Hi guys,

I am using blackberry protect to backup data. the backup went well as usual, one day, i make a try and used BB protect to restore the addressBook only, however, the addressBook was not restored fully as the existing one on phone. Any one has any ideas of what is the problem?

SBS
    01-10-12 08:15 AM
    Hi! It's possible that the latest sync/backup did not push thru completely. I suppose you allow BB Protect to backup regularly...? I suggest you try restoring from an older backup. If the slightly older backup is just a week old or so, I'm guessing there weren't a lot of changes to the data, unless you just recently entered dozens of contacts.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Pls. feel free to post further questions/clarifications.
    01-10-12 10:36 AM
    I had the same problem a while back. Initially I freaked out like a girl, thought my life was over and wanted to slap myself but soon figured out it had something to do with transferring the data over wifi from blackberry protect. I wish I could remember what I did to fix it. I know this doesn't help but don't fret. All may not be lost.
    01-10-12 04:25 PM
    Are you referring to the Ota sync functionality post restore? If so, delete and re-install the email account(s) that you use. That fixed that particular bug for me. Let me know if your having issues with missing contacts via the protect restore (I prefer the device switch wizard just BC it includes so much more of your options and settings).

- A Del
    01-10-12 07:17 PM
    I had this same problem with a friends BB. What i discovered then was that any contacts being synced to an email account doesn't get backed up trough BB Protect, so just check all your email accounts and you'll probably find that they are saved there.
    One very important point please export them to .csv file before setting up a sync again in case they get deleted. If they do just import them using DM, for instructions how just search the forums its pretty straightforward.

Hope i was clear enough
    01-10-12 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD