I had a free Netflix trial for about a month on my TV and I noticed that after watching maybe a dozen movies (all of which I had seen before, only a couple of them did well in theatres) the rest of the selection was mostly really old junk I've never even heard of. But if you go by the amount of people who keep wanting it on PB you'd think Netflix was like some direct line to thousands of box office hits! I don't get it. I did see one person mention that they do have a fair selection for small children but that's the only thing I've seen that could explain it. I know it's dirt cheap but I seriously wouldn't even pirate most of those movies for free. I find more full-length history channel documentaries on YouTube that are good, than I have found decent movies on Netflix.
    01-11-12 12:05 PM
    I think netflix sends its employees to truck stops and tell them to purchase all the dvd's out of the 1.50 dvd bin, to use as online content.
    01-11-12 12:14 PM
    I agree. I also tried the free one month trial and was shocked at how limited the selection was.

I say everyone should hit the torrents sites until these media moguls give us the choice and selection we want. This is not 1974 and I have many, many choices of device to watch media on. these morons think they can charge me again and again just to watch their content, why? If the show is basically paid for with ad dollars and using the internet bypasses all the expense of the TV infrastructure, why can I not just watch it? If the same ads are in the same show, just f@$kin& broadcast it.

Really, pay for netflix, rent from iTunes, bla bla bla. If its broadcast in real good quality, and commercial free I agree its worth a payment. But, I don't feel I should have to pay at every delivery site/service there is. If I pay to watch season 1 of Lost, I want to watch it on any and every device I own that can playback the file. Period.

I feel I have the right to watch the show, Period. Not just the right to watch the show on 1 media device. enough is enough.

Sorry OP. I got out of hand there.
    ralfyguy, yipsilon, andino and 1 others like this.
    01-11-12 12:14 PM
    I'm halfway through my trial now. They do have a good amount of shows for kids but that's not good enough for me to justify a monthly fee though.
    Excited to see what the BB video store brings.
    01-11-12 12:15 PM
    I never felt the need for Netflix. There are so many other ways...
    The lack of Netflix keeps getting whined about but I would never use it.
    01-11-12 12:19 PM
    x3 on that. Not understanding the fixation and the borderline fits from those who might not get a fully functioning app in the 2.0 release are real head scratchers. It would appear the BB product that is launching is an alternative. Remains to be seen what the content availability is like, but it provides something for the "must have mobile movie" types.
    mikeyplaybook66 likes this.
    I don't use it much for movies, but I do watch tons of TV shows on it that I never got around to watching along with old shows that I loved as a kid that I get to re-watch. I just finished watching seasons 1-3 of Sliders (seasons 4-5 sucked if my memory serves me right so no sense in watching those) and the entire Roseanne series. I typically just watch Netflix on my TV at home or on my Amaze when at the gym during long cardio sessions, but it would be nice to have the capability on my Playbook if the need arises.
    rrrebo, JasW and eth555 like this.
    Netflix is great. I use it mostly for TV shows. I'd love to have it on playbook.
    Cozmik likes this.
    01-11-12 12:51 PM
    A Netflix app would be cool but not a huge deal for me either. I prefer to load movie files onto the Playbook and watch them without buffering or other hiccups--that's why I got the 64GB model.
    01-11-12 12:54 PM
    Its just another app, but I have no clue to the fixation about PB users asking for it either..... its just like how some ask for games, photo editing apps etc etc..... and thus we have some who absolutely need this netflix app and thus create a new thread every other day on it

I understand the demand for wanting a Skype app, but Netflix come on man
    01-11-12 12:59 PM
    To follow-up to my earlier post, it appears the Playbook app will be a porting of Roxio Now, the same service already running on many other consumer products and apps found on iPad and iPhone.

I'd say that's a robust add equal to Netflix for those with the interest.
    Last edited by cfarm3; 01-11-12 at 01:04 PM.
    01-11-12 01:01 PM
    I know it's dirt cheap but I seriously wouldn't even pirate most of those movies for free.
    Oh snap! Thanks for the laugh. Quote of the day .. lol

Seriously though, I tried Netflix for a brief period of time, and then I decided I'd have more fun painting my house. I was right.
    01-11-12 01:02 PM
    I'm a happy Netflix customer. I use it mainly to watch TV series (100's of episodes of TV series is a ton of viewing time right there). I've stumbled upon some great shows that I never would have watched before. When I'm in the mood to watch a movie, I usually find something interesting. There are also a good selection of documentaries.

Would I like a PlayBook app? Yes please.
    01-11-12 01:02 PM
    Netflix is great for Blu-ray users. Its such an easy way to get Blu-ray rentals, and if you watch regularly it is such a good deal. I have since dropped their streaming option once they added a charge for it. I stream from Hulu+ and Amazon Prime instead. This replaced my cable though. I have a Roku box and an antenna with a DVR. For $30/month (Netflix 2 Blu-rays at a time unlimited amount, Amazon Prime and Hulu+) that absolutely blows away a $30/month basic cable package. Add on free antenna content and my 1 time purchase for an antenna DVR and a Roku box. More content than I need.

Netflix on a mobile device? I honestly can't believe so many people "need" this.
    01-11-12 01:05 PM
    I never understood it either, had a free trial on my WDtv live for a month, browsed the library and promtly cancelled it(lasted a half hour for me). If I want to watch old movies from the late 80's early 90's ill pirate them. As far as tv shows go, eztv.it for any and all tv shows, and I dont have to wait for them to buffer. In the time it takes to buffer streaming netflix, I have a full tv episode downloaded and ready to go on my PB.
    washroom likes this.
    01-11-12 01:07 PM
    tried it, content wasn't for me so I don't need a netflix app...
    01-11-12 01:10 PM
    Rarely watch movies on it, but for TV shows it's great. A lot of classic of UK stuff, Mad Men, Breaking Bad and 202 episodes of X-Files! Well worth the $8 a month. My iPad has become my permanent Netflix streaming device (that's all I use it for).
    01-11-12 01:12 PM
    Just browsing their selection for netflix.ca can't even be bothered registering for my 1 month free.lol
    01-11-12 01:19 PM
    If you want to watch old movies just go to crackle.com, select a movie and watch away. Its free, all it costs you is a 10 or 15 second commercial (bathroom break) every 10 or 12 minutes. It works great on my 16g PB. No app required.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-11-12 01:21 PM
    Same price as netflix, I like Hulu instead. Better seasons for tv shows in my opinion.
    01-11-12 01:25 PM

I say everyone should hit the torrents sites until these media moguls give us the choice and selection we want.
    I don't want to steal content.
    01-11-12 01:26 PM
    Netflix has just launched in the UK this week. I've seen and heard about a hundred adverts for it so far, so at least they are pushing it. However, we have Lovefilm which is very similar to Netflix, plus BBC iplay, 4OD, Film4 and ITV player which we can watch TV and films on. I don't see the point in Netflix in the UK when we have so many other decent services available (plus torrents and sites like Sidereel).
    01-11-12 01:33 PM
    In the time it takes to buffer streaming netflix, I have a full tv episode downloaded and ready to go on my PB.
    Blame that on your internet connection, not Netflix.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-11-12 01:35 PM

No Doubt!

That isn't a Netflix Problem.

BlackBerry 9900 & Tapatalk
    01-11-12 01:36 PM
    if he's downloading both, how is his internet to blame for one but not the other? That just doesn't make sense to me.
    homer1475 likes this.
    01-11-12 01:41 PM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD