I used to be able to easily do this on my blackberry.
    I don't know if I need to but I don't want to have to reformat any of my music (it is all in mp3 format).
    I plug my phone into my computer though and it doesn't seem to even recognize I am plugging a device into it at all.
    If I can get it to do that I want my music on my memory card so that I can play it but also use it as ring tones and alarm settings.
    Any help I can get I'd really appreciate. I've had this phone since Nov. and have not had time to figure this out.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by sreneel77; 01-17-12 at 03:23 PM.
    01-17-12 03:16 PM
    download samsung kies and see what happens then
    when i was toying with android, i had to download samsung kies to get the drivers.
    01-17-12 03:38 PM
    Ya...sounds like you haven't gotten the drivers to install properly on the computer if it's not even recognizing it when you plug it in.

Here's a link that might help:

Android Phone Driver, Google Android Devices, Android apps, Samsung Android Driver, HTC: Samsung galaxy s2 usb driver for your android phone.
    01-17-12 03:48 PM
    Your phone doesnt say "connect usb storage" when you plug it into the computer?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk
    01-17-12 03:50 PM
    Your phone doesnt say "connect usb storage" when you plug it into the computer?

No, I forogt to mention that, it does not show that, because I was used to seeing that as well on my BB.
    01-17-12 03:55 PM
    Ya...sounds like you haven't gotten the drivers to install properly on the computer if it's not even recognizing it when you plug it in.

Here's a link that might help:

Android Phone Driver, Google Android Devices, Android apps, Samsung Android Driver, HTC: Samsung galaxy s2 usb driver for your android phone.
    Shouldn't the phone come with that automatically?

I'll check that out.

Thanks.
    01-17-12 03:56 PM
    Yea, sounds like you need the drivers

01-17-12 03:56 PM
    download samsung kies and see what happens then
    when i was toying with android, i had to download samsung kies to get the drivers.
    Is that an app? I can't find anything in the market called samsung kies. I have something already on my phone called kies air. Must have come preloaded cause I didn't download it.
    01-17-12 03:59 PM

I'll check that out.

Thanks.
    Depends on phone, and host computer being used

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    01-17-12 04:09 PM

I'll check that out.

Thanks.
    It should, but sometimes they don't install properly. I just picked up a Galaxy Nexus, and I ended up having to install some generic drivers to get my computer to recognize it. I hate when that happens, but i've had to do that with printers and other hardware as well.
    01-17-12 04:44 PM
    Kies for PC download link for T-MOBILE, select Sprint and your model number and you are good to go...

Samsung
    01-17-12 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD