I bought a used Torch 9810, no signs of water damage on the indicators.

The weird glitch that's happening every so often (every time I restart it, or sometimes not even when I restart it) is: On the main page it looks like someone is flicking to the right over and over again. So on the top it goes from saying All, Frequent, Downloads, Media, Favourites. If I'm in blackberry appworld it will scroll to the description, then reviews, then screenshots and over again...

Is this a hardware issue or a software issue? If it's software I'll just reset it, but I mean if it's a hardware issue I'm going to return it to the seller.

It is a used phone in great condition, everything else seems to be working fine. Is there some sort of test I should put the phone through?
    01-18-12 06:24 PM
    Sounds like a screen problem that may have come from being dropped. Does it have a screen protector or case that may affect the screen?
    01-18-12 07:00 PM
    Seems like a screen issue, you may wanna have it replaced.
    01-18-12 07:30 PM
    Ok I've been messing around with the phone a bit more an manipulating things. What it seems to be is the trackpad is moving the 'pointer' when it's on a website or anything you would use the trackpad as a pointer, anything that you can flick to the lieft/right it flicks it fast.

Is this the trackpad that's the issue? Also, either way, this is a hardware issue right?

Oh, and it does not have a screen protector, it did have a case on it but I have removed it now.
    01-18-12 08:14 PM
    I've been looking up the price of a new track-pad, it seems to be around $10 so not a big deal. But what I'm wondering is; does anybody know how much it would be to pay for someone to fix it? I don't want to void the warranty if there is one...

Actually... This was purchased by someone else on Oct. 24th, 2011. Would there still be a warranty? And does it cover defective track-pads?

Here is a video of exactly what's happening
    Last edited by ChrisBB2011; 01-19-12 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Youtube video
    01-19-12 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD