an android app store with 2.0 update in february right? How many more apps will be introduced?

Also if anyone knows, will the Playtorrent app cost money or will it be free if even allowed in the app store.

New to these forums and have been dying to ask since I got my playbook.
    01-09-12 09:36 PM
    an android app store with 2.0 update in february right? How many more apps will be introduced?

Also if anyone knows, will the Playtorrent app cost money or will it be free if even allowed in the app store.

New to these forums and have been dying to ask since I got my playbook.
    The app is no longer being supported by the developer (which is a big shame) due to it being rejected from App World.
    See my sig below where you can download and set it up on your PB.
    BERaddict likes this.
    01-15-12 06:18 AM
    It never worked for me though. What't the secret?
    01-15-12 08:05 AM
    It never worked for me though. What't the secret?
    You was not able to side-load the app?
    What OS are you on?
    01-15-12 08:18 AM
    There will be no separate android app store - all content will come from appworld
    01-15-12 08:19 AM
    You was not able to side-load the app?
    What OS are you on?
    Don't be silly... I was not able to download torrents. It would never get the trackers to work.
    01-15-12 09:26 AM
    Don't be silly... I was not able to download torrents. It would never get the trackers to work.
    You don't be silly!
    I noticed one of my fave trackers does not work on PlayTorrent

Have you tried other trackers by any chance?
    01-15-12 09:52 AM
    The app is no longer being supported by the developer (which is a big shame) due to it being rejected from App World.
    hi. i am trying your side load but dont understand step 5. i have the file infront of me
    thx keith
    01-15-12 10:56 AM
    thx
    got it working, its great. although very slow. so far 15min for a 10mb song, i'm wondering if some of the reason for it taking so long, is it still working when the PB goes untouched into sleep? or does it NEED to stay ON??

keith
    01-15-12 11:38 AM
    so will all the apps on the andriod app market show up in app world? i haven't quite understood how it works yet...
    01-15-12 11:47 AM
    You don't be silly!
    I noticed one of my fave trackers does not work on PlayTorrent

Have you tried other trackers by any chance?
    Double you dont be silly!! (We better stop, this is getting silly)

None of the trackers for none of the torrents downloaded from different sites. And all permissions were properly set.

So, what's the magic trick to get it working?
    01-15-12 12:02 PM
    It would be lovely to have a fully functioning Torrent client on your Playbooks! But for now I'm using a great website called torrific.com! Literally copy the link of the download from your favorite torrent site & it'll download it in the cloud for you! You can then download as a .zip file if there are multiple files.

Hope this helps!
    01-15-12 01:21 PM
    Can anyone confirm if playtorrent will allow access to individual files within a torrent or must I download all of the contents of the torrent. Would consider sideloading it if it has this capability. Never sideloaded anything onto the PB native or otherwise and have never tried the 2.0 beta. If playtorrent was not approved i doubt any of the googleOS conversions/submissions will be approveded. Otherwise i will continue with a laptop for torrents; have almost abandoned my laptop for all media consumption activies.
    Go PlayBook!
    01-15-12 01:24 PM
    Can anyone confirm if playtorrent will allow access to individual files within a torrent or must I download all of the contents of the torrent. Would consider sideloading it if it has this capability. Never sideloaded anything onto the PB native or otherwise and have never tried the 2.0 beta. If playtorrent was not approved i doubt any of the googleOS conversions/submissions will be approveded. Otherwise i will continue with a laptop for torrents; have almost abandoned my laptop for all media consumption activies.
    Go PlayBook!
    hi there. yes you can select what you want to download. only problem is i dont know where the files are going, pls read my other post in "need a torrent client"
    thx keith
    01-15-12 01:59 PM
    hi there. yes you can select what you want to download. only problem is i dont know where the files are going, pls read my other post in "need a torrent client"
    thx keith
    thx keith. Saw your other post as well. I will try to sideload it when i have a chance and see if i can figure out where files go.
    01-15-12 03:02 PM
    thx keith
    I have a torrent downloading right now and will post to let u know where it is going. I would think it would be under downloads. Did u look in all folders ? I mean there are not that many on a playbook lol. Where ever it goes, it should show up in videos. You might want to use air browser to look for it in other folders.
    01-15-12 03:14 PM
    Gave up on it, too slow.
    01-15-12 03:47 PM
    Torrents get downloaded to /documents/downloads/

PlayTorrent seems to download very slowly though and tents to Fluctuate in speed a lot though
    01-15-12 03:52 PM
    Finally sideload PlayTorrent. Pretty minimalist but would get the job done in an emergency. (Downloaded some sweet books from the 30s!) My main requirement was downloading individual files from a much larger file and it will do this with some coaxing. Puts the downloaded files in documents/downloads. Will save all the file names and directory structures and fill the filenames with 0 bytes which you will have to clean up. Like I say it gets the job done in an emergency. Glad I have it on my PB.
    01-19-12 08:16 PM
    i just use the GUI web interface with uTorrent to control my downloads. i then fetch them from my PC on my home network to my PB by web browser or ftp download. Works well enough.
    01-19-12 09:57 PM
    Great application, except the speeds are painfully slow & as others have mentioned the speeds fluctuate dramatically..

Has anyone found an alternative?
    08-30-12 09:55 PM
    Ran the gamut of Android torrent clients and I settled on Swarm. Glad I have it on PB for emergencies while mobile but none of the android clients can touch utorrent on a PC for speed.
    Last edited by Glamrlama; 08-30-12 at 10:23 PM.
    08-30-12 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD