Hi,
    I've recently bought playbook. I want to upgrade Need for Speed Undercover to latest 2.0.x version. However I failed everytime I try to download through app world. Everytime after downloading some time, it says there was problem in app world. I don't know if the problem is because of its relatively large file size (291 MB) downloading through relatively slow wifi connection.

I also tried to download from the app world website. But, it says connect your device where my device is already connected and recognized by BB desktop software. I tried to disconnect and reconnect with no luck.

I am wondering if there is any way I can download this using BB desktop software or any other possible way.

Thanks in advance for your time.
    01-14-12 07:16 AM

I am wondering if there is any way I can download this using BB desktop software or any other possible way.

Thanks in advance for your time.
    Installations via DM and OTA installations from third party websites are not supported on PlayBook. You can only access PB apps via App World on the PlayBook device itself. Also note that you must be connected by WiFi in order to open the App World app (except for My World) on the device.
    bbfan1040 and morison20 like this.
    01-14-12 08:16 AM
    Try faster wifi access. Some are very good. More restaurants are adding wifi.

Maybe a neighbor will share their wifi.

Good luck!
    01-14-12 08:46 AM
    sad to hear that... Yeah, I gotta find a speedy wifi connection around.

Thanks for your reply
    01-14-12 09:11 AM
    That error seems to be common

As for the slow wifi go to chapters. I have used there wifi while sitting in the parking lot (my wife was inside shopping).
    01-14-12 02:17 PM
    NFS is a pretty big download took me almost 5 mins to download/install compared to 8-10 seconds download/install for other games like ZomBaby Bouncer and Assembler Mobile2 HD. Easiest way is just stop and go *INSIDE McDonalds they all offer fast Wifi.
    01-14-12 07:17 PM
    You can do it by going to App World online. Not sure if this will be any better than an OTA update but if your PC is hardwired then it should be more stable. I often do this when there is an App update and I don't feel like waiting or am not near wi-fi.
    01-15-12 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD