I have had my PB since Christmas. I must say that I am very happy with it. My wife tablet has a 10" screen and is a great tablet. My PB is also great for me. I have been a BB user since 08 and i have seen it evolve each year.
    I love that I can bridge it with my BB phone. My PB is compact enough to carry to work everyday and use through out the day. The quality of the PB is just as good as android and my family friends love it. This is the best device I have ever owned and it cost half the price I paid for my wife's android tablet. We play games on both devices and my wife loves the PB apps just as much.
    I do not understand all the negative stuff people keep posting. It makes me wonder if these folk really own a PB or BB.
    01-12-12 10:25 PM
    I find people just sort of repeat the tag line of the day. I wouldn't take it to heart to much, i find if you engage with most people on these opinions and tell them actual FACTS that they come across as being the silly ones, not you for owning the blackberry device.
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-12-12 10:33 PM
    loving my pb and bb combo as well. the bb alone was great for as it helped me to keep in touch with ppl easily especially with family and friends overseas. something about bbm...its like u can communicate everyday like a conversation. emails do not provide the same effect. the playbook is just icing on the cake.
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-12-12 11:25 PM
    PlayBook kept me using BB phones. That bridge feature is indispensible on the road.
    Delirious D and RetroAndreas like this.
    01-12-12 11:41 PM
    I too love my BB/PB combo.

Last night, I had dinner w/a friend of mine & we got onto the conversation of electronics. First he asked me what I'm gonna do when RIM fails and when i told him how much I love my PB, he just laughed. wtf! Yeah, crap like that shouldn't bother me but its just annoying.

Congrats on your PB!
    01-12-12 11:54 PM
    I do not understand all the negative stuff people keep posting.
    They've got nothing better to do.
    01-13-12 12:00 AM
    They've got nothing better to do.
    nah, it only makes sense that they got paid for doing what they do
    01-13-12 12:07 AM
    Everyone who owns a PlayBook will agree with you. Those that doesn't own one will listen to bloggers that wants to take RIM down, will never find out how great this piece of machine is.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    01-13-12 12:45 AM
    Sounds like your wife knows what's up For a BlackBerry phone user, the PlayBook is absolutely the right choice. I'm the only person I know with one, most people I know have iPads.

Weird how one of my friends bought the 3G model in September and has yet to bite the bullet and hand at&t some money for a data plan, and weird how with my other friend, we're looking at tumblrs and BlogSpot blogs with flash media content and none of it shows up for him, and it all shows up for me and the iPad quietly gets set down.

My coworker who is hooked on her Evo is about to buy a PlayBook. Sprint lets her have the Mobile Hotspot on her phone for free (I'm jealous..but benefit because she turns it on so my PlayBook can fly!), and she has seen how much I use really, how much I DO on the PlayBook. I've played with Android tablets, but their tablet UI just isn't as fluid or as smooth as the PlayBooks. I've been working with her all week, while CES has been going on. I've been playing all the videos of OS 2.0 from Kevin on CrackBerry and also from other sites. She does real estate, so having something portable that also can receive stuff from her laptop is important...she's probably one of many Android users who is holding off until February to see the new OS before pulling the trigger
    01-13-12 01:10 AM
    You know the title of this thread kind of sounds like a 21st Century version of "The Gift of the Magi." Actually, the Acer Iconia is a very nice tablet. I prefer the PB (afterall, I started a whole thread about how using an Android made me realize what a great OS the PB has -but I think you have 2 nice devices in your household. I hope you get use and enjoyment out of
    both of them.
    pkcable, Michelle Haag and gschep like this.
    01-13-12 01:14 AM
    I have both the PlayBook and the Iconia too, for development. Both are nice devices, though I've found the Iconia to be much less stable and responsive compared to the PlayBook.
    01-13-12 07:54 AM
    She sounds like a keeper!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-13-12 08:00 AM
    I have had my PB since Christmas. I must say that I am very happy with it. My wife tablet has a 10" screen and is a great tablet. My PB is also great for me. I have been a BB user since 08 and i have seen it evolve each year.
    I love that I can bridge it with my BB phone. My PB is compact enough to carry to work everyday and use through out the day. The quality of the PB is just as good as android and my family friends love it. This is the best device I have ever owned and it cost half the price I paid for my wife's android tablet. We play games on both devices and my wife loves the PB apps just as much.
    I do not understand all the negative stuff people keep posting. It makes me wonder if these folk really own a PB or BB.
    If you also have BB and able to use bridge function, be happy. Most people without BB are left with a severely crippled product which is useless especially at work without email client. Our hope is of course OS 2.0.

For some reason Touchdown wouldn't connect to exchange server anymore and I stopped carrying my PB to work. It's sitting at home waiting for OS 2.0 upgrade.
    01-13-12 08:03 AM
    I own both of the same tablets. I must say I love them both. They really are not designed for the same consumer in my opinion ( of course you know how that is ) I think the PB is for a business consumer but still enough for personal use. I love the size because of the portable. The bezel swipes are a very nice touch and make it a pleasure to use. The PB as is meets my needs and the bridging capability is just icing on the cake. My BB torch 9800 and it make a great team. I am so excited to see what OS 2 can do from out of the CES this week. I can hardly wait for the upgrade.

As far as the Acer A500 it is nice as well. I use it more for just sitting around the house surfing the web, maybe play a game or two. Much easier to grab it than a laptop.

Believe it or not my wife and I actually both own a PB and the Acer.

Thats makes me two of each so we have a lot of fun with both. We both are sorta techies I guess and enjoy monkeying with stuff.
    8230 likes this.
    01-13-12 08:04 AM
    @jyoungmc1 - Obviously your wife loves you more than you love her you insensitive clod.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    01-13-12 08:05 AM
    Pssst don't take those People too seriously, haters gonna hate.
    It's just the negative influence of peoples attracting each other like a dawg.
    You just meanwhile enjoy your lovely BB & PB combo, nothing to worry about.
    Found the PERFECT picture for that!!!!!!! BTW I love my PB too (I also used to own an Iconia, which I also liked, BUT gladly traded for an iPad 1)

Don't you just LOVE that suit!!!!!!!!
    01-13-12 08:14 AM
    If you also have BB and able to use bridge function, be happy. Most people without BB are left with a severely crippled product which is useless especially at work without email client. Our hope is of course OS 2.0.

For some reason Touchdown wouldn't connect to exchange server anymore and I stopped carrying my PB to work. It's sitting at home waiting for OS 2.0 upgrade.
    Was getting work email the only reason you bought it?
    01-13-12 09:24 AM
    Was getting work email the only reason you bought it?
    No, I never said that. I'm responding to message saying how wonderful PB is at work. What's your point?

Email is primary use at work for a tablet. Since it doesn't do my work email, I have no use for my PB at work. I use it at home.
    01-13-12 10:19 AM
    No, I never said that. I'm responding to message saying how wonderful PB is at work. What's your point?

Email is primary use at work for a tablet. Since it doesn't do my work email, I have no use for my PB at work. I use it at home.
    My point was you said " If you also have BB and able to use bridge function, be happy. Most people without BB are left with a severely crippled product which is useless especially at work without email client."

Which sounds like it is worthless and even more so for work. Misunderstood.
    01-13-12 10:41 AM
    My point was you said " If you also have BB and able to use bridge function, be happy. Most people without BB are left with a severely crippled product which is useless especially at work without email client."

Which sounds like it is worthless and even more so for work. Misunderstood.
    My response was to the post that had "My PB is compact enough to carry to work everyday and use through out the day" which I disputed for users without BB and bridge functions. I have no use for PB at work without BB and bridge which is what I pointed out.

This goes along with people who can't understand why some are not happy with the fact that current PB doesn't have native email client. It is a very important feature.

There's a big difference in user experience of PB with and without BB.
    01-13-12 10:52 AM
    My God! You have an amazing wife and you go and treat her like that!

Lol. Kidding but you got the good end of that deal dude.
    01-13-12 01:56 PM
    I also have an Acer and a PB. I don't understand the negative comments about Android. It's smooth and useable and makes for a great tablet, much more friendly than my PB with OS1. I hope that OS2 delivers what is being promised as the PB hardware seems better, but the current implementation is just awful.
    On the other hand, Ice Cream Sandwich should be arriving shortly as well.
    01-13-12 03:39 PM
    I also have an Acer and a PB. I don't understand the negative comments about Android. It's smooth and useable and makes for a great tablet, much more friendly than my PB with OS1. I hope that OS2 delivers what is being promised as the PB hardware seems better, but the current implementation is just awful.
    Guess that's all personal because I find android clunky and not intuitive at all. Don't know if it's smooth or not but it wasn't when I tried it.
    01-13-12 03:42 PM
    If you read enough posts on this forum you will understand.. Oh, you're not allowed to speak negatively about PB until your post count exceeds certain number.
    01-13-12 03:49 PM
    Gadgets are like football teams. If you're a fan of one, you often dislike the other. Some people prefer the underdog, others prefer the top ranking team. But unlike football teams which can be measured by score, the choice of tablet is personal. It has to fit your requirements. Some care about Netflix and Skype, others care about Bridge and performance. To each his own. Trying to decide which is "best" is futile. Both of them are great devices, and they each have their own quirks. The same is true for iPads and Touchpads and Meego's and Win8 tabs. Let's respect each other, agree to disagree sometimes and try to get along.
    Last edited by Innovatology; 01-14-12 at 10:35 PM.
    jafobabe, gschep and kbz1960 like this.
    01-14-12 10:30 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD