everything on the forum about buyer's remorse was pretty old, so i started another thread...i'd like to see if anyone knows if i can dump an entire new phone & plan combo under "buyer's remorse."

i upgraded from a messaging phone & plan to a smartphone and plan. i'm displeased for a number of reasons, so i want to go back to my messaging phone/plan.

i'm still within 30 days of the new contract start date, but a quick answer would be appreciated.
    01-18-12 10:39 PM
    I'm sure that you can. Granted, I don't know for sure, but I'd be surprised if that 30 period doesn't apply to existing customers.
    augidog likes this.
    01-18-12 10:47 PM
    AT&T offers customers a 30 day trial period of the AT&T network. You can cancel anytime within the 30 days. Cancellations after 3 days are liable for any usage charges and activation fees. Wireless handsets must be returned to the original point of purchase.
    Does that answer your question?
    augidog likes this.
    01-18-12 10:48 PM
    sort of...except i've yet to learn if i'm gonna be able to apply this (as an existing customer) to an upgrade & new contract.

i do not look forward to making this CS call in the morning, it's either going to go real smooth or be a real nightmare.

"thanks" all 'round for quick replies
    Last edited by augidog; 01-18-12 at 11:26 PM.
    01-18-12 11:20 PM
    I'd go in person and not do it by phone, just go in and explain how and why and etc... as long as you're within the 30 days you should be fine
    augidog likes this.
    01-19-12 02:42 AM
    everything on the forum about buyer's remorse was pretty old, so i started another thread...i'd like to see if anyone knows if i can dump an entire new phone & plan combo under "buyer's remorse."

i upgraded from a messaging phone & plan to a smartphone and plan. i'm displeased for a number of reasons, so i want to go back to my messaging phone/plan.

i'm still within 30 days of the new contract start date, but a quick answer would be appreciated.
    That might depend on the old plan. If it was a grandfathered unlimited plan, you might be hard pressed to get it back.

It has been my experience to call and ask. If they can't/won't help you, call back. If that still doesn't work, ask to speak to a supervisor.
    augidog likes this.
    01-19-12 12:13 PM
    thanks everyone...i get the gist that it's doable.

i have barely enough time to see how the new new data plans rock out, and i'm poised to downgrade to my old messaging plan...but i don't mind sayin' i really want to keep this 9810, tho it may get too costly to meet even my minimum needs.

since i travel (in short hops) as a lifestyle, whatever device & services i have is my only infrastructure. since budget is a real factor, i can't keep having my bottom line (unexpectedly) reduced a nickel here a nickel there.
    Last edited by augidog; 01-19-12 at 12:40 PM.
    01-19-12 12:35 PM
    i just got off of a 611 call, and yes i have until my next due-date to drop this phone & plan. but t-mobile doesn't cover my rural area, so i'm stuck.

ok, here's the plan. i really like the 9810 a lot...so i'm keeping it and minimalizing my services until i'm on the move next summer. when i get within range of wireless competition i'll pay the ETF and "good riddance" is what i say.

then i'll be able to cut this very groovy blackberry loose and enjoy everything it has to offer.
    Last edited by augidog; 01-23-12 at 06:09 PM.
    01-23-12 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD