Why are we hearing nothing about 7.1 for any T-Mobile Blackberry devices? I'm assuming the 9900 won't get WiFi calling until this is available. For as much as T-Mobile charged for these things they should be getting this to us quick!
    01-09-12 09:41 AM
    I would call T-Mobile about your concerns.

Maybe they dont want the network congestion of WiFi hotspot?

maybe they have a build in the wild and no tmo tester wants to speak up?

we really dont know.
    01-09-12 10:07 AM
    If Verizon and sprint released theirs last week, I'm sure T-Mobile will do the same in the next week or two.
    01-09-12 11:55 AM
    If Verizon and sprint released theirs last week, I'm sure T-Mobile will do the same in the next week or two.
    Hopefully with the official RIM announcement of 7.1 today it won't be long. Looks like a good update and I can't wait to get 7.1 and my Playbook working together and the ability to remote control my Playbook when 2.0 is released.
    01-09-12 02:56 PM
    blackberryreview.com says 7.1 is in blackberry beta now. link is on their site, i can't get the copy/paste down on my playbook.
    01-17-12 10:38 PM
    I know they had bigger fish to fry with the ATT buyout and all... Hope they don't forget about us!
    01-20-12 12:41 PM
    They didn't forget. Their 7.1 is in a closed beta in the BB beta zone. I got my invite yesterday but haven't had time to download yet.
    01-20-12 01:38 PM
    Another vote for 7.1 leak OS. I know it can be tricky, but it is well worth it.
    01-21-12 11:02 AM
    Got the BB Beta zone invite to Beta test the 7.1 for tmobile and I have it installed on both my BB 9900 and BB9810. It seems to be working much better and has a lot better battery life as well.

Starting today for a limited time T-Mobile also started offering Smartphone Mobile Hotswap and Mobilelife Plus for free with two of their data plans. Was able to get it activated for my current BIS plan without any additional monthly cost. More info here T-Mobile Launching New Hush Hush Promotional Plans On January 25th
    01-25-12 01:26 PM
    Cyber,

How did you get an invite to beta the tmo 7.1? I'm part of the beta program and I don't see it listed for me....
    01-25-12 01:37 PM
    Apparently I've had the 7.1 program invite pending for a while and never knew about it

Downloading now...
    02-02-12 06:39 PM
    How can I get an invite? Thanks.
    02-02-12 06:43 PM
    Hope it's a newer build than the sprint/version ones. I kept encountering a bug where the audio randomly stops working during calls and you have to reboot (I'm not the only one either)... Had to downgrade to 7.0
    02-02-12 06:48 PM
    I spoke to tmo CS yesterday and they told me that the deployment of 7.1 has been temporarily suspended due to a problem having been discovered.

When I asked for details they told me there was some sort of problem with the OTA upgrade not installing properly on some people's handsets. No new ETA available.
    02-12-12 02:55 AM
    I spoke to tmo CS yesterday and they told me that the deployment of 7.1 has been temporarily suspended due to a problem having been discovered.

When I asked for details they told me there was some sort of problem with the OTA upgrade not installing properly on some people's handsets. No new ETA available.
    02-12-12 03:01 AM
    Did nothing special to get the invite. I got one for my account, my wife who also has a beta account registered, she never got one.

So, I am not sure what their criteria for selecting Beta testers for 7.1 was.

Cyber,

How did you get an invite to beta the tmo 7.1? I'm part of the beta program and I don't see it listed for me....
    Last edited by cyberoid; 02-12-12 at 04:23 PM. Reason: spelling error
    02-12-12 04:23 PM
    So no eta for the rest of us, wow tmobile kinda left us, and ford is still allowed to operate, what a place we live in, thanks tmo
    02-15-12 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD