Is there 3rd party PDF viewer for the bold?
    bold doesn't have PDF viewer
    09-05-08 08:19 AM
    i don't have the bold but i was under the impression that docs2go came with a pdf viewer??
    09-05-08 12:09 PM
    DocsToGo regrettably does not come with a pdf reader. I have looked and looked for a decent stand alone pdf reader and have not found one. I have emailled just about every pdf reader clone maker that I could fnd to no avail.. It is really stupid than no-one makes one.

The best that I have found is on BeamBerry - View, Print, Store BlackBerry e-mail attachments who make a server based tool that costs about $46. It works well enough but is still a server app. It comes with a trial period too.
    09-05-08 12:29 PM
    I have downloaded pdf's from emails and viewed them. I didn't install any 3rd party application to view pdf's either. Can you not view any pdf's?
    09-05-08 12:29 PM
    I just viewed a PDF 10 mins ago no problem. Can't remember for sure but I think I did on my OS 4.5 curve too.
    Have you tried to open one? Do you get an error message? Or will they just not open?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 01:38 PM
    As the old saying goes "Google is your friend"... so that what I did, and I found a link to a product which claims to be "the world’s first native PDF viewer for BlackBerry." called RepliGo Reader.

Apparently it is still in beta, but they are looking for, and welcome, feedback.

I have just emailed them, and received a reply within a few minutes, which is always encouraging. They tell me that... "It does work extremely well on the Bold." so why not give it a try, and see what you think?

If I had a Bold, I would try it myself, but if anyone is interested, more details can be found here.

Looks as if it could be a solution!
    09-05-08 02:19 PM
    Come on chaps... hasn't anyone tried it yet?

It sounds as if it might be the answer!
    09-06-08 03:35 PM
    Repligo works fine. I have it on my Bold.

It works pretty well, but not 100%.. had trouble with tables.
    09-06-08 04:47 PM
    Problem with BOLD is unable to zoom pdf with clarity.

Not legible pdf if zoomed!

So,built in pdf viewer of questionable value!

We need 3rd party s/w!
    10-22-08 07:14 AM
    I don't know what the eff you are all on about. My Bold reads PDFs native.
    10-22-08 07:17 AM

We need 3rd party s/w!
    Yes it does, you need to wait for data to download. The in built viewer is very good.
    10-22-08 07:18 AM
    RepliGo works VERY well in my opinion, better than the rest.
    10-22-08 08:01 AM
    Yes it does, you need to wait for data to download. The in built viewer is very good.
    I can view PDFs as you describe when they arrive in an email, but I have had no success viewing PDFs I have stored on my memory card.

Have you had success with onboard files, not just email attachments?

Thanks,

Carl
    10-22-08 08:53 AM
    I don't know what the eff you are all on about. My Bold reads PDFs native.
    Yes the Bold does come with a PDF viewer but its limited, its ok for reading things like letters etc but when you zoom in further & further it gets blurry, it doesn't adjust itself the more you zoom in.

I also use Repligo (was a beta tester for them) I view drawings & details and the zoom is brilliant, it re-renders itself when you zoom in to give you clear exact crisp image.

When an attachment arrives i just download to media card so i can view anytime as the attachments only last a certain time via the e-mail.
    10-22-08 09:07 AM
    10-22-08 11:53 AM
    Purchased "Repligo Reader" from Ceriance with 50% OFF.

Thanks to CB!
    Last edited by ksundar; 10-22-08 at 11:06 PM. Reason: picture plus
    10-22-08 10:39 PM
    Beamreader works very well for me, thanks for the link.
    12-06-08 09:34 PM
    I could never understand this. BB a professional businessman's smartphone that doesn't view PDF files. Only if they are in an email..Hmmm I have many PDF files that I need to store in my BB Bold as stand alone docs to view when needed. Seems to me it should be included free considering the cost of the phone. Not 20 bucks...Oh well.....
    02-05-09 08:07 AM
    I have many PDF files that I need to store in my BB Bold as stand alone docs to view when needed. Seems to me it should be included free considering the cost of the phone. Not 20 bucks...Oh well.....

One option is to email the file to yourself instead of loading the file into the memory card.

Docs2Go without Pro works fine for me, and, does not have a resolution or zoom problem as previously described.
    02-05-09 08:34 AM
    Purchased "Repligo Reader" from Ceriance with 50% OFF.

Thanks to CB!
    Hi, where did you get the 50% off discount? I can't find any information about discount on RepliGo's homepage.

Thank you in advance!
    02-05-09 09:59 AM
    This program is great thank you. I had to upload a Pdf document because of its size (2MB) and this product worked without any trouble.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 12:22 PM
    Hi, where did you get the 50% off discount? I can't find any information about discount on RepliGo's homepage.

Thank you in advance!
    I could do with that also, but I have a nasty feeling that it was a January Sale offer, which has now finished... or has anyone actually been able to track it down?

P.S. Welcome to Crackberry.com to both you, and also to C Los!
    Last edited by Montala; 02-05-09 at 12:54 PM.
    02-05-09 12:52 PM
    I could do with that also, but I have a nasty feeling that it was a January Sale offer, which has now finished... or has anyone actually been able to track it down?

P.S. Welcome to Crackberry.com to both you, and also to C Los!
    Oh, that's a pity!!

But still thank you for your welcome! Just got my bold for a week, I really love it now, and CrackBerry.com is also a great place.
    02-06-09 09:10 AM
    Documents To Go does have a PDF viewer but you must upgrade to the Premium Edition to obtain it. I needed the Premium Edition anyway. It has a word wrap feature which makes reading letters etc very easy. Unfortunately, it is an expensive program.
    02-06-09 10:05 AM

We need 3rd party s/w!
    Just found out this limitation of the stock PDF reader on my 8530 too. When zooming in the document gets bigger but blurry and ultimately unreadable by the time the font gets to a legible size.

Also can only view pdf in an email. BB will not open pdf on media card.
    10-20-10 09:43 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD