Hopefully an easy question for you all... I have a VZW 9930 and I upgraded to Sprint's 7.1 by removing the vendor files at the time of the release. I now hear VZW is going to put out the same update in the next few days and those already on 7.1 will not be notified of the current VZW update. Here's my dilemma, Sprint does not have Push to Talk so there wasn't an upgrade for this in Sprint's release. I'm guessing Verizon may have something to address in PTT because they have that feature. Should I now download to VZW's earlier .374 and await the notice of the new VZW 7.1 or should I just keep Sprint's 7.1 and keep my eyes open for VZW's 7.1 version, download and install. I'm also hoping for some of the battery fixes that may be in VZW's new 7.1 release, such as going from 100 to 90% instantly etc...I'd really rather switch to VZW's release because I have a Verizon phone but I'm not sure of the appropriate path to take here. If I just stick with Sprint's version until I see VZW's upgrade and then just download VZW's at the time? Any suggestions? (So much for the "easy" question..)
    01-09-12 06:42 AM
    Hopefully an easy question for you all... I have a VZW 9930 and I upgraded to Sprint's 7.1 by removing the vendor files at the time of the release. I now hear VZW is going to put out the same update in the next few days and those already on 7.1 will not be notified of the current VZW update. Here's my dilemma, Sprint does not have Push to Talk so there wasn't an upgrade for this in Sprint's release. I'm guessing Verizon may have something to address in PTT because they have that feature. Should I now download to VZW's earlier .374 and await the notice of the new VZW 7.1 or should I just keep Sprint's 7.1 and keep my eyes open for VZW's 7.1 version, download and install. I'm also hoping for some of the battery fixes that may be in VZW's new 7.1 release, such as going from 100 to 90% instantly etc...I'd really rather switch to VZW's release because I have a Verizon phone but I'm not sure of the appropriate path to take here. If I just stick with Sprint's version until I see VZW's upgrade and then just download VZW's at the time? Any suggestions? (So much for the "easy" question..)
    From what I read, the VZW release is the same as Sprint's. I'm sure if you downgraded to .374 and get the VZW OS when it's released, you'll feel better - otherwise you'll be wondering about the "what if's" on any possible differences.

You've used Sprint's version, so why not try VZW's? Maybe the battery issue will be rectified. And I'm back on .374 and will get the VZW release.......
    enb123 likes this.
    01-09-12 06:54 AM
    Looking forward to reports from VZW users about this offical VZW released version!

Is the battery pretty bad on the Sprint 7.1?
    01-09-12 06:56 AM
    Actually the battery is much better than it was on .374..The only problem is that it does decrease from 100% to 90% +/- but then it's great with moderate usage. It seems to hold pretty steady at around 40-50% until I get home after work, so I bought a spare battery and just keep it with me in case I get stuck somewhere, but if VZW has a better fix, why not try? I have a feeling that I'll just have the extra battery for a long time...
    01-09-12 07:06 AM
    So the battery doesn't drain from 100 to 90, right? It's just the battery indicator updating to reflect the proper charge?

Has anyone tried bump charging?
    01-09-12 07:09 AM
    I'm skeptic. I believe VZ just wants to rake in more money with an additional fee for Wi-Fi and/or Push to Talk. I may just stay put with .374.
    01-09-12 07:11 AM
    So the battery doesn't drain from 100 to 90, right? It's just the battery indicator updating to reflect the proper charge?

Has anyone tried bump charging?
    I think that's the issue - the indicator drops that fast - not the actual battery.
    01-09-12 07:12 AM
    I'm skeptic. I believe VZ just wants to rake in more money with an additional fee for Wi-Fi and/or Push to Talk. I may just stay put with .374.
    You don't HAVE to activate either the Hotspot feature or Push To Talk though. It is nice to have as an option if you need it. But, yeah, probably is the same build other than those things.
    01-09-12 07:13 AM
    People actually use PTT?
    01-09-12 09:17 AM
    You've used Sprint's version, so why not try VZW's?
    Looking forward to reports from VZW users about this offical VZW released version!
    7.1.0.163 is 7.1.0.163. VZW may add PTT but the OS itself is the same
    01-09-12 09:20 AM
    PTT is an app you download separately and yes people do use it, mostly businesses.
    01-09-12 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD