Hey everyone!

I was very active around the forums around July and August of 2011, but then I had to go back to school and I lost track of 9930 and Blackberry news in general. I still want to get the Sprint 9930 though! (The carrier is definitely set for me.) My contract expires at the beginning of March which is when I'd like to get it. That being said, I was wondering if anyone could answer any of the following questions:

1) What is the best OS that I should upgrade to? (If I should upgrade at all.)

2) There were a lot of battery issues when it first came out. New owners: is that still the case? Is there an extended battery that won't make the phone thicker?

3) Can I use BeBuzz with Blackberry 7? (I'd die without it or something similar)

4) I've heard a lot of issues with bricking and what not. Is that just because most people come here to ask for help?

5) Anything else you think I should know! (I don't really use any apps. Just heavy texting and emailing.)

Thank you! Long live crackberry nation!
    01-10-12 06:16 PM
    1) The latest is the greatest 7.1
    2)The battery is small, if you are careful you wont have any problem having it last a whole day.
    3)Dont know about that
    4)Lets rephrase that. You hear a few complaining about bricking. You dont hear the many,many,many who dont have any complaints at all.
    5) If you dont like virtual keyboards, and you have to text, you need this phone. The keyboard is so comfortable I rarely use Vlingo anymore.
    Hope this helps, good luck to you.
    01-10-12 06:28 PM
    Also if anyone knows if Youmail visual voicemail works on blackberry 7, i'd love to know. thanks!
    01-10-12 06:36 PM
    Hey everyone!

I was very active around the forums around July and August of 2011, but then I had to go back to school and I lost track of 9930 and Blackberry news in general. I still want to get the Sprint 9930 though! (The carrier is definitely set for me.) My contract expires at the beginning of March which is when I'd like to get it. That being said, I was wondering if anyone could answer any of the following questions:

2) There were a lot of battery issues when it first came out. New owners: is that still the case? Is there an extended battery that won't make the phone thicker?

3) Can I use BeBuzz with Blackberry 7? (I'd die without it or something similar)

4) I've heard a lot of issues with bricking and what not. Is that just because most people come here to ask for help?

5) Anything else you think I should know! (I don't really use any apps. Just heavy texting and emailing.)

Thank you! Long live crackberry nation!

1) & 2) The battery issue isn't happening for me. I have OS 7.0.0.374. I haven't tried 7.1 yet. I get about 12 - 14 hours of battery life.

3) Bebuzz I'm pretty sure is available for OS 7. You can just check here on crackberry, in the app store.

4) My phone hasn't bricked a single time

5) The battery will do well for you and imho a physical keyboard, blackberry especially, is the most efficient way to communicate.

Don't forget, that more often than not, complaints fill the forums not pleasing and positive features and experiences of devices or what ever the subject matter is. Welcome to Crackberry

Fulfilling my Crackberry addiction using Tapatalk
    01-10-12 07:35 PM
    Why would you upgrade anything without test driving the stock os first. Take your time there is a lot of great stuff in the stock versions. Battery life for me has been stellar. I get a minimum of 16 hrs with medium use, 18 with moderate use and 12 hrs on heavy usage. Make sure you have your bb insured. My first one bricked after 4 months, but thanks to insurance I had a really nice certified refurb the next day, free shipping and no charges. And with Blackberry ID and a fresh backup I was right back where I wanted to be in an hour. This one seems very solid and is actually has better audio. Have no fear, its a new device with a huge processor running a new version of bb os, so there will be bugs early on. But I would do it over and over to have this BB! Love it, it is everything I want from a BB and more. Just keep reading the forums until you get yours and you will be very happy. Enjoy your new Bold!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-12 07:58 PM
    I did not go with the insurance and since they know about bricking I would demand a new phone since it would not be messed up by me.

I changed some settings last night and my battery is at 55% as of now 13 hours after a full charge.

Great Phone. Be BOLD, Go BOLD, BB BOLD!
    01-10-12 08:04 PM
    I did not go with the insurance and since they know about bricking I would demand a new phone since it would not be messed up by me.

I changed some settings last night and my battery is at 55% as of now 13 hours after a full charge.

Great Phone. Be BOLD, Go BOLD, BB BOLD!
    What kind of settings are you on exactly and what OS? I would love to have the same kind of battery life as you. I text and email a lot and call a moderate amount.
    01-10-12 09:24 PM
    What kind of settings are you on exactly and what OS? I would love to have the same kind of battery life as you. I text and email a lot and call a moderate amount.
    yeah seriously. i get great battery life but not like this. any little bit counts.
    damule6666 likes this.
    01-10-12 10:21 PM
    Hey J. I thought I'd give my 2 cents. I have a 9930 on Sprint and love it. It looks like we use our devices very similarly.
    1) I'm using 7.1. Never had an issue. Sprint won't allow the hotspot feature. I do have the super mega everything plan though. I guess they want even more cash from me. (ain't gonna happen.)
    2) I never had any battery issues. I believe that was a select few of the first buyers from a specific manufacturing line. My battery seldomly drops below 20 percent unless I get bored and watch videos or play a lot of games.
    3)BeBuzz works but I prefer Advance OS and LED (featured here on CB a few days ago.)
    4) Never had any issues with bricking or anything else.
    5) Not sure if you use KiK, but they just had an update (today) that seems to fix their battery issues.
    All said, I've had no issues from the device. Coming from an 8530, I'm extremely happy with the upgrade. I've never had anyone take a look at it and give me anything but envy eyes. Along with the Playbook, I'm a very satisfied addict!
    01-10-12 11:28 PM
    7.1 or one of the latest 7.0 OS's Or Hybrids.
    7.1 Has a battery glitch so that might be annoying.

There is No Extended Battery yet. Err. None from Siedio and they don't plan on making one.

Yessssss. You may.

I think it is because most come here for help.

Get Quicklaunch(app) and Minibanner (theme)
    01-10-12 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD