I call BS that Blackberry is the best email around. May be for security and a physical keyboard but that is it.

Here are the items RIM needs to fix to make email better:

-Truncated email � So frustrating to have to wait or select get more
    -Truncated email recipients � you�ve got to be kidding me that all I can see and respond to is limited to 32.
    -Limit of 3MB per attachment. I can�t get, save or send an attachment over 3MB � hello RIM, people do send email attachments larger than 3MB.
    -Can�t sync my deleted email folder � for some reason the only one I can get to sync is the sent folder.
    -Can�t edit the text in or below the original email � WTF?!?!

Can someone tell my why everyone says that you can�t beat Blackberry for email (other than security and keyboard)?!?!?! I love the call quality of my 9900 (so much better than IP4S) but after running into the above issues several times a day, my sim card is back into my iPhone. Don�t get me wrong, the iPhone is no hard core email device, but other than attachment management, it works better than BB.

I�ve talked with my IT department about all the issues above and they have stated that they are RIM server or OS limitations.
    01-14-12 05:22 PM
    Could have saved yourself a lot of time as it easy to find how big an email you can send off a BB.

It is well known and I believe a lot has to do with security, as far as truncated emails.

Push notifications are still faster on my 9700 compared to my Andriod.

Sent from I am on Fire!
    01-14-12 05:30 PM
    I don't run into the truncated issues unless someone forwards a gigantic email string. Everything you just stated is pretty common knowledge. If you are regularly receiving massive emails then I suggest you do your homework next time.
    big_time2 and dalmondWR like this.
    01-14-12 05:37 PM
    Watch this interview and the truncating is all explained and soon to be a thing of the past.
    http://crackberry.com/further-explan...-playbook-os-2
    spike12 and recompile like this.
    01-14-12 05:47 PM
    I prefer gmail on Android.
    [email protected] likes this.
    01-14-12 05:51 PM
    I prefer gmail on Android.
    Can you get push email with any other email provider? I don't think you can, so right there the BB is better.
    01-14-12 06:13 PM
    Yep, agree with your list. I would like to see RIM offer for us BIS users a webmail service with full sync to all folders. I still love BlackBerry for ease of sending/ receiving emails, txt, bbm, and my BlackBerry still gets emails quicker than my desktop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-12 06:14 PM
    Can you get push email with any other email provider? I don't think you can, so right there the BB is better.
    Yup, you sure can!
    01-14-12 06:18 PM

What year you living in man?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    Chrisy, howarmat, tack and 2 others like this.
    01-14-12 06:21 PM
    I agree. And I have an Android. The other day I got an email three hours late. I've also had a few other issues. Really want a 9930. But the idiots at RIM don't seem like they care about fixing the bricking issue!!!
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-14-12 06:26 PM
    I prefer email on my iPhone. Usually they arrive a second or so before my blackberry. However, I prefer the notifications of my blackberry.
    Chrisy and xanadome like this.
    01-14-12 06:27 PM
    I prefer email on my iPhone. Usually they arrive a second or so before my blackberry. However, I prefer the notifications of my blackberry.
    I agree! Love BlackBerry notifications. I love the keyboard shortcuts to compose, read next, delete emails. All that I prefer on the BB onver Android by FAR!

But Android email look more PC like, embedded images too. I liked being able to view all my gmail labels.

I hated that I couldn't delete all emails on the Android though. Frustrating!
    tack likes this.
    01-14-12 06:33 PM
    Best for business, not the consumer that wants to send/receive large files.
    ubermanx likes this.
    01-14-12 07:00 PM
    Concur!.....
    01-14-12 07:09 PM
    BB being the best at email is sort of an old thing. I found BB email to be worthless since I didn't have access to all of my email folders and of course the issues with truncation. The Push was the nice part about it though. On my iPhone I can only have push with my iCloud email and then it has to "fetch" for my Gmail. It's a bit annoying since I primarily use Gmail.
    01-14-12 07:27 PM
    Disagree. I'm talking about business. I took a new position at my company and send and receive attachments over 3MB all day long. I don't think I ever do this outside of work.
    01-14-12 07:36 PM
    BB being the best at email is sort of an old thing. I found BB email to be worthless since I didn't have access to all of my email folders and of course the issues with truncation. The Push was the nice part about it though. On my iPhone I can only have push with my iCloud email and then it has to "fetch" for my Gmail. It's a bit annoying since I primarily use Gmail.
    Set your gmail up thru Exchange it's pushed and not fetched then
    01-14-12 07:48 PM
    i don't know what happened. my emails were always "truncated due to size" but i recently received an email that was a 6.4mb pps file and was downloaded with no problems
    01-14-12 08:10 PM
    Limitation could be set by IT admin. My work BB can't play youtube, can't install program, and can't download big files because of my company IT policy. My personal BB I can do all things including large emails

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-14-12 08:34 PM
    Limitation could be set by IT admin. My work BB can't play youtube, can't install program, and can't download big files because of my company IT policy. My personal BB I can do all things including large emails

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    its not something that his IT dept is limiting, its RIMs NOC.
    01-14-12 09:17 PM
    Set your gmail up thru Exchange it's pushed and not fetched then
    Like everyone has an exchange server or wants to pay for it?
    01-14-12 09:27 PM
    gmail already is set up for you to set it up that way, not extra work for you

http://www.powercx.com/iblog/iphone/...oneipod-touch/

same basic setup as hotmail is
    01-14-12 09:36 PM
    Nah, email being the "best" on BB is a myth for me. All my email is Gmail/Google Apps, so Android works. For me, Android IMAP is unbeatable.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    teknishun and pantlesspenguin like this.
    01-14-12 09:44 PM
    Firstly, your email attachment limit for a BIS account is 8 MB - if I'm not mistaken

The issue can be with your email account not RIM. Try another email account
    I had this problem. From one email account I could only send approx. 2.3 MB email attachments...from another email account I could send the full 8 MB email attachment.

Also, in one of the videos from CES, the RIM person stated those limits will be gone with BB10 phones
    01-14-12 10:34 PM
    My wife started a new job a while ago, the company only uses a POP3 account. I was able to set her email up in 5 seconds: enter email address, enter password. Done!

An Android powered colleague is still trying to set it up and keeps getting the message "can't connect to server" months later.

My wife's email is pushed to her BB, please tell me how would this email ever be push on an Adroid or Iphone.
    01-15-12 03:30 AM
126 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD