Just got off the phone with an alltel rep for a dumb problem... My Curve switched to line 2. I called alltel not realizing that was the issue. The rep on the phone that was a mistake on RIM's end and would be fixed when the new OS is released. I asked him when that was and he said by the end of the month and confirmed it was 4.5.
    09-05-08 07:57 AM
    Hope that's true!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 10:24 AM
    I heard the same thru a rep
    09-05-08 11:50 AM
    It's been coming at the end of the month for several months now.
    09-05-08 01:25 PM
    did he happen to say, "End of a month" ? lol.
    09-05-08 03:31 PM
    By the end of a month is the most accurate answer I can give.

End of this month is news to me (of course I don't know everything)

09-05-08 11:38 PM
    By the end of a month is the most accurate answer I can give.

End of this month is news to me (of course I don't know everything)

lol, how can you even say the word accurate in that response? It could come out end of September, Oct, etc.? How is that an accurate response?
    09-07-08 03:43 PM
    If you have been dealing with alltel and their "release date" issue, then you know that "at the end of A month" is much more accurate than the timeframes we have been given thus far.
    09-07-08 08:57 PM
    actully folks, word from my side is never. after the news of the merger alltel views releasing this software as too much of an expense. but thats just what ive been told by my higher ups. eh...cool huh.
    09-07-08 10:48 PM
    actully folks, word from my side is never. after the news of the merger alltel views releasing this software as too much of an expense. but thats just what ive been told by my higher ups. eh...cool huh.
    I would love to know who your "higher ups" are.

My source is from the testing group. 4.5 is still not working properly and was returned to RIM to be fixed once again.

The 4.5 has already been "purchased" by Alltel and since it will be loaded onto the device through the application loader aafter being downloaded from RIM, it is nnot "too much of an expense".

There is however a joke going around that it will never be released because RIM wants you to upgrade.

If you feel lucky, load verizon's 4.5 and make sure you update server, user name and password to Alltel's settings.

Don't ask me how or where because I'm not taking your call when other features/services fail.

09-07-08 11:01 PM
    Don't u just hate it when people come on here making stuff up, and then claiming that alltel will never get thr update when they have NO IDEA what they are talking about? Claiming credible sources? Hmmmm

09-07-08 11:20 PM
    Don't u just hate it when people come on here making stuff up, and then claiming that alltel will never get thr update when they have NO IDEA what they are talking about? Claiming credible sources? Hmmmm

As long as you are not referring to me, yes I hate it. That is the main reason I joined crackberry, to squash the misinformation.

09-08-08 01:45 AM

And I hope you are not talking about me either... I was just relaying what I was told on the phone... Me personally i couldnt care less if we ever get the new os... My phone does exactly what I need it too at this point. Until something stops working or I need some new features, you wont hear me complaining at all...

Honestly, Stacypaul I haven't seen one positive post from you yet in this area of the forums
    09-08-08 08:24 AM
    One of the reps told me the FCC. Said they need to take care of it before they can merge. How true that's is I don't know
    09-08-08 02:03 PM
    I can imagine a rep saying that to someone they were tired of dealing with and wanted to go away
    09-08-08 06:03 PM
    Thats kinda weird, I was just on the phone with them directly cause my 4.5 won't send/receive MMS. I played dumb while he tried to help me, same ol stuff, reset books, etc. He finally agreed to escalate my issues. I told him never mind I knew it was a 4.5 issue. He was SO excited to know I had 4.5 he asked ME to send him the info on how to get it cause he didn't know when it was coming out and then he gave me his email address!

Lets all HOPE 4.5 officially comes out this month but no big hopes here.

KJ
    09-09-08 04:59 PM
    The only thing we can get any of our higher ups to say is " no comment". So while we can all hope for it by the end of the month, I wouldn't hold my breath.
    09-09-08 06:51 PM
    Thats kinda weird, I was just on the phone with them directly cause my 4.5 won't send/receive MMS. I played dumb while he tried to help me, same ol stuff, reset books, etc. He finally agreed to escalate my issues. I told him never mind I knew it was a 4.5 issue. He was SO excited to know I had 4.5 he asked ME to send him the info on how to get it cause he didn't know when it was coming out and then he gave me his email address!

Lets all HOPE 4.5 officially comes out this month but no big hopes here.

KJ
    I'm guessing this is the hacked Verizon 4.5 OS.
    As stated before, you will need to update the MMS server, username/password and port info to work on Alltel's/Ericson's platform.
    This will be difficult as all the settings are preset in the service books that are Alltel specific.
    I hope this will finally make sense to all who don't understand why Verizon has the update and we are all still waiting for RIM to 'fix' Alltel's 4.5 OS.
    e

09-09-08 09:55 PM
    Nope just to static for the misinformation. Sorry if I am a bit negative, maybe I'm just sick of the whole thing. I have been waiting for the update just like everyone else, and I am so through with it. I really like alltel for the most part, but sometimes it annoys me when other carriers have things that we don't. It just makes it harder for me to do my job. From a sales perspective, we are required to sell a lot of smartphones, but I don't feel we are given enough info and are not as organized as I would like. No more negative posts from me. Peace

09-09-08 11:59 PM
    Two reasons Alltel generally gets everything last-
    First - They test and retest the systems to make sure they work properly (everybody complained about no razrs years back, once released Alltel had the most stable razr. This obviously was not done with the pearl, rushed out to be released with all the other carriers).
    Second - Money. Hardware is cheaper when its been out for a few.
    They say good things come to those who wait and usually that's true.

09-10-08 01:46 AM
    I'm sorry but respectfully disagree. "The wait" (btw-great metallica song) only cuts into the time with a new device. Point being, if every other carrier has curve on OS 4.5 and Alltel gets it 6-8 months later, why bother? I would prefer to just wait for the next model (bold, thunder, etc) to be released.

My guess is the pending merger is forcing Alltel hold ALL its cards until complete. Unfortunately, this will only hurt its customers desire for new technology.
    Last edited by airunz; 09-10-08 at 10:08 AM.
    09-10-08 10:05 AM
    My guess is the pending merger is forcing Alltel hold ALL its cards until complete. Unfortunately, this will only hurt its customers desire for new technology.
    As many threads about this have turned out with people assuming you know what your talking about, your wrong. Once RIM fixes the OS for alltel it will be released.
    09-10-08 10:42 AM
    As many threads about this have turned out with people assuming you know what your talking about, your wrong. Once RIM fixes the OS for alltel it will be released.
    Please provide a RIM or Alltel link that states this. Thank you
    09-10-08 10:52 AM
    +1 for post count.
    09-10-08 11:36 AM
    Please provide a RIM or Alltel link that states this. Thank you
    Why would RIM or Alltel publicly state there is a problem with software?
    Only answer I can think of is, pure supidity.

Why would they wait for a working software?
    This one is a no brainer.....hope you get it....

Closest thing I found for ya was this
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Notice the Alltel one only shows OS 4.3? I sure did. Upon further inspection no North America provider has release 4.5 offically. Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder why............................

BETA. When its released I assume they will release Notes and updates as to what was fixed.
    09-10-08 01:49 PM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD