ill get VF if available!!

12-18-08 12:23 AM
    BB doesn't work on PAYG sim?
    It's fine for me for calls and SMS. I connect to net over home wifi on PAYG Orange sim but have yet to make it work properly at a hotspot like McDonalds or Starbucks, due to IP/DNS issues, which I am trying to sort.

Do we Orange people need a special Orange Blackberry sim? I have heard rumours...
    01-12-09 02:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD