so periodicaly i check appworld to see whats new and was delighted to see angry birds there. so i assumed they made a version for the pb, but then i started noticeing alot of new apps that have screen shots of andriod devices (cell phones) and even in the app description it will say something like "feature X only available on andriod 2.2 and above" what the hells going on in app world???
    01-12-12 02:16 AM
    i would assume you're seeing repackaged android apps.
    01-12-12 02:27 AM
    so periodicaly i check appworld to see whats new and was delighted to see angry birds there. so i assumed they made a version for the pb, but then i started noticeing alot of new apps that have screen shots of andriod devices (cell phones) and even in the app description it will say something like "feature X only available on andriod 2.2 and above" what the hells going on in app world???
    You're REALLY asking this question? Jeez, do a Playbook forum search for "Android"... it's not difficult.
    01-12-12 02:29 AM
    Angry birds is a native app now...
    The others are the re-packaged android apps as mentioned. Are you using the 2 beta OS??
    01-12-12 02:29 AM
    Hi mattvait,

Mind if I ask what OS you're using?
    Frankly, I haven't noticed this in Appworld. I'm using 1.0.8.6067. Maybe that's why.
    01-12-12 02:33 AM
    I am using 2.0.0.4869 and suddenly saw Ebuddy E-messenger (msn/gtalk/etc).

I downloaded it, installed it and started it. What happens when i start it? My Android applauncher starts and asks me how i want to open the app (QNX Applauncher, Zeamlauncher, etc)!

And yes, that means that it is a repacked Android-app in the Appworld. Amazing!
    01-12-12 02:44 AM
    Hi mattvait,

Frankly, I haven't noticed this in Appworld. I'm using 1.0.8.6067. Maybe that's why.
    That's exactly it. The devs/handster or whoever packages the app put which OS it needs to work, and app world will only show the ones available to yours.
    01-12-12 02:47 AM
    That's exactly it. The devs/handster or whoever packages the app put which OS it needs to work, and app world will only show the ones available to yours.
    Thanks for clarifying. My thoughts exactly. My post was a polite hint to mattvait that his concern may likely be because he's using OS 2 beta, so we can't really fault appworld for it.
    01-12-12 03:52 AM
    hi,i just wanna ask something about the OS version...in my playbook it shows here that my OS Version is 1.0.8.6067..but then i am reading some confusing Version 2.0. beta...what is that supposed to mean?....
    01-12-12 04:23 AM
    You probably have the latest released version. The beta release is developement only (theoretically) at this stage. You can dowload it from RIM and install it, but it is not official release code, so don't expect all the features/stability.
    01-12-12 04:44 AM
    hi,i just wanna ask something about the OS version...in my playbook it shows here that my OS Version is 1.0.8.6067..but then i am reading some confusing Version 2.0. beta...what is that supposed to mean?....
    It's available for download for devs to test their apps on. Just the UI diff as far as general users are concerned... Oh and ad2p support for bluetooth.
    You can run the home converted apps by sideloading them or use the (not too good) selection available in app world to instal OTA
    01-12-12 04:45 AM
    @quarky_uk, please....send me the link where i can make 2.0 beta...i wanna try it...
    01-12-12 04:56 AM
    thank u DD1968....i will check that out...wanna try all the games from androids...
    01-12-12 04:57 AM
    Hello all ,
    search under Handster (vendor) in AppWorld and you will those android apps already uploaded (over 500 when I last checked).
    01-12-12 12:00 PM
    Hello all ,
    search under Handster (vendor) in AppWorld and you will those android apps already uploaded (over 500 when I last checked).
    Yes, and they are basically flooding it with absolute **** for the most part.
    01-12-12 12:38 PM
    Hi mattvait,

im using the beta os. but i was mostly wondering why there were phone apps on app world with phone screen shots. it was just confusing. and if they run on the andriod app player i thought that you had to root to get the andriod app player working. thanks for the clairification cracksters.
    01-13-12 01:05 AM
    You're REALLY asking this question? Jeez, do a Playbook forum search for "Android"... it's not difficult.
    almost as easy as not being a troll.
    01-13-12 01:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD