I wrote on this forum when I first got this phone from AT&T. Haven't done any upgrades or downloaded any apps. I use my cell phone just to text, call and receive email. Only problem I had was that the casing was "rising up" but I put a case on it and I forgot about it because my phone was fine.

A week and half ago this phone is starting to freeze but not for long periods of time. I usually wait it out, 5 - 10 seconds. It happens when I first try to tap my screen, I get no response. It happens when I browse the net, freezes for 10 seconds here and there. It happens when I text or write an email. It happens when I browse pictures...it's constantly freezing. Sometimes I'll get the hourglass icon. I have no apps running in the background, I haven't done anything drastic to the phone because like I said I just want to talk and text.

Any suggestions please?
    01-11-12 12:04 PM
    What OS are you running ?

Have you updated it since you got the phone ?

If the answer is no do an update to the leaked 7.1.0.190 or a late verison of 7.0 (.540 gets good reviews for battery life etc)

Apologies>

Re read OP and noted no update done so you are probably on .296 or similar, if this is the case you really do need to do an update.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 01-11-12 at 12:11 PM.
    pikaSF likes this.
    01-11-12 12:09 PM
    This also happens to me...not just once or twice, but it seems to happen whenever it wants, which is, anytime...

This did not happen in older OS's I was on, .250, .540...only on .590. I've been on this OS for around 3 weeks now, and i have observed this only in the last two weeks....in the beginning, there was just a slight lag, but later, the lags became freezes which take longer...between 5-10 secs....just when I think of doing a battery pull, the phone gets its life back...

But I'm not prepared to update to later OS's though. It is only with this OS that I found that I could tether to my laptop through DM. .540 did not allow me to.

Overall, I'm satisfied. It's just inconvenient...
    01-11-12 12:19 PM
    Get rid of BBM Music!
    01-11-12 12:22 PM
    Get rid of BBM Music!
    I have BBM music, which i now seldom use....does OP also have BBM Music?
    01-11-12 01:05 PM
    I have the BBM Music icon under my Media section but I haven't downloaded it or used it at all. You mean I should completely remove it? Sure I can try to.
    01-11-12 03:20 PM
    I just started noticing my browser freezing up as well. The screen becomes unresponsive, having to wait a few seconds. Hitting the back button or end call button doesn't help. I don't have BBM installed on my phone.

I'm on AT+T OS7.0 .576

Allen
    01-29-12 03:44 PM
    If you're having serious problems with 9900's, why not just backup your data, wipe so you start with a clean slate and instead of restoring apps, install them from app world, mobihand or wherever one at a time. If there's an app which is causing problems it will be evident and you can uninstall. I also find when I do this I find I choose not to reinstall several apps.

There seems to be conflict on this thread what OS to install, but this clean approach will work regardless.
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 01-29-12 at 06:19 PM.
    01-29-12 06:16 PM
    Battery pull or soft boot lately? I do a soft boot every few days just from old school BB habit. Keeps the cobwebs out. Press and hold alt-right shift-del, hope this helps.
    01-29-12 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD