I've had this device now for a week and have 0 complaints. I find the battery life to be very good. Mind you all I do is call, text, check the weather and my sports aps. I came to the 9790 from an Iphone over the 9900 because of price and the smaller size. Its marvelous, a great camera and for a 1ghz processor its rather quick. Though smaller and not quite as in your face and luxurious as the 9900...i think it does the job perfectly fine and still provides that classy look that blackberry's come with.
    01-18-12 03:44 PM
    I've had this device now for a week and have 0 complaints. I find the battery life to be very good. Mind you all I do is call, text, check the weather and my sports aps. I came to the 9790 from an Iphone over the 9900 because of price and the smaller size. Its marvelous, a great camera and for a 1ghz processor its rather quick. Though smaller and not quite as in your face and luxurious as the 9900...i think it does the job perfectly fine and still provides that classy look that blackberry's come with.
    im curious to know how long your battery lasts ?
    01-18-12 03:49 PM
    Happy that many people are enjoying their 9790s. Its super compact phone to get the job done.
    The only con for me is that the touchscreen seems to be too small for use.
    01-18-12 11:33 PM
    my battery easily last me a full day without going down to half...very pleased.
    01-23-12 02:35 PM
    i want it bad!!! no where in the USA yet ((

I had the 9930 and miss the size of my 9780...have an iphone 4s now and its cool but for typing its hard to fly like on a BB...
    01-23-12 02:41 PM
    just got my 9790 - coming from 9900.

1. Battery life - very good so far ..
    2. Keyboard - missing the 9900's keyboard - but it could b cause i got it just yesterday and the cold weather is making my fingers numb ... i'm sure i'll get over it.
    3. USB port at the bottom - very good thinking ..
    4. Feels excellent when u hold it - very small & pocketable..
    5. Top "lock" button - i find it easier to press as compared to 9900 which i found a bit too large.
    6. Maybe its just me, but i find all apps installing faster than they did on 9900.
    7. Camera - haven't tried it yet.
    8. Holster - When i switched to 9900 i had trouble finding a holster case with sleeper function. Some of Bold 9000 or even Curve's holsters were ok for the size but the sleeper wouldn't work. Happy that i can use my 9780 holster - very slightly big but the sleeper works fine.

Just a thought (since this thread is about thoughts ..) - would b nice if RIM went with 2 or 3 models and tried to keep the ports in the same location. With every device the USB port is a different location and u need completely fresh set of accessories. I'm sure they must b having their reasons. Personally i love the USB port being at the bottom. How about the earphone jack being on the top, like the iPhone...

Overall a brilliant piece of work. Hats off to RIM and thank u for giving us such wonderful communication devices ...
    mauricio123 likes this.
    01-25-12 03:45 AM
    I've had my 9790 for a week myself, my previous phone was a samsung galaxy s, and I must admit, I'm loving it and dont miss the galaxy one bit, typing is so much easier, the phone is lovely and compact, I love all the features it has to offer. I thought that it would take me a while to get used to the typing on the bb, but its so easy and smooth with the keypad. The camera is much better, especially as it has a flash, in comparison with the galaxy s. Overall I think the phone is perfect and very user friendly, even if your coming from a full touch screen devicem my rating of the bold 9790 is 10 out of 10

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    02-07-12 05:37 AM
    Hi everyone!

I've been through a fair few phones this last year: Bold 9900, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Nokia N9, Nokia E7, HTC Titan, Sony Xperia Pro and a few others. I get bored pretty easily.

My experience with the Bold 9900 was great but the battery life was pretty poor. I was lucky if i got 2/3 of a day out of the battery. I ended up investing in a second battery and external charger and then gave up all together.

I loved the google phones but missed the qwerty keypad form factor of the blackberry and the nokia E7 was an amazing phone but the OS was really laggy (they've now addressed that i think)

I've had my bold 9790 for about 2 weeks from expansys and bought a blackberry playbook 64gb as well as they were on offer at a really good price. I have to say i havent been disappointed with either.

I think 9790 is a much better size compared to 9900 (i have large hands!!)
    Keyboard is by far the best i have typed on. A little smaller but easy to get used to.

The screen is very responsive and being able to manage the number of panels is a boon.
    Realistically you really only need 3: Home, Favorites & Media
    Minimum brightness is actually still very bright. I have mine set to 10%

Signal strength is awesome. My 9900 & Storm could never hold BIS at work.
    Call quality is very clear on both ends of the line (A first for me with any phone)

My battery life has been the most satisfying experience. I'm always confused as to why people running similar apps & settings can have varying battery lives. I've had battery issues with previous phones. I have no problems charging each night but i do expect to have at least 40% left before i go to bed (Bold 9900 ahem... more like 40% of my second battery thru the day). For the first time i have a phone where the battery life is its strongest point along with signal quality. for example today:
    I normally take my dog for 2 walks totally 3 hrs a day (music on)
    I browse the web for probably 20-30 mins via bluetooth and playbook bridge
    I have bluetooth on for 2 hours for my journey to and from work each day.
    My wifi is constantly on thru the day at work and then at home.
    My phone comes of charge at 4:30am and goes back on charge at 11:30pm
    I finish the day with 60% battery remaining!!!
    I've managed to go almost 3 days without charging before it died using it for the basics only.

GPS lock is pretty fast. Actually finds me in my home which is a first (no wifi connected)
    Google latitude works a treat too. Had to download telmap navigator betafor uk navigation but works very well.

The only downside i have probably come across is the number of apps available for the phone at present. I'm not really interested in games but apps like uk banking apps and an amex app are a little sparse but hopefully that will be rectified in the future.

The browser experience on the small screen isnt the greatest but then again that's why we have a playbook and blackberry bridge. I actually appreciate having no contacts on the playbook as all my email is synced via my phone and i wouldn't want my work emails on my playbook if it ever went missing. The only thing i suppose needs to be addressed is the speed of the connection between phone and the playbook. The playbook connection is faster over wifi than bluetooth. Roll on OS 7.1 if it ever comes.

It is by far one of the best phones i have owned so far. Strangely enough the other phone that comes to mind was the Nokia E71 which was another amazing phone for it time.

BBMak and sbx9900 like this.
    02-07-12 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD