I have a 64gb playbook on its way and I have played around with a few playbooks here and there but I was wondering if there is anyway to convert films to use the full screen of the playbook (no black bars on the screen of the playbook)?
    01-15-12 12:49 AM
    As for video editing, im not sure. However, you can pinch&zoom to adjust the video to the size of the playbooks display. It works just like zooming in on a photo.
    01-15-12 01:02 AM
    i have been also wondering thst, u want it to look like the demo huh? same
    01-15-12 01:04 AM
    Thanks for the info on pinch & zoom but I'm hopefully looking for something a little better
    01-15-12 01:18 AM
    If you convert them to 1024 by 600 pixels there should be no more black bars anywhere. Is that what you're asking?
    01-15-12 02:29 AM
    Thanks yes that is what I'm asking what converter do you recommend?
    01-15-12 03:51 AM
    I have a 64gb playbook on its way and I have played around with a few playbooks here and there but I was wondering if there is anyway to convert films to use the full screen of the playbook (no black bars on the screen of the playbook)?
    Do some reading up on aspect ratios and you will understand the implications of getting rid of the black bars.
    01-15-12 04:13 AM
    Thanks yes that is what I'm asking what converter do you recommend?
    Handbrake and Freemake are the two common free converters most seem to use here. Freemake is easy to use and has a nice GUI with a PlayBook preset. Handbrake has more options for the experienced user. User CanadianThomas on here has uploaded some nice presets for Handbrake. Search for a thread by him on the topic (it's currently right next to this thread on the front page!).
    01-15-12 04:23 AM
    Thanks I will look into those converters . Correct me if I'm wrong but if I say converted a film to 1024x576 keeping the 16:9 aspect ratio I would not stretch or crunch the film or would I?
    Last edited by thoir; 01-15-12 at 04:45 AM.
    01-15-12 04:42 AM
    Thanks I will look into those converters . Correct me if I'm wrong but if I say converted a film to 1024x576 keeping the 16:9 aspect ratio I would not stretch or crunch the film or would I?
    There is not way to take a video which has a format that does not fit the screen and make it fit the screen unless the existing ratio (width, height) is already proper but smaller or larger. Otherwise you will be stretching the image in one direction or the other. Folks will be tall and skinny or fat and wide. Or you will lose part of the image off the top/bottom or left/right - pinch/zoom which demonstrate this latter behavior.
    d3adcrab likes this.
    01-15-12 10:02 AM
    I have used handbrake and freemake and Winff to try and use the full screen of the playbook with Handbreak and Freemake I could not get it to go full screen with a 1920x1080p video and with Winff I was able to go full screen but it is very choppy. Do you guys have any ideas?
    01-20-12 01:27 PM
    Pm me if you want and ill email you my handbrake presets. Makes it easy for someone with little to no experience encoding video

Or click my name, then statistics, then posts by me. Should be a few near the top that cover this well

BB 9810 Tapatalk
    01-20-12 01:52 PM
    I've been trying to rip a DVD to MP4 using both apps but it keeps including the director's comments track. Any suggestions on removing that part?
    01-29-12 02:18 AM
    For Handbrake click on the Audio button and check which track you are using. As you have a commentary track you should see two or more of the same length, which you can choose between.
    01-29-12 02:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD