Have the 9930 with the official 7.1 from verizon, Is the battery life always gonna suck, or will they some day fix the issue with an OS fix? Just curious
    01-15-12 05:20 PM
    01-15-12 05:23 PM
    Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!
    01-15-12 05:35 PM
    Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!

You're problem is 7.1. Go with .374 and it will at least last you all day.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-15-12 08:43 PM
    You're problem is 7.1. Go with .374 and it will at least last you all day.

BlackBerry Bold� 9930 using Tapatalk
    i am on .374 and can only get to about 5pm (off the charger at 6am) and that is with less than 10% remaining. now, i have the fortune, i guess, that i am in my car a lot during the day (sales job) so i can constantly keep it charging from there...

i have not updated to 7.1 just because of all the reported "worse" battery talk.
    01-15-12 08:52 PM
    i am on .374 and can only get to about 5pm (off the charger at 6am) and that is with less than 10% remaining. now, i have the fortune, i guess, that i am in my car a lot during the day (sales job) so i can constantly keep it charging from there...

i have not updated to 7.1 just because of all the reported "worse" battery talk.

Then you have a bad battery. Try for a replacement. They're free for a year.

01-16-12 02:50 PM
    I just got my bold yesterday and the battery don't seem to be as good as on my torch.. But lucky I have 2 batterys for my bold
    01-16-12 02:52 PM
    It seems to be variable from device to device. It also seems very dependent on what apps you are running. I am currently running 7.1 on my 9930 and showing a discharge rate of 2.9% per hour (which I consider very good). Previously I had anywhere from 4.9% to as high as 10.4%. I deleted some apps and did some battery pulls and now have stabilized at a very good battery use over the past several days. I do not necessarily think one OS is better than another, so I would not avoid upgrading--you need to experiment with your device and various OS and what apps you are running, but you can get a good battery life.
    tomgnc likes this.
    01-16-12 03:32 PM
    It seems to be variable from device to device. It also seems very dependent on what apps you are running. I am currently running 7.1 on my 9930 and showing a discharge rate of 2.9% per hour (which I consider very good). Previously I had anywhere from 4.9% to as high as 10.4%. I deleted some apps and did some battery pulls and now have stabilized at a very good battery use over the past several days. I do not necessarily think one OS is better than another, so I would not avoid upgrading--you need to experiment with your device and various OS and what apps you are running, but you can get a good battery life.

This is very strange. On 7.0 I would get 3-5% discharge and when trying 7.1 on three separate occasions I would get 8-15%.

Its crazy how it plays out totally different on different phones.

01-16-12 04:49 PM
    I�m on OS7.1 and still not satisfied with the battery life. The battery looses a lot of its energy even when I�m barely using the phone. On .585 battery life was sometimes really good and sometimes it sucked, same apps installed.

I did a security wipe on OS7.1 to see how it goes without all my apps: There is not really a difference. I always close my apps after I used them, except for twitter.
    01-17-12 07:51 AM
    i"m on 7 and running GSM network. My battery life is very good. I bought an original spare battery so I don't have to worry about running out of battery.
    01-17-12 11:23 AM
    My battery life is terrible. On sprints 7.1, gps off, wifi off, global comm off, no apps running in background nor any apps that use mem/batt while not in use... I'm 3 hrs in my day with not much usage (email, bbm, interwebs) and its at 45%
    01-17-12 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD