Dingleberry jailbreak has new db3.0

So what's new with 3.0? Any new instructions?
    01-16-12 04:23 PM
    01-16-12 04:24 PM
    Thanks xsacha and the rest of the bnxtreme devs on thks. I appreciate it! I have a question, or more a request for advice. I had been toying with doing a security wipe to stable things out on my Playbook. In doing that, I would lose root, android apps i had already downloaded, and then have to go through the downgrade/root/market install again and then re-download all my market apps.

First, is that a ton of work for nothing you think? Second, is it possible to back up those market apps at all? I guess just saving the .apk files and then after rooting, copy those over?
    01-16-12 04:37 PM
    Can U dingle after you've dingled? That is... if you've already dingled and have root can you just dingle again or do you have to start with a clean wipe? I'd really like to get hulu. So maybe you can do that independent if you've already dingled
    01-16-12 04:38 PM
    Can U dingle after you've dingled? That is... if you've already dingled and have root can you just dingle again or do you have to start with a clean wipe? I'd really like to get hulu. So maybe you can do that independent if you've already dingled
    You can dingle again and it will re-dingle you with Huluberry and all the new features. It makes sure not to double up on things you already have so you won't screw anything up.
    Go ahead

First, is that a ton of work for nothing you think? Second, is it possible to back up those market apps at all? I guess just saving the .apk files and then after rooting, copy those over?
    Downgrading and re-rooting is very easy in 3.0. Installing Android Market will be the only effort needed.
    That said, I don't think wiping will fix the source of your instability. If it's just a general instability it may be better to use 1.08. If it's instability with Android, try wiping Android appdata and reinstalling Android (this will not remove any apps!).
    Last edited by xsacha; 01-16-12 at 04:43 PM.
    01-16-12 04:40 PM
    " Can U dingle after you've dingled? "
    LMAO.
    Sorry that sounds so funny. Good question though.
    gschep and digitallure like this.
    01-16-12 04:41 PM
    Another question - After all is said and done, we can upgrade back to the newer 2.0 without losing the root right ?
    01-16-12 04:43 PM
    Another question - After all is said and done, we can upgrade back to the newer 2.0 without losing the root right ?
    Root is permanent and will be maintained throughout all firmware (even the latest 6xxx). So, upgrade to 6xxx after rooting and you will be fine.

Wiping will remove root. Future (unreleased as of yet) firmware may also remove root.
    BERaddict likes this.
    01-16-12 04:45 PM
    im having an issue you with mine, when i click download on the 4869 os it finishes in like 2 seconds, then when i click downgrade it just hangs there and my playbook flashes back and forth between the os install and the main screen? any idea on what im doing wrong?
    01-16-12 04:58 PM
    Root is permanent and will be maintained throughout all firmware (even the latest 6xxx). So, upgrade to 6xxx after rooting and you will be fine.

Wiping will remove root. Future (unreleased as of yet) firmware may also remove root.
    Such as the official OS 2.0 this Feb? I hope not... it'd be nice to be able to have those new native functions along with the flexibility of being rooted.
    01-16-12 04:59 PM
    im having an issue you with mine, when i click download on the 4869 os it finishes in like 2 seconds, then when i click downgrade it just hangs there and my playbook flashes back and forth between the os install and the main screen? any idea on what im doing wrong?
    Sounds like download server isn't working for you.
    If this is the case, you can download 4869 core OS through other means and drop the core OS file in the '4869' directory of dingleberry.
    Are you using the Mac or Windows version?

Such as the official OS 2.0 this Feb? I hope not... it'd be nice to be able to have those new native functions along with the flexibility of being rooted.
    There will be a new Dingleberry release if RIM attempts any patching of Dingleberry in 2.0.
    01-16-12 05:02 PM
    Is the installer (Dingleberry) supposed to have the option to downgrade? All it asks for is my password and then it attempts and says it succeeds in gaining root access. I am on 1.0.8.6067 however. :/ WHen its down, it reboots but no Huluberry. Sorry, Im a noob. I just want Huluberry. My first "Dingle".

(Windows if it matters.)
    01-16-12 05:04 PM
    Is the installer (Dingleberry) supposed to have the option to downgrade? All it asks for is my password and then it attempts and says it succeeds in gaining root access. I am on 1.0.8.6067 however. :/ WHen its down, it reboots but no Huluberry. Sorry, Im a noob. I just want Huluberry. My first "Dingle".

(Windows if it matters.)
    On the main page of Dingleberry, up the top but below the logo you should see a "Downgrade OS".
    Use this first if you're on 6067.
    01-16-12 05:06 PM
    On the main page of Dingleberry, up the top but below the logo you should see a "Downgrade OS".
    Use this first if you're on 6067.
    Oh crud. Right in front of me. Thank you!
    01-16-12 05:09 PM
    Can anyone technically explain how Huluberry works? Is it just changing the Adobe Flash Version string from QNX 11... to WIN 11...?

This should also allow the facebook slingplayer to work. Anyone try it? Sling is blocking the Playbook via the Flash User Agent.
    rietish likes this.
    01-16-12 05:16 PM
    Just a warning: It only downgrades the Core OS. So other apps that are part of a full upgrade/downgrade will not function correctly.
    After rooting, please upgrade back to 6067 (or 6149) when using this downgrade method.

I will add an option for a 'full downgrade' later (but it will double the firmware size).

Can anyone technically explain how Huluberry works? Is it just changing the Adobe Flash Version string from QNX 11... to WIN 11...?

This should also allow the facebook slingplayer to work. Anyone try it? Sling is blocking the Playbook via the Flash User Agent.
    Indeed the only flash mod is QNX->WIN.
    However, it changes some things on the web browser side as well (thanks to HaTaX) which will make it difficult for Hulu to patch.
    01-16-12 05:17 PM
    should i just do a normal upgrade back to 6149? with dm?
    01-16-12 05:21 PM
    I'm running Mac with OS Lion but I get an error message: "DingleBerryApp cannot be opened because of a problem. Check with the developer to make sure DingleBerryApp works with this version of Mac OS X."

Help?
    01-16-12 05:21 PM
    should i just do a normal upgrade back to 6149? with dm?
    Sure. You can upgrade on the Playbook itself as well.

I'm running Mac with OS Lion but I get an error message: "DingleBerryApp cannot be opened because of a problem. Check with the developer to make sure DingleBerryApp works with this version of Mac OS X."

Help?
    The Mac version requires OpenSSL and Qt libraries installed on the system.
    I'm sorry these notes weren't made available on the website. Tell anyone who has this problem.

I don't have a Mac so this was compiled by cmw.
    01-16-12 05:23 PM
    awesome you are the man!!
    01-16-12 05:25 PM
    Hello,

My playbook is now on 2.0.0.6149 and it has never been rooted.
    Could i use Dingleberry 3.0 to downgrade it and then root it?
    I tried using the ' local downgrade' method, but it just didn't work.
    Hope that this version of Dingleberry will help me out.
    01-16-12 05:37 PM
    edit :

Nevermind Its working now...
    Last edited by trigger1074; 01-16-12 at 05:57 PM.
    01-16-12 05:52 PM
    xsacha,

Does rooting with DB 3.0 after the reboot, will there be a separate browser called huluberry, or will we run this under the stock web browser? I didn't see a huluberry app after I ran DB 3.0 initial dingle.

I then went to hulu and got the standard Blackberry browser junk.
    01-16-12 05:52 PM
    Ok, Im in the Huluberry browser and it wants me to download flash?
    01-16-12 06:01 PM
    Hello,

My playbook is now on 2.0.0.6149 and it has never been rooted.
    Could i use Dingleberry 3.0 to downgrade it and then root it?
    I tried using the ' local downgrade' method, but it just didn't work.
    Hope that this version of Dingleberry will help me out.
    Yes, Dingle v3.0 includes a downgrader.
    01-16-12 06:09 PM
127 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD