Has anybody tried to upgrade to 7.1 on a Bell 9900? Curious as to whether or not I should try 7.1 to get rid of the losing sounds issues I'm having or just reload my existing 7.0.0.585.
    01-15-12 12:21 PM
    Try it..
    Install os then search for
    Vendor.xml
    And delete it
    Use dm/loader to install new os
    Best of luck
    01-15-12 12:43 PM
    I updated to the latest leaked OS and I am on Bell Canada, no problems with this one or the last 7.1.

Hotspot works great, no extra charges and the phone works very well.

Brian
    01-15-12 01:40 PM
    How did you get hotspot to work. I'm on Rogers and it says the hotspot is not supported by the carrier? Thanks
    01-15-12 03:04 PM
    How did you get hotspot to work. I'm on Rogers and it says the hotspot is not supported by the carrier? Thanks
    You need to have at least a 1 GB data plan for hotspot to work.
    01-15-12 03:07 PM
    you have to be on a plan that allows hotspot. For Rogers I believe it must be at least 1GB plan.

OP, don't fear upgrading. Worst case scenario you can always downgrade back to what you were before. 7.1 works quite well.
    01-15-12 03:08 PM
    I have 3 lines with 3g of shared data. Should I call Rogers?
    01-15-12 03:10 PM
    I'm not sure if family plans allow it. Look on your last bill, it will say on there "tethering access" if you have it. If it's not there you can call about it.
    01-15-12 03:15 PM
    Yea my bill says Tetherng......I better call Rogers. Thanks
    01-15-12 03:17 PM
    With typical Rogers my guess would be they are going to tell you that it's not their supported OS and they can't help you.
    01-15-12 03:23 PM
    I will tell Rogers my daughter want's to tether her iPhone 4S with her iPad......that should work, since it's shared data
    01-15-12 05:01 PM
    Given the wording that RIM used in their announcement of OS 7.1, I'm expecting an official Bell release coming within the next few weeks.

If they don't have something by Feb, I might just opt for another vendor's build. I'm gonna wait for a bit though.
    01-16-12 12:22 PM
    I installed 7.1 on my Bell bb phone..hotspot speeds are slow around 3mbits/s
    mhw100 likes this.
    01-16-12 12:31 PM
    I am using 7.1 on my Bell 9900.

Currently I have a 500 meg plan and tethering is included in my plan.
    01-16-12 12:31 PM
    I've been using OS 7.1 on Bell since the first leak came out. NO issues whatsoever and imo 7.1.0.190 runs better, for me at least, then any other Official or leaked OS. Using thse Hotspot on OS 7.1.0.190 is very stable, ,much more so that 7.1.0.74. I hae the 6GB plan which tethering is included. I used 2931.3541 MB according to my last invoice
    Last edited by kccman; 01-16-12 at 12:36 PM. Reason: added tethering info
    01-16-12 12:32 PM
    Quick question though, if my battery is having issues with the .585 build (info im getting from around the forums) is the 7.1 build fixing this? And first off is anyone else having a battery issue with the .585 build? Should I just go to Bell and get my phone exchanged?
    p.s. I'm getting average of 7hrs use, thats on and off bbm and the random 5 min phone call i may get once or twice within the 6 hrs.
    Last edited by KiDPaul; 01-22-12 at 05:29 PM.
    01-22-12 05:19 PM
    Hey well I am with Rogers and I am wondering if Rogers is gonna release an official 7.1 software for the bold 9900?
    01-22-12 06:57 PM
    Quick question though, if my battery is having issues with the .585 build (info im getting from around the forums) is the 7.1 build fixing this? And first off is anyone else having a battery issue with the .585 build? Should I just go to Bell and get my phone exchanged?
    p.s. I'm getting average of 7hrs use, thats on and off bbm and the random 5 min phone call i may get once or twice within the 6 hrs.
    I'm on Bell on .585 and I can easily go 24 hrs with average usage...

Make sure you're not leaving background apps running (hold down BB key to see what is running. Should not be more than the base 5 apps).

If nothing is running, maybe you have a defected battery. It's not like you can't have any programs running, I have FB, Twitter, BeBuzz, Touch, and various other apps with no problems.
    01-26-12 10:17 PM
    I'm on Bell on .585 and I can easily go 24 hrs with average usage...

Make sure you're not leaving background apps running (hold down BB key to see what is running. Should not be more than the base 5 apps).

If nothing is running, maybe you have a defected battery. It's not like you can't have any programs running, I have FB, Twitter, BeBuzz, Touch, and various other apps with no problems.
    Yea I know about the apps running in the background, and no I have none. I even set my facebook to not update. I still only get about 6-7hrs of use. So I just backed everything up and I am taking the phone to get exchanged with bell. Sucks major balls though, I love this phone and the keyboard is the greatest thing ever, I just hope that the battery is just defective thats all.
    01-26-12 10:58 PM
    Just an update...I exchanged the phone today at 1pm, since then I have put all the applications that I had on the previous 9900 and charged the battery full. I am glad to say that after 3 hours of heavy usage (wifi active, constant bbm, phone calls and multiplayer games of wordmole) the phone has only gone down to 78%. So for now I am saying that it was a defective unit. Still running the .585 build so the battery might still be worse compared to the 7.1 build but I'll see what thats like when it releases.
    01-27-12 07:03 PM
    Awesome, good to hear. Yeah, I really think that most battery problems are caused by defective battery units. The rest of the complaints can probably be resolved via software updates.

The poor souls on providers that don't have at least .585 as their official release really got the short end of the stick (so long as they aren't Crackberry folk).
    chela9900 likes this.
    01-29-12 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD