Hey guys,

would you happen to know if yahoo instant messenger is compatible with AT&T 8300 Curve? and if so how would I go about installing it on my babyberrie (I finally named it!) haha...
    Thanks for your help
    10-20-07 07:22 PM
    Go to mobile.blackberry.com from babyberrie and its under messaging. You can download it and install it right from there.
    10-20-07 08:17 PM
    Thanks GoDJ,

I was able to download/install the yahoo messenger on babyberrie. at mobile.blackberry.com but there is a disclaimer on this page at the bottom that says...Yahoo Messenger designed for blackberry devices is currently not available for customers of AT&T (I'm AT&T) or customers whose wireless service providers are based in algeria, bahrain, boliva, china, fiji, buernsey, honduras, Isle of Man, japan, hersey, jordan, kuwait, macau, mauritus, morocco etc.. these customers may download the software but will be unable to log into Yahoo Messenger from their blackberry devices (kinda defeats the purpose huh?)also in the system requirement section on the same page it states this application supports curve, pearl, 8700 series, 8800 series etc.. think the developers that listed this message made a boo..boo
    10-20-07 10:03 PM
    Yeah thats crazy! Somebody sent me a pin earlier telling me it said something like that. I just skipped over it after I saw I was able to download it. Sucks for my brother who lives in Honduras though
    10-20-07 10:18 PM
    yeah I know right? hopefully soon Yahoo Messenger will be available to AT&T customers and your brother who lives in Honduras Thank you GoDJ for your assistance
    10-20-07 10:53 PM
    I downloaded the Yahoo! IM software succesfully to my device but when I went to log in it gave me the message in my subject line.

Do you think it is because of my being an AT&T customer?

I don't understand why IM services have recently disappeared with AT&T.
    10-21-07 09:08 AM
    Are you guys using the pre-installed OS?

Just to clarify, I am on AT&T and successfully downloaded and installed Yahoo Messenger and use it daily. For whatever reason, it works for some and doesnt for others Listed below are my settings and a troubleshoot to try to get it to work...

- I use the Vodafone OS and perhaps that has something to do with it.
    - Also I changed my emulation mode.

1. Open the blackberry browser
    2. Press menu, options, then browser configuration.
    3. Scroll down to "Emulation Mode" and change it to "Microsoft IE"

Uninstall and reinstall to give it a shot.
    10-21-07 09:26 AM
    Just my luck, Im in the same boat with you all now that I upgraded to Yahoo 2.0..no more messenger for me
    10-24-07 01:35 PM
    There is a fix in the forum link below. I can not try it right now, but I plan on trying it soon.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...-handsets.html
    10-24-07 03:05 PM
    The first thing that you want to do is go into media net and scroll to the bottom and select mail & messaging. Then scroll to and select mobile IM. Once you select that you should be able to download it. Run the application once it has finished.
    10-24-07 04:07 PM
    and just to let you guys know that yahoo messenger is available for at&t. Im with at&t and i downloaded it today...just follow the steps above.
    10-24-07 04:10 PM
    Well all of us that are having problems are on the Curve, not the 8800. But thanks for the advice.
    10-24-07 04:12 PM
    Wrigley if you get the work-around to work, let us know and thanks for the tip. Im giving myself a headache trying to figure out how I got it to work the first time.
    10-24-07 04:25 PM
    Sure thing I am out of town and will not have time until Friday. But I will give it a try then. If anybody else trys it before then....let me know.
    10-24-07 04:36 PM
    i also have the curve...i will try it on my curve once i get home and let you guys know if it works.
    10-24-07 04:42 PM
    great thanks
    10-24-07 05:02 PM
    OK, it just dawned on me,

1. Yahoo Messenger 2.0 was just released so the service book hasn't been extracted for it yet.

2. The only fix would be to have and unlocked Curve, put someone's Tmobile sim in it, download the app, then put the AT&T sim back in to test it out.
    10-24-07 09:29 PM
    so what if you load an older version of yahoo messenger, load the service book that i listed in my link. Would that work?
    10-24-07 10:54 PM
    Older versions should work with no problem. Its just a no go with 2.0
    10-24-07 11:00 PM
    how do you load an older version? I only see v2.0 available
    10-25-07 12:14 AM
    I too am having this problem. It was working fine until I upgraded to the new 2.0 version. Let me know if any of you get this working, or if you know where to get the older version.
    10-25-07 12:37 PM
    By the way, I just upgraded from 8700 to 8310. Besides this stupid Yahoo Messenger problem, it is sweet.
    10-25-07 12:39 PM
    It only took a few days, but I posted a how-to for Yahoo Instant Messenger. Click this link.
    10-27-07 03:04 PM
    I tried this and I got an error from Desktop Manager saying that I couldn't restore a read-only database.
    10-29-07 08:30 AM
    I downloaded Yahoo Instant Messenger, and all was well. Untill I went to sign in, and it gave me the "Service not enabled for this handheld." I don't know what that means...does anyone have any suggestions?
    02-20-08 02:50 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD