Hi All

I have been having an issue with my blackberry and have tried everything to resolve it but wiping it and reinstalling the OS. The Issue was that when I upgraded to the new blackberry messenger the icon no longer appeared.

I want to install a more up to date version of the OS but I am very worried it could end up leaving me with nothing. I have read all these horror stories. Does anyone have and tips for me that will make me feel better when I do this. I know exactly what to do I am just afraid.

Dont want to be left with no phone at all.

Thanks in advance
    01-17-12 07:19 PM
    I had issues with my OS, my 9800 felt too laggy after I downloaded a bad app.

I reinstalled the OS and it was excellent. After the re-install the phone was great...much smoother operation

Re-installing the OS is extremely easy, don't worry at all about doing it
    01-17-12 10:01 PM
    I got the 9800 in summer '10 and installed every leaked OS that came out. Prior to getting my 9800 I had never installed an OS (other than official carrier OTA upgrades), and was pretty nervous at first because it was a company phone. I won't say I never had a problem, but it was rare when I did. Sometimes the problem was related to installation of an app, not an OS install. But even on the rare occasions when I thought I bricked my BB the info on CB allowed me to recover on my own.

In all my leaked OS installs, I think there was only one time I didn't see improvement over my previous OS - I think that was going from .448 to .450 and it was easy to roll back. In the unlikely event you do run into problems (very unlikely), you can always follow this to get back up:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

I understand your concern, but if you run into problems you can't work through CB members will gladly walk you through the recovery whether you are installing a new OS or simply wiping/restoring. IMO, CB is the best reason to own a BB.
    Lyls likes this.
    01-18-12 04:12 AM
    Thanks everyone for your help. I wipe the blackberry and upgraded the OS and all is working very nicely now I got BBM back but it's 5.01 but considering the lateset one is soo buggy i will wait to upgrade again.

Thanks again
    01-18-12 04:30 PM
    Good to know!
    01-18-12 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD