Samsung is simply going to suck away the patents then dump the BlackBerry brand. It's going to be exactly like what happened to Palm.

Fight this acquisition! Post here if you are against it!
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-17-12 02:46 PM
    Wow!! Relax. It's just a rumour.
    01-17-12 02:48 PM
    Don't worry, I hear Ford Motor company is interested in Buying RIM, sort of a Stock swap exchange for controlling interest in RIM
    01-17-12 03:30 PM
    I think there is some counter-espionage going on at RIM. They figured out the BGR's mole and are now feeding the mole absurd information to make BGR look sillier than usual.

BGR's spy is now a double agent.
    01-17-12 03:33 PM
    Don't worry, I hear Ford Motor company is interested in Buying RIM, sort of a Stock swap exchange for controlling interest in RIM
    That one sounds better to me, as a customer. However, I'm saying that without any real details and only a broad thought about the 2.
    01-17-12 03:35 PM
    LOL at Ford. Why not Purina, Corrections Corp of America, or Southwest Airlines if we are going to pick random companies as acquirer?

At the right price, it would make sense for Samsung to grab the IP, stuff it in their portfolio, and slap "Blackberry" on emerging market feature phones to differentiate them from Nokia, etc.
    01-17-12 04:19 PM
    I heard from a "reliable " source that McDonalds was interested in RIM.........NOT
    01-17-12 04:30 PM
    I'd like to think they saw the power of QNX and want it to differentiate themselves from the Android Borg. I hope RIM stays independent.
    01-17-12 04:43 PM
    Resistance is futile. There is only Android!!
    01-17-12 04:48 PM
    You can't fight fate.
    01-17-12 05:02 PM
    A sale non the less will occur, RIM cannot survive with the current two CEO's running it.
    01-17-12 05:06 PM
    I heard from a "reliable " source that McDonalds was interested in RIM.........NOT
    And they'll bring back the Value menu just for Blackberries? <he said, ducking>
    01-17-12 06:19 PM
    Samsung is simply going to suck away the patents then dump the BlackBerry brand. It's going to be exactly like what happened to Palm.

Fight this acquisition! Post here if you are against it!
    First, there's already a denial by Samsung. Second, who's going to suck away whose patents. Samsung has more that could benefit RIM than vice versa. Third, Samsung has a lot more phone/tablet savvy than HP. HP didn't think about what they were getting into.
    01-17-12 06:23 PM
    I'm pretty sure the talk was just about Samsung making a Phone for BB10.
    01-17-12 06:24 PM
    Someone needs to watch the first wallstreet movie......
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-17-12 06:42 PM
    BGR's source has RIM has been dead on if you look at their record...
    01-17-12 07:35 PM
    I'm against all buy out! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-12 07:36 PM
    First, there's already a denial by Samsung. Second, who's going to suck away whose patents. Samsung has more that could benefit RIM than vice versa. Third, Samsung has a lot more phone/tablet savvy than HP. HP didn't think about what they were getting into.
    This just isn't true. Blackberrys has a lot of features that any phone would benefit from it.
    Let's talk about menus for a second. It doesn't really seem like a menu is a big deal. Menus make devices a lot easier to navagate. Rim has several useful menus. To start, the hover menu is second to none. Its easy to use and list just the major functions and has the option of a full menu. No matter where your at you can press the blackberry button and use the menu with a list of options. The menu options in the call list is very useful.

p

01-17-12 08:21 PM
    A sale non the less will occur, RIM cannot survive with the current two CEO's running it.
    There is a chance they could get kicked out of their chairman positions come the end of the month.
    01-17-12 10:31 PM
    This just isn't true. Blackberrys has a lot of features that any phone would benefit from it.
    Let's talk about menus for a second. It doesn't really seem like a menu is a big deal. Menus make devices a lot easier to navagate. Rim has several useful menus. To start, the hover menu is second to none. Its easy to use and list just the major functions and has the option of a full menu. No matter where your at you can press the blackberry button and use the menu with a list of options. The menu options in the call list is very useful.

p

True. And they'd look dandy on Samsung's patented Super Amoled screen.
    01-18-12 01:22 AM
    I happen to think that this buyout, rumor or not, makes total sense. After all, RIM is trying to port Android into their ecosystem but it will always have its limitations (from what I have seen and read).

Samsung is probably the biggest Android smartphone maker at the moment, I own both a Galaxy Nexus and a Bold 9900. I carry both devices but I have to admit, I only use my Bold for BBM. If Samsung can incorporate BBM into their devices that would be awesome. Except of course, when BBM ceases to be popular...
    01-18-12 02:05 AM
    Not to worry... Samsung already released an official retort saying they are not interested.

What decent, respectable company would be? Until rim ousts those worthless ... gentlemen.... running the company into the ground, it will be an albatross around the parent company's neck.
    01-18-12 01:29 PM
    True. And they'd look dandy on Samsung's patented Super Amoled screen.
    There's no doubt. My daughters galazy s2 phone has a killer screen. Things looks sharp as a razor. I could stand for my 9860's calander to look like the galazy s2's.
    Working in android getsso tiresome haveing to go somewhere else just to do something right here. Don't get me wrong I totally get the whole little menu up top type of deal. Just doesn't do it for me and doesn't have the needed options at hand.

01-18-12 05:25 PM
    I don't care for super duper amoled led quatro triniton lcd screens. I'd rather have a beeper that lasts all day than some pretty Samsung device that lasts until lunch.
    Choice is always good. Oppose any buyout!
    01-18-12 05:48 PM
    There's no doubt. My daughters galazy s2 phone has a killer screen. Things looks sharp as a razor. I could stand for my 9860's calander to look like the galazy s2's.
    Working in android getsso tiresome haveing to go somewhere else just to do something right here. Don't get me wrong I totally get the whole little menu up top type of deal. Just doesn't do it for me and doesn't have the needed options at hand.

I'm quite happy with my liquid graphics on the Torch2, might like a larger screen (which might get me a slider with a Bold kb). My point wasn't so much the screen as that the Super Amoled screen has been a big selling point for both the S2 and the Note (which happens to get longer battery life than most present BBs). Consumers are tuned to high res screens. The person I responded to was worried that Samsung would plunder and pillage all of RIM's patents, then leave RIM hanging out to dry. Certainly any combination of companies where the purchased company has useful patents is going to be useful to the buyer. But the idea that Samsung needed to buy RIM to rape it of its intellectual property is absurd.

And we still have panicked anti-merger clamor after Samsung has publicly denied any interest. Of course, this whole upset started from a BGR story. The same BGR that many here berated several days ago as being totally innaccurate. I don't have the time or the inclination to compare the two threads. But I wonder how many were anti-BGR in that thread and now anti-Samsung in this one based on BGR info. Just sayin'....
    01-18-12 06:41 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD