I am actually getting really close to ordering a curve - just got a new job, and it'd be very handy to have (plus my employer subsidizes it!). I've never owned a smartphone before.

Reason I haven't ordered it? I heard about the Bold on here.

I know this will be mostly (or all) speculation, but there are two questions I would have on the Bold:

1) WiFi - one of the main reasons I'd be into the phone. Reason is my mother-in-law has a place in the country where wireless signal (verizon) is spotty at best. The neighbors have an open wireless network. ;-) Looking at some preliminary information, I don't see "Wifi" listed for Verizon - just Sprint and AT&T. Any idea if Verizon, as they typically do, will rid the WiFi capability?

2) As I said, this is my first smartphone. I usually get the best regular phone for $50 or less. Since you've watched various models release, how quickly does the pricing typically drop? From what I am reading, expect the Bold to go for $300-$350 when released. Too rich for my blood. I am thinking I'd prefer sub-$200. Are we talking over a year before it drops to something like that? If so, I'll get a curve for two years and re-evaluate when I can renew.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to "the addiction"!
    09-04-08 09:17 PM
    Verizon is not getting the Bold. The Bold is a GSM phone only. Verizon is CDMA. The Bold will not work on Verizon. Verizon is getting the Thunder (touchscreen blackberry) but no one knows when. AT&T is the only carrier getting the bold, and T-mobile will follow eventually but no one knows when.

As far as anyone knows, verizon will not get the bold. if they do, it will not be for a long time.
    09-05-08 12:05 AM
    Verizon is not getting the Bold. The Bold is a GSM phone only. Verizon is CDMA. The Bold will not work on Verizon. Verizon is getting the Thunder (touchscreen blackberry) but no one knows when. AT&T is the only carrier getting the bold, and T-mobile will follow eventually but no one knows when.

As far as anyone knows, verizon will not get the bold. if they do, it will not be for a long time.
    Actually, Verizon is suppose to get the BOLD sometime in 2009
    09-05-08 12:07 AM
    Actually, Verizon is suppose to get the BOLD sometime in 2009
    I meant that there are no plans. If they DO, it will be quite a while.

Can you site your source? I haven't seen anything about verizon getting a Bold at any time. The Thunder and Niagra are slated for verizon
    09-05-08 12:22 AM
    The link that confirms the rumor has floated around on CB before. If I can find it, I will post back. I originally saw it posted by user Crucial Xtreme.
    09-05-08 12:25 AM
    Found it. Here you go. Just don't count on the release date for January 09 for Verizon to be accurate.

RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 (AT&T) vs. RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 (T-Mobile) vs. RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 (Verizon Wireless) - infoSync Reviews
    09-05-08 12:30 AM
    Thanks for the replies - That's the same link that I had seen, and notice how WiFi isn't listed?

I'll forget about the Bold for now and go with the Curve then.
    09-05-08 05:00 AM
    I would assume that it would have wifi regardless of the carrier.

Maybe they just couldn't confirm that? It doesn't say no, just no answer, so maybe they just couldn't confirm it?
    09-05-08 11:41 AM
    TENTATIVE - JANUARY 9th - BOLD...
    09-16-08 08:39 AM
    TENTATIVE - JANUARY 9th - BOLD...
    Prove it. Don't make statements like this when it's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about.
    09-16-08 09:17 AM
    Prove it. Don't make statements like this when it's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about.
    whoa whoa whoa, slow down there. Its looks like your the one who has no idea, BB bold will come to Verizon eventually. Just because you haven't heard of anything doesn't mean there aren't negotiations between major companies. Did you really think a phone this popular will not be released on US biggest 3g network? Cmon now BB abuser.
    09-16-08 10:15 AM
    whoa whoa whoa, slow down there. Its looks like your the one who has no idea, BB bold will come to Verizon eventually. Just because you haven't heard of anything doesn't mean there aren't negotiations between major companies. Did you really think a phone this popular will not be released on US biggest 3g network? Cmon now BB abuser.
    haha you need to slow down. Apparently you can't read. I said above the bold will probably be modified and eventually released but there is currently no solid proof. It probably won't be the same name I bet. Besides I was referring to his statement that the bold is on verizon jan 9th. No one knows that date. I don't care if you are a dm for verizon. At this point you don't know. That was all I was saying. Don't make speculation on a release date as all you're doing is making yourself look dumb when you're wrong. Read before you slam someone please.
    Last edited by amkls704; 09-16-08 at 11:20 AM.
    09-16-08 11:16 AM
    haha you need to slow down. Apparently you can't read. I said above the bold will probably be modified and eventually released but there is currently no solid proof. It probably won't be the same name I bet. Besides I was referring to his statement that the bold is on verizon jan 9th. No one knows that date. I don't care if you are a dm for verizon. At this point you don't know. That was all I was saying. Don't make speculation on a release date as all you're doing is making yourself look dumb when you're wrong. Read before you slam someone please.
    Ooh so sensitive. Sure you said the bold is coming after another member's post. I am not sure what your referring too above when you say I dont know the date, because I never said I did, nor speculated.
    09-16-08 10:40 PM
    Ooh so sensitive. Sure you said the bold is coming after another member's post. I am not sure what your referring too above when you say I dont know the date, because I never said I did, nor speculated.
    Wow. Maybe you shouldn't have commented on something that never referred to you in the first place? I'm not sensitive, I just don't tolerate idiotic behavior well.

Another member said "Bold is going to hit verizon january 9th".

THAT is what I commented on. I said don't speculate about things you know nothing about.

No one knows when or IF the Bold is coming to verizon right now.

No one even knows a release date for AT&T yet.

If you would have READ, you would have seen I wasn't even referring to you. How could I of been when apparently your first post on this forum was made to bash me. Way to go.

You are the one that rudely interjected on a statement that had absolutely nothing to do with you.

*End of the conversation - unsubscribed from thread.*
    Last edited by amkls704; 09-16-08 at 10:52 PM.
    09-16-08 10:49 PM
    The bold will most likely hit vzw in 09. However, vzw devices don't support wifi currently, and who knows if they plan to change this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-08 10:55 PM
    Wow. Maybe you shouldn't have commented on something that never referred to you in the first place? I'm not sensitive, I just don't tolerate idiotic behavior well.

Another member said "Bold is going to hit verizon january 9th".

THAT is what I commented on. I said don't speculate about things you know nothing about.

No one knows when or IF the Bold is coming to verizon right now.

No one even knows a release date for AT&T yet.

If you would have READ, you would have seen I wasn't even referring to you. How could I of been when apparently your first post on this forum was made to bash me. Way to go.

You are the one that rudely interjected on a statement that had absolutely nothing to do with you.

*End of the conversation - unsubscribed from thread.*
    You just contradicted yourself again. Do you even realize what you are saying? It seems public education has failed on you. This is a forum and open to public, every comment has a quote option on purpose.

Thought this would be a good read for you just in case you come back.

/youfail
    09-17-08 09:26 PM
    You just contradicted yourself again. Do you even realize what you are saying? It seems public education has failed on you. This is a forum and open to public, every comment has a quote option on purpose.

Thought this would be a good read for you just in case you come back.

/youfail
    Really, let the arguement die. There's no need to reignite this flame.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-08 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD